Lvar/ variable list of twin otter for AAO - external hardware

• Aerosoft

Hi,

As for the landing lights, you don't  need AAO.

The standard MSFS assignments work well.

Please check this tutorial: 

On 3/27/2022 at 5:57 PM, matchrocket said:

(L:AAO_TWOTTER_WING, number) (B:LIGHTING_WING_1, number) != if{ (L:AAO_TWOTTER_WING, number) (>B:LIGHTING_WING_1_Set) } 

Your syntax seems ok, but the Wing light is not the same as landing light. It’s part of the de-ice system to inspect the wing for icing at night. The switch is next to the prop de-icer etc.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Also, don't forget to include spaces where there are needed.

They appear as dots "." in AAO.

If missing, the script won't work.

On 3/27/2022 at 11:42 AM, SimWare said:

Hi,

As for the landing lights, you don't  need AAO.

The standard MSFS assignments work well.

Please check this tutorial: 

I use SPAD for everything, less drama between updates.  This was user error on my part.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

has anybody got the bvar for bleed air left and right? 
im using spad next and am trying lvar to bvar mapping in the dhc6_interior.xml 
worked well with the stby fuel pumps, but cant find out the variable for bleed air

for anyone interested I managed it myself this morning I added following lines of code to the DHC6_interior.xml and binded the lvar command to it via spad.next

for bleed air:
(L:ASDHC6_BLEED_AIR_R_SET, Number) s0 0 > if{ l0 1 - (>B:PASSENGER_IE_BLEED_AIR_RIGHT_Set) 0 (>L:ASDHC6_BLEED_AIR_R_SET) }

(L:ASDHC6_BLEED_AIR_L_SET, Number) s0 0 > if{ l0 1 - (>B:PASSENGER_IE_BLEED_AIR_LEFT_Set) 0 (>L:ASDHC6_BLEED_AIR_L_SET) }'

for standby fuel pumps:
(L:ASDHC6_STBY_FUELBOOST_FWD_SET, Number) s0 0 > if{ l0 1 - (>B:FUEL_IE_STBY_FUELBOOST_FWD_Set) 0 (>L:ASDHC6_STBY_FUELBOOST_FWD) }
(L:ASDHC6_STBY_FUELBOOST_AFT_SET, Number) s0 0 > if{ l0 1 - (>B:FUEL_IE_STBY_FUELBOOST_AFT_Set) 0 (>L:ASDHC6_STBY_FUELBOOST_AFT) }

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Aerosoft
6 hours ago, 42LGK said:

for anyone interested I managed it myself this morning I added following lines of code to the DHC6_interior.xml and binded the lvar command to it via spad.next

Hi,

Well done.

Thanks for sharing experience.

Have a great day.

• 1 month later...

I am not successful in finding the script to Set the altitude with a dial.. The "standard Autopilot altitude increments and decrements" variables dont work with AAO, which is weird because a stock Logitech multipanel works for the altitude dial.. Any ideas? 

If you mean the KAP140 autopilot it should use the default commands. If you want better control of the KAP140 there is a mod at github.

If you are thinking of the "Set altitude" indicator above the altimeter then it's pretty simple.

The "Set altitude" simply reflects: (A:AUTOPILOT·ALTITUDE·LOCK·VAR,·Feet)

So, if you want to set it to e.g. 3500 the script would be:

3500·(>A:AUTOPILOT·ALTITUDE·LOCK·VAR,·Feet)

If you want to increase it by 100 feet it would look like this in Axis and Ohs:

(A:AUTOPILOT·ALTITUDE·LOCK·VAR,·Feet)·100·+·(>A:AUTOPILOT·ALTITUDE·LOCK·VAR,·Feet)

Decrease 100 feet

(A:AUTOPILOT·ALTITUDE·LOCK·VAR,·Feet)·100·-·(>A:AUTOPILOT·ALTITUDE·LOCK·VAR,·Feet)

I hope this is useful.

Happy landings

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Thanks UnsealedKarma.

As you said indeed, the AP uses standard commands.

As the standard Logitech drivers also do, my question to FluingPaul1980 was if he uses

the standard drivers for his panel.

Best regards.