Sound hotfix

12 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

This weekend or Monday, should fix 90% of the known issues.

Hi @Mathijs Kok, does this include the spatial audio issues I described in this post?

Don't get me wrong, I'm patient and have 0 expectations for a time frame, but I made that post a few days ago and it would be reassuring just to see that the issue (and the missing sounds issue being discussed elsewhere) has been acknowledged as separate/distinct from the engine sound issue, and is on the list of things to fix; thanks in advance. 

vor 11 Stunden , Raymond Keattch sagte:

I am watching with interest.  These issues stopped me buying this product, but if the issues are fixed and peoples reactions are good, I will purchase.

Same.
The transition of engine sounds when you throttle up while take off sounds a bit strange. However the recordings itself sound pretty good.

15 hours ago, Raymond Keattch said:

I am watching with interest.  These issues stopped me buying this product, but if the issues are fixed and peoples reactions are good, I will purchase.

Me too!

16 hours ago, Raymond Keattch said:

Me too!!

I too am impatient for the update. And I have bought it. Lots of potential customers waiting. I attest that the rest of the product is very good. As soon as the sounds improve, it's worth it.

It's great to see an update pushed so quickly that addresses many of the more outstanding issues. After playing around with it for just a few minutes it's apparent that some of the engine sample transitions are still quite noticeable, so hopefully some tweaks are still yet to come in that area, although on the whole it's much less of a problem now...

So now that the patch is out, not to sound ungrateful but would you mind addressing the sound issue I posted about last week, and followed up on, namely that the cockpit sounds (switches, levers, fans, various beeps/boops) are not assigned to their source objects? Again, no rush, just looking to get it added to the 'known issues' list because I think it will have a measurable effect on overall sound quality and immersion (for the obvious reason, but also by creating any stereo separation between the samples at all)

I also just updated to 1.0.1.0.  

I think the sound samples representing the different phases of the engine are excellent.

I can hear a change following the update.  I hear most engine sound phase volumes reduced, plus an improvement to the sound transitions as the engines change phase.

But for me, the engine start motor whine is still extremely loud compared with the other engine sounds (from the cockpit).  Has this sound not been reduced in volume, whereas the others have?

And although I hear smoother transitions, typically I would say that the sound representing the phase you're transitioning away from, always ends too abruptly, rather than fades and becomes drowned by the next sound.

Nice to see many of the fixes in the latest patch. The pounding ski sound heard when the skis are down in the ski variant is now gone from the cockpit when in motion or at rest, but it is now heard in external view when the aircraft is at rest. This still needs to be tweaked.

Start an engine, shut it down and increase the volume as you go. You can hear a conversation in the background, as if someone had called in during the recording. At this point, the sound is amateurish. I use a Razer Kraken Ultimate.

4 minutes ago, testorius said:

Start an engine, shut it down and increase the volume as you go. You can hear a conversation in the background, as if someone had called in during the recording. At this point, the sound is amateurish. I use a Razer Kraken Ultimate.

I can't be sure, but I interpreted this as 'ambience' sounds - cockpit chatter, or passengers leaving the plane. 

The sound needs to be modelled properly, not mashed together as a selection of samples. Propellor and Turbine sounds need to be modelled independently through the entire RPM range. Agreed that it's kinda amateurish for such a great aircraft in most other areas.

vor 10 Minuten, Dopster198 sagte:

I can't be sure, but I interpreted this as 'ambience' sounds - cockpit chatter, or passengers leaving the plane. 

You could assume that, but the sound/conversation ends abruptly with the soundtrack of the engine. In my opinion, this is simply an unclean sound recording.

Archived