Doll's Eyes Indicator

The Dolls eyes are the two black squares on each side of the Torque Gauges.

Right now the Inertial seperators are not implementet in the MSFS2020 version.

But see the explanation here for the Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended (FSX/P3D):

The inertial seperator consist of an inlet deflector plate in conjunction with an exit duct door that can be moved with a pneumatical actuator.The exit duct door opens when the delfector extends.

When the deflextor is extended the air will be deflected towards a a fine mesh screen at the upswept end of the inlet duct. While the air can pass the mesh, debris and ice will be deflected out of the exit duct door togehter with some of the inelt air.

With the deflector plate retracted and the exit duct door closed all air will be lead to the intake.

Thats why the engine will produce less power with the deflectorplate extended.

To extend/retract the inertial seperator the switch must be held until the pneumatic actuator has fully moved the plate and the "Dollseyes" in the main panel will indicate "Blank" or "EXT" (Two square items on each side of the torque gauges). The Dollseyes are alo pneumatical.

They are called Dollseyes cause they open/closes in the same way as Dolls eyes.

I think I have seen photos where bothe the text RET and EXT are used (RET instead of Blank).

Just now, jake-m190 said:

This was not made to work and only relates to intake deflectors which to the best of my knowledge we did not include  

I understand it does not work currently, and I believe that was also mentioned in the manual, but I didn't want to assume that meant they wouldn't present in the visual model, functional or not. And I had no idea what they looked like or what to look for :) 

They are definetly mentioned in the manual to be functional and to be aktivated/retracted by the relevant switch in the overhead panel!

So when will this be implemented? Its an important functionality for ice and bush flying, I used it very much in the FSX/P3D

To those who want to see the dollseyes

This is with the intake deflector retracted:

Please login to display this image.

And with intake deflector extended:

1 hour ago, Burky said:

They are definetly mentioned in the manual to be functional and to be aktivated/retracted by the relevant switch in the overhead panel!

So when will this be implemented? Its an important functionality for ice and bush flying, I used it very much in the FSX/P3D

Do not quote me on this, but I think I remember Mathijs Kok mentioning somewhere they do intend to implement this, but they wanted to think about it some more. 

37 minutes ago, Recreation said:

To those who want to see the dollseyes

This is with the intake deflector retracted:

And with intake deflector extended:

Oh I seeeeeee! Thanks for that!!

They simply turn on or off with a slight delay (Pneumatic actuated- needs Bleedair On and Engines running) when the Inertial Seperator switch is turned on or off

Archived