While waiting for the Twin Otter Soundpatch.

As I told, I really like the plane. But the Sound of Version 1.0 , was a disappointment.

I really had nothing to do with all this Sound Stuff before, was reading about Wwise and the old Legacy Sound Configs.

Was testing around, converted the Wwise into mp3´s to get a Idea of all the 300 Sounds out of the Soundbank. The Sounds are awesome and well recorded, so It was or is just a thing how they work together in the Wwise Config.

So I did a small Mod of using the Wwise Sounds and also Twotter Legacy Sounds.

It´s not perfect, I´m not a Dev. But here we have a improvement of RPM Stages and Turbine Stages . Did a small demo, no proceeds just focus on Sound.

Hope that we will have some kind like this soon.

That is the volume level my ears could live with. I mean first try and i felt genuine pain in my ears. I know its very loud in real life, i have been up in a Twotter many a time up here in north of Norway with Widerøe. But jesus... :)

I think the loudness in the cockpit is a major issue. It may be accurate, but what good is accuracy if it drowns out all other sounds. It's strange when you open the pilot door with engines running and there is no increase in sound or when you close the door no decrease. That can't be accurate. A pilot will have on a headset that allows him to hear the tower, you can barely make out anything ATC is saying, and you can't turn the volume of the radio up. The only option is to reduce the environment sound to a level the game functions.

I thought all the NOISE was cool at first, then it just became grueling and took the joy of this new plane totally away.

It's not real, it's a simulation and it's hard to keep a good balance and maintain game enjoyment. Hopefully they implement a solution soon.

Please upload this on flightsim.to!  

It's an absolute must-have!  I'm sure I'm not the only one here who's not yet been able to enjoy a proper flight in the Twotter because of the broken sounds. 

Here you have not only proven that is can be done, but apparently you've gone and actually done it.  Please share this with the rest of us! This is glorious work!

I was actually just about to start looking up how to such a mod myself, only to find I've been quite thoroughly ninja'd by this just now.  

Please share! For the love of the turbo-prop gods!

5 hours ago, zaki87 said:

As I told, I really like the plane. But the Sound of Version 1.0 , was a disappointment.

I really had nothing to do with all this Sound Stuff before, was reading about Wwise and the old Legacy Sound Configs.

Was testing around, converted the Wwise into mp3´s to get a Idea of all the 300 Sounds out of the Soundbank. The Sounds are awesome and well recorded, so It was or is just a thing how they work together in the Wwise Config.

So I did a small Mod of using the Wwise Sounds and also Twotter Legacy Sounds.

It´s not perfect, I´m not a Dev. But here we have a improvement of RPM Stages and Turbine Stages . Did a small demo, no proceeds just focus on Sound.

Hope that we will have some kind like this soon.

Maybe abit high pitched when at full throttle but overall great job man.

I dont have the permisson to share,because this Mod contains “TURBINE SOUND STUDIOS - DHC-6 PT-6 TWIN OTTER HD PILOT EDITION SOUNDPACK”, wich was made for the FSX Version and u have to buy it at the Simmarket.

-A few steps to do then, put the Soundset files into the Sound folder of the Twotter.
-Edit the Sound.xml for Engine 1 and 2, replace the “true” to “false” to mute the sounds of the Wwise Soundbank from the Release Version of the Twotter.
-Finally U need to make a new Layout.JSON.

Thats all I did to get this mix between the Wwise Sounds and this Legacy Soundset which u need to buy.

Any chance of making a 2nd version using a vanilla aircraft engine like the King Air so you can upload mod? I saw a version already but that cut every other sound out.

15 minutes ago, zaki87 said:

I dont have the permisson to share,because this Mod contains “TURBINE SOUND STUDIOS - DHC-6 PT-6 TWIN OTTER HD PILOT EDITION SOUNDPACK”, wich was made for the FSX Version and u have to buy it at the Simmarket.

-A few steps to do then, put the Soundset files into the Sound folder of the Twotter.
-Edit the Sound.xml for Engine 1 and 2, replace the “true” to “false” to mute the sounds of the Wwise Soundbank from the Release Version of the Twotter.

Thats all I did to get this mix between the Wwise Sounds and this Legacy Soundset which u need to buy.

Dang, that's a shame

18 minutes ago, zaki87 said:

No, but you can share the xml file and json file.

OMG this is just what I was looking for! please find a way to share this. maybe Aerosoft can make this happen sopmehow? Just release it as a patch and we'll at least have a placeholder that's 10.000 times better than the old sounds :) Apparently Aerosoft have already licensed the TTS sounds (according to TTS), so using them in a new soundpack shouldn't be an issue... right?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Currently the Twin Otter team is working hard on improving the sound set. You can also wait for the update (that will not take very long, as a lot of progress has been made) and see if you like it, before you spend money on this.

Thanks Eric, It's so encouraging to hear that you guys are hard at work on the sounds :)

I suppose it's no fun for a teamto have been working hard on a plane for what..over a year? You build up the hype, and all the testers, pilots and reviewers seem enthusiastic about it (with a few caveats), and then finally the day comes where you release your baby to the big world..and then it's a bit of a disappointment.. I can only imagine how that feels.

Anyway really lookijg forward to the Aerosoft update then .. can't wait to hear what you guys managed to accomplish!

34 minutes ago, Eric Bakker said:

Currently the Twin Otter team is working hard on improving the sound set. You can also wait for the update (that will not take very long, as a lot of progress has been made) and see if you like it, before you spend money on this.

I hope the sounds for feather/unfeather prop is in the update. As of now the condition levelers have no impact on the sounds.

Archived