Wind sound overdone!

• Aerosoft

Do you have personal experience with that? 

I have been there being strapped to a guy who I hoped that know when to pull the cord, but if you have any other source to show we are wrong I would be happy to discuss it with the people who work on sounds.

The issue is for when the plane is cold and dark and wind is turned off. In that situation opening the back door (one with steps) it sounds like a hurricane. I can understand that would be a cool effect to add in the skydiving version while flying but for the others on the ground it is definitely excessive. 

And a final side note: You are really not doing yourself any favors in public relations when you continue to deflect criticism by asking people if they have experience with the plane. Also saying youtubers gave good comments on sound is just blatant lying. They all criticized the sound and said it would be fixed. Now the first review I saw of the release version has once again brought up all the issues.

43 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Do you have personal experience with that? 

I have been there being strapped to a guy who I hoped that know when to pull the cord, but if you have any other source to show we are wrong I would be happy to discuss it with the people who work on sounds.

Look. Ambience sound can be good, but less is more. Its strange when its sounding like a storm outside from inside the aircraft and if you move the view outside, its silent.

Just to help out in bug fixing, and maybe why you thought it wasn't an issue. It seems to only occur for me when using a weather preset. So in Live weather it is a great level, but outside of live weather it is blasting, no matter what the wind level is set to it seems. Hope that helps in replicating it and finding a solution. Cheers

4 hours ago, Maty743 said:

Just to help out in bug fixing, and maybe why you thought it wasn't an issue. It seems to only occur for me when using a weather preset. So in Live weather it is a great level, but outside of live weather it is blasting, no matter what the wind level is set to it seems. Hope that helps in replicating it and finding a solution. Cheers

Any idea what was the surface wind recorded at the airport? I had two diff sounds both with live weather, one at a international airport beside the sea it had the same loud wind recorded surface wind was only 5 knots. Another i was in jungle stolport all i hear is jungle wildlife without the loud wind noises hen the doors are open but i had forgotten to check the surface wind of that place. Am not sure if surface wind had some relation to the ambient outside sound. 

14 hours ago, Maty743 said:

The issue is for when the plane is cold and dark and wind is turned off. In that situation opening the back door (one with steps) it sounds like a hurricane. I can understand that would be a cool effect to add in the skydiving version while flying but for the others on the ground it is definitely excessive. 

And a final side note: You are really not doing yourself any favors in public relations when you continue to deflect criticism by asking people if they have experience with the plane. Also saying youtubers gave good comments on sound is just blatant lying. They all criticized the sound and said it would be fixed. Now the first review I saw of the release version has once again brought up all the issues.

confirmed. when on the ground, back door open, there is a storm in the plane

Archived