Great aircraft despite release state

So overall I am happy with the Twin Otter by Aerosoft. I flew 1 hr of continues formation online as a way to test flyability (in VR - Quest 2). It worked great. The view from the cockpit is great, the handling and stability is great. The cockpit instruments are clear enough to see what is going on. Of course a Quest 2 is not going to give you clear reading on instruments but flyable. Great framerates.

Of course many items need to be fixed. The way I look at it: Aerosoft could have let us wait longer for this product to release, but now we may already use it. All the basics are in place (the sound issues, admittedly, are a bit painful) and you can get used to it already and await some fixes in the (near?) future.

But with this release philosophy, good communication is vital: admit all the flaws publicly and simply announce the effort to work on the fixes. (not new features, only fixes).

Buying this product in an unfinished state is so much more joyful when getting actual feedback on the matters. 

This forum is great, as it shows that Aerosoft seems to work on issues. But it is too much hidden from the public. As a buyer of an unfinished product I would appreciate a mailing list or "Update" forum section to see what is being worked on. 

In fact, I wouldn't mind if there was no interior in the initial release and I could fly the plane without interior, knowing the interior is still being worked on and available in the future. Same for livery or other features. 

Thanks Aerosoft, for this MSFS version, and keep up the good work. 

On 21.1.2022 at 03:26, teeloo sagte:

I would appreciate a mailing list or "Update" forum section to see what is being worked on. 

Second that. Until then it’s guessing only.  In this case a bug/feature list being worked on like MS provides weekly would help and prevent  some from venting over and over again

On 1/21/2022 at 2:26 AM, teeloo said:

I would appreciate a mailing list or "Update" forum section to see what is being worked on.

4 hours ago, LH4371 said:

Second that. Until then it’s guessing only.  In this case a bug/feature list being worked on like MS provides weekly would help and prevent  some from venting over and over again

That would be a step in the right direction and should be implemented for all addons.

• Aerosoft
On 1/23/2022 at 8:28 AM, Chicobello said:

I agree it's very stable. Almost too stable, like I never feel turbulence in this thing. Is it supposed to be that stable?

As far as the advisory pilots tell us it should be correct. High wing, and really designed to be as stable as possible.

On 1/23/2022 at 1:28 AM, Chicobello said:

I agree it's very stable. Almost too stable, like I never feel turbulence in this thing. Is it supposed to be that stable?

I flew it into the Antarctica scenery tonight and it bounced me all over the place over the mountains. Definitely some turbulence there. 

14 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As far as the advisory pilots tell us it should be correct. High wing, and really designed to be as stable as possible.

I must say that in flight the plane feels very close to the real thing, it is in fact very stable. What does seem a little too flimsy is the nose wheel steering on the ground. The angle of movement is great but the sensitivity of it makes the plane feel too light.

Archived