Vatsim Model matching

Hi,

Did anyone know a way, how to model match the Twin Otter in MSFS when flying online via the Vatsim Network ?

Today I flew some rounds between SXM-SBH and there were some other Twotter pilots around and everyone of them was shown as an A330. Strange to see 3 A330 at SBH. I asked them if they have an solution but they have the same problem like I and everyone else has.

@YetiAir You can add your own model matching to VATSIM.  It's in the vpilot settings.

As long as they connect with an appropriate aircraft ICAO code, then this mechansim will show their aircraft as the models you decide based on what is installed on your system.

Here's the file I use...vpilot-rules.vmrvpilot-rules.vmrvpilot-rules.vmr

I would recommend Model Matching Magic.. it builds a VMR (model matching) file based on what aircraft you have installed.

Had to add DHC6 as the aircraft type, and the airline codes, but it works well.

Please login to display this image.

https://flightsim.to/file/15266/model-matching-magic

• 2 weeks later...

Just a word of caution regarding using MMM.

This method works great for small aircraft such as the Twin Otter.

However, if you have a lot of larger aircraft and use this method, you may experience a substantial reduction in frame rates and stutters if there is a lot of traffic, so you may want to be very selective on what aircraft you include in your model matching rules.

This has been discussed in the vPilot forums.

Regards,

Marc

• Aerosoft
10 minutes ago, CXA001 said:

However, if you have a lot of larger aircraft and use this method, you may experience a substantial reduction in frame rates and stutters if there is a lot of traffic, so you may want to be very selective on what aircraft you include in your model matching rules.

The size of the aircraft plays no role, it is how efficient they are modeled, every polygon and every texture needs CPU and GPU power. 

So you need 'low' res textures as the base with decals for the details. Exactly as the SDK explains.

Indeed.

Unlike Aerosoft aircraft, some other payware models are not efficiently modeled for AI traffic and therefore should not be selected in model matching.

If you are flying a VATSIM event such as Friday Night Ops (FNO) or Cross the Pond (CTP) and notice that there is a huge frame rate drop, try unselecting some of your payware aircraft in your model matching rules.

Regards,

Archived