I've reported an issues about the CRJ not correctly displayed the TOD countdown, but this time I captures more screenshots to show all of the different FMS pages so show I'm doing everything correctly (I think). I created the flight plan route manually (no import) and added an RNAV approach. There are no discontinuities in the route, and the TOD circle is shown on the map and waypoint page. 

However the normal TOD timer and countdown that is supposed to be there, per the manual, never shows up and there is no PATH or VNAV access. If some kind folks could take a look at the screenshots and let me know if they see a reason why this would be happening. Cheers!

Please login to display this image.

18 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

okay did you press the VNAV button on the FCP? That is the only way for me to get PATH on the FMA

hi, you don't need to press vnav to get the TOD countdown timer. it should just be there a long way back before the TOD. this is what should appear on the MFD

The countdown timer. As you can see in my FMS screenshots there is a TOD marker on the map, but no TOD timer

I've tried:

1) manually entering an altitude constraint

2) getting rid of all discontinuities 

3) ensuring coupled vnav is active

4) filling out all PERF data

5) cruise altitude set

6) programmed an RNAV approach

7) ensuring the TOD is shown on the map and MFD pages

However I can never get the TOD countdown timer in the MFD to appear. 

Screenshot showing my manually entered hard altitude constraint, TOD circle, and no TOD timer like there should be

The sim knows exactly how far and when the TOD will arrive, as shown on this page. Still, there's no TOD timer on the MFD

I really want to figure this out because I've got everything else down pat. I can fly the WT CJ4 VNAV perfectly, and it's pretty similar to this. Let's figure this out!

On the PERF page, is Advisory VNAV switched on? I don't know why it wouldn't be but just something to check that I didn't see in your posts and screenshots.

21 minutes ago, CRJay said:

On the PERF page, is Advisory VNAV switched on? I don't know why it wouldn't be but just something to check that I didn't see in your posts and screenshots.

yep

TOD time is messed up anyways, you'll see that even if it shows up it's often wrong and doesn't match the TOD indicated in the DATA screen. ETA values are also wrong etc

2 hours ago, eag_a said:

TOD time is messed up anyways, you'll see that even if it shows up it's often wrong and doesn't match the TOD indicated in the DATA screen. ETA values are also wrong etc

wait really?

I just loaded a began a new flight with a new origin/destination and am having the same issue yet again. The TOD green circle is appearing on the map so the flight computer does indeed know exactly where and when the TOD is but still for some reason won't show it on the MFD like it's supposed to 😵

UPDATE: so the mystery continues. during this flight I did the exact setup and config as many other flights, except this time the TOD counter appeared. so strange

Archived