Honeycomb Bravo and Alpha button binding minor issues

Hi there,

I have an Alpha Yoke and Bravo Throttle and tried to fiddling around with button binding.

Please note that alpha yoke have a standard button configuration since it works fine out of the box.

I found the following:

Alpha Yoke:

BATT red button enable the battery but do not activate any switch on the aircraft cockpit

ALT button does not activate generators.

AV1 button enable avionics but 

AV2 seems not doing anything and think is correct.

All light switches work apart from strobe. No actions at all if programmed with set or on/off.

Regarding Bravo Throttle:

I made some custom bindings on the switches just above throttles and found following:

Pitot heat does not work neither in on-off nor in toggle mode.

Cabin light as above.

Prop levers are configured as suggested in the manual but sometimes going in to detent and go forward again does not function and therefore no feathering mode can be enabled.

You guys have same issues or some suggestions?

Thanks and have a good flight!

Dave

• GreenHella changed the title to Honeycomb Bravo and Alpha button binding minor issues
  • Aerosoft
21 minutes ago, GreenHella said:

Hi there,

I have an Alpha Yoke and Bravo Throttle and tried to fiddling around with button binding.

Please note that alpha yoke have a standard button configuration since it works fine out of the box.

I found the following:

Alpha Yoke:

BATT red button enable the battery but do not activate any switch on the aircraft cockpit

ALT button does not activate generators.

AV1 button enable avionics but 

AV2 seems not doing anything and think is correct.

All light switches work apart from strobe. No actions at all if programmed with set or on/off.

Regarding Bravo Throttle:

I made some custom bindings on the switches just above throttles and found following:

Pitot heat does not work neither in on-off nor in toggle mode.

Cabin light as above.

Prop levers are configured as suggested in the manual but sometimes going in to detent and go forward again does not function and therefore no feathering mode can be enabled.

You guys have same issues or some suggestions?

Thanks and have a good flight!

Dave

Dear Dave,

Thank you for this detailed insight.

Regarding the animation of the buttons, it is indded the current state of the simulator.
Lots of buttons and controls are interfacable but som of them visually don't move.
The underlaying function is however functionning.

As for the lights and the prop, please check these two post : 

Thank you very much for your reply.

Even with strobe light set as per guide the issue persist. I am talking about switch no. 29 and 30 on Alpha Yoke. Tried also with switch on Bravo Throttle no.  40 and 41 and does not work.

At least the issue with throttle feathering is now solved! Thanks for this.

I have the same issue with the strobe light. Switch in VC doesn't move and stobe doesn.t light if switch on Alpha is set up as per instructions..

If I click the switch with my mouse, the switch moves and the strobe works.

I wouldn't expect any help from Aerosoft on this.  Their attitude is go buy a 3rd party software to make their product work correctly.  I still cant get the altitude knob to work in the CRJ.  Every other knob works but their answer is not our problem.  Don't hold your breath for a solution.  

I have my strobes set per instructions with the Honeycomb Alpha, and it does not activate or deactivate the strobes.  Also, the animation for the NAV light(position light) is reversed.

• 1 month later...

I have an Alpha too and cant turn on the twin otters DC Master.

The battery switch will provide power and not animate the moving of the DC Master Switch. (as you previously state earlier in this post)

HOWEVER. I cannot start the engines unless I go and manually flip this switch with my mouse. 

With this switch moved to the on position the battery switch on my Alpha does absolutely nothing. Power will remain on even if i switch it to off. (All I hear is a pump engaging when I turn the power off via the Alpha)

The ONLY way to turn the power off is to manually switch the DC Master Switch with my mouse.

EDIT: Testing was done mid flight. Turned power off and could not start engines without power switch in the down position. Works as bizarly intended on ground.

Edit 2: On double checking: Didnt start up as ran out of fuel in tip tanks. So only concern is flipping the switch manually to ON will prevent the off switch from working on the Alpha.

• 2 weeks later...

I too am having trouble getting my Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo rocker switches to work with the Twin Otter. I have the lights and pitot heat working, but I've all but given up on anything else. I've tried to set the rocker switches up in stock MSFS's control configuration pages and by using Spad.next, all without success.

@SimWare Could you maybe do a tutorial on how to set up some of the other things that users might want to set up, similar to the other tutorials that exist here in this subforum?

Specifically:

Fuel Boost Pump Switches

Generator Switches

Bus Tie Switch

External/Battery Switch (Off and Battery, only)

DC Master Switch

Auto Feather

Yaw Damper

Maybe also how to configure the magneto switch on the Honeycomb Alpha to control the left and right starter?

Any help would be appreciated! I have yet to fly the aircraft because I've spent so much time trying to get the controls all set up...

• Aerosoft

Hi BenKorek,

Several buttons and functions are not(yet?) accessible via external hardware.
The fuel pump are not for sure, as the other one too maybe.
This is on my research-and-tutorial list however indeed.

In the meantime, attached are the Twin Otter Lvars extracted from AxisAndOhs.

You can dig into them and make some experiments (just as I will)

Best regards.

Please login to display this image.

On 3/25/2022 at 7:04 AM, BenKorek2021 said:

Fuel Boost Pump Switches

Generator Switches

Bus Tie Switch

External/Battery Switch (Off and Battery, only)

DC Master Switch

Auto Feather

Yaw Damper

Auto feather and Yaw damper can be controlled by normal k-events. Some of the others can be reached by lvars. In some instances the switch will only be moved by a Bvar (see other threads on Bvar mapping). 
This issue has been taken forth several times by spad users. The similar program Axis and Ohs can access the Bvars through ‘hooks’.

This feature is lacking as far as I understand in Spad, and I think you Spad users should take this up with the developer. As MSFS planes increasingly use Bvars it is becoming a key feature in setting up external hardware.

Archived