Fuel cost questions

Here are some easy ones, I hope.

1. On the Costs tab, there is an entry for "Fuel Price MPM." What does MPM stand for?

2. How are "Delay from" and "Delay to" intended to be used? I certainly understand the concept of factoring in cost for delays, but I'm not sure what is meant here by "from" and "to."

3. I entered values for all the cost-related data that I could find within PFPX. Then I looked up all the cost-related variables for an OFP, and here's what I get (with the names of the variables):

DELAYCOST:       0
FLIGHT HOUR COST:  359179
FUEL BURN COST:    558814
PAX COST:     0
ROUTE COST:     0
TOTAL COST:     917993
WEAR AND TEAR COST: 0
BLOCK HOUR COST:     0

I think understand FlightHourCost, FuelBurnCost, and TotalCost. But can anyone shed light on the other variables, and why they might be at 0?

Thanks.

(Edited to add question #3)

(Edited again, now I understand DelayCost, so you can disregard that.)

1) MPM = departure IATA code

2) Delay From adds costs when departing later than scheduled eg STD 1800 with ETD 1830 would add a 30min percentage of your assigned delay costing, just what the calculation is I'm not sure on as it won't be 30min. I would think Delay To would start adding costs where arrival time exceeds the ETA such as string headwinds etc.

Aha! Delay "from" is time after your scheduled departure time, and delay "to" is time after your scheduled arrival time. That makes sense.

Stephen, thanks for your help. I edited my original post to add another question. If you have a moment, could you please take a look at Question 3 above?

Thanks again.

These fields do not appear to be active for the OFP or may be constructed in a different format

PAX COST:    = total cost divided by pax numbers
ROUTE COST:     the cost based on figures from the route charges entries
WEAR AND TEAR COST: possibly a defined figure in an aircraft performance file not defined in PFPX
BLOCK HOUR COST:     probably the cost per hour of the planned route.

Sorry Will, the Delay From/To indicates at what point in the delay charges start, so 1800 STD with 1830 ETD charges would start after 15min with Delay From 15min entry

Archived