Limited Functionality in the FMS

rbringh

Many of the functions of the FMS are non-working. No OBS functionality as I can figure. It seems Aerosoft would have a fully functional GPS system. I know it's an add on and not standard equipment but if we are going to fly an aircraft in 2022 why not fully working. I would suggest you consult with PMS5 about the GTN-750. Nextgen Systems now offers this in their Embraer Bandeirante as a built in add on. It's head and shoulders better than using the stock unit. 

Luckily the GTN-750 is workable in any aircraft in a non built-in window. It sure would be special to have the built in look and functionality of that equipment. Would make this a 4 Star plane.

You can download the PMS 530 here: Release v1.0.46 · pimarc/pms50-gns530 · GitHub

With this installed the current GPS in the Twin Otter will be upgraded to a state much closer to the real thing.

It also included the 430

Main features

• MSFS U-turn bug workaround
  • North Up / Track up map modes
  • Terrain Map
  • Map cursor with waypoint selection
  • TCAS (anti collision system)
  • NEXTRAD weather data
  • Better DirectTo management
  • Weather radar
  • Wind indicator
  • VNAV page