Twin otter elevator trim axis reversed

Hello,

my trim axis is reversed compared to all planes.

The same bug was introduced in SU5 for a lot of planes when they changed the trim behavior.

It was then fixed for all the asobo's models and after that by the other plane developpers.

(but there are still a few ones unmodified with reverse axis like ju52)

I hope you can fix that

Other than that, the Twin otter is fantastic !

Step to reproduce :

- assign trim to an axis (I've tried on 2 joysticks, an old saitek, x52pro, and on custom arduino build)

- try trim on any asobo plane and set it up to correct direction

- try trim on twin otter : it will be reversed

Yes, sure, but we can't always have the exact periperal setup for each plane in the sim.

Like a lot of users, I don't have separate prop and condition levers for example. That should not forbide me to use the plane or have to use a lever in the opposite direction.

And all the other planes with +/- buttons for trim inputs have working axis trim inputs too (in the correct direction)

by the way, if you use the cockpit trim wheel input, next to the seat, and scroll to nose DOWN, the trim is moving nose UP. The controls are inverted here.

• Aerosoft
36 minutes ago, bagolu said:

Yes, sure, but we can't always have the exact periperal setup for each plane in the sim.

Like a lot of users, I don't have separate prop and condition levers for example. That should not forbide me to use the plane or have to use a lever in the opposite direction.

And all the other planes with +/- buttons for trim inputs have working axis trim inputs too (in the correct direction)

Hi,

The trim axis seems inverted indeed.
I will check with the developpers.
In the meantime, I suggets you use the Profile-specific capability of t MSFS to build a Twin Otter specific profile inluding 

the axis reverse.
As many other controls and switches need to be set to accomodate that type of aircraft anyway, it 
should be quite easy.
But I will check anyway.

Best regards.

• Aerosoft
16 minutes ago, bagolu said:

by the way, if you use the cockpit trim wheel input, next to the seat, and scroll to nose DOWN, the trim is moving nose UP. The controls are inverted here.

Do you mean the trim wheel and the mouse wheel are inverted ?
(mouse wheel DOWN -> trim wheel UP?)

Thanks for the update !

I would say The mouse wheel and the mouse drag work the opposite way of what's expected.

But I was not refering to that : if you make the 3D model of the trim wheel rotate in the "nose down direction" (to the front) the trim tab indicator right next to it rotates in the back direction

This can also be checked with the trim indicator in the external view and the simconnect value.

Everything is fixed with the update :

Trim from an axis in the correct direction (same as other planes)

Trim "natural" move with the mouse (same as the mouse wheel)

and all of them apply the trim in the expected direction !

Thanks for the super-quick fix ! ;)

Archived