Simstarter NG P3D - "Parked aircraft" and PMDG

msagner

PMDG recommends that the simulator should be started with some simple default aircraft and to load the PMDG aircraft only when the sim is running.

This is good advice as otherwise a CTD might happen anytime during the flight (been there, done that).

Therefore, I have configured all my PMDG profiles with the Maule as the chosen aircraft.

After completing a flight, the PMDG aircraft appears in the "parked aircraft" list, but it seems not to be possible to start a new flight from that stored GPS position unless the PMDG aircraft is selected in the profile (which I don't want to do for above reasons).

What to do in this case?

Thanks in advance for any hints

Michael

• Developer

Hi Michael,

thanks for raising this question. If the aircraft developer does not recommend loading the aircraft from "saved flight" you can't use this function directly.

The workarround would be:

1. Your flight with "PMDG FlightABC" has been saved
  2. You choose the "PMDG aircraft" > button will appear "green"
  3. Click the green button, take the last position
  4. Switch the aircraft back from the "PMDG" to "Maule" and start the profile (do not click the green button again)
  5. It's just one more step and you could use this function as well

Hope that helps.

22 hours ago, msagner said:

PMDG recommends that the simulator should be started with some simple default aircraft and to load the PMDG aircraft only when the sim is running.

Which simulator platform ?

Not required for Prepar3D as long as you load to the default scenario screen.

Archived