Well, I'm happy with my purchase

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, Mahendra Sulistyo said:

I bought the the twin otter from MSFS market place, and love how it performs. However I found my ADF panel is off and I have no idea on how to turn it on, couldn't find it in the manual either. Is it a bug or did  I miss something?

It can be related to an issue that is found and being resolved: you need to turn on the dimmers of the lights:

so disappointed:

During my last IRL flight with a TO (to Lukla) the canvas of my passenger seat collapsed, crashing me to the cabin floor - tried it here with ^9-view and its not modelled, so sad.

Plus the APQ-115 TF-Radar of some important TOs is missing as well, its mean-time-between-failures was appr. 9 hours (analogue 70ies)- so you can't hide behind that one-in-a-million-event-money-back scheme!

Just kiddin!

Its a great product - after you have ironed out the teething problems. Don' listen to them rivet-counters badmouthing it all over the places, please stay with your pilot- (and not system-) centric philosophy and the €35 sweet-spot (see Milviz PC-6). 

My future suggestions: Beaver, Caribou, Expeditor, Catalina. And above all a Herky C-130 (this even @ €70...)

tally-ho Rothera !

MJ

PS. fast forward to your bean-counters: your new One-App didn't accept my CC (error message), had to order it the old CC way thru your homepage.

For what its worth I am really enjoying it thus far, if for no other reason than my VA was able to replace the Beechcraft 99's I has(ironically a year to the day after buying that lovely... aeroplane.. Somewhat shocked that it seems to have had mixed reviews thus far....Really is a joy to hand fly and maybe I'm old school but you give me a 160 page manual and I'm going to be happy!!!!  

Right Mouse is killing electrical again after the last update. I checked and unmapped everything assigned to all the mouse buttons and it's still shutting everything down while R Mouse is held.

Unmapping worked the first time... Anything I'm missing?

Please login to display this image.

On 1/28/2022 at 2:33 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

It really needs to be an assignment issue, the add-on simply can't talk directly to the right mouse button. 

I've got some time to dig into it today - will see what I can work out... thx!

edit:  after a couple restarts - it sorted itself out - no other changes to config.   IDK  ;)

On 20/1/2022 at 16:30, abennett said:

Ci sono così tanti difetti con questa Twin Otter.

È una disgrazia che ci siano incredibili sviluppatori di freeware là fuori, che danno il loro tempo libero creando meravigliose mod per velivoli esistenti e nuovi velivoli. E poi ci sono giganti del settore come Aerosoft che non possono nemmeno produrre un pilota automatico funzionante, hanno suoni che non sono solo accesi e spenti, hanno una ruota di assetto visibilmente in movimento, hanno una radio ADF che può essere accesa, hanno un HSI in grado di tracciare un VOR, avere sci che si muovono su e giù quando muovi la maniglia… ecc ecc…

"All that is not there, doesn't break".
For the rest ... I think that with only 35 euros I have 13 variants of an amazing plane with which I can have fun around the world, over time the required corrections will come and, why not, probably also some function that is now missing.
In my case it's love at first sight: seen... tried... liked... and purchased. Thank you Aerosoft.

3 hours ago, Eric Bakker said:

Glad to hear it works again correctly. Did you restart your pc or MSFS?

Just MSFS - sat down to troubleshoot today and it worked fine ;)

now if I can just figure out the high rate of CTDs when loading flights with the otter...

edit: after rebooting, R Mouse issue is back, on the exact same mouse profile that worked before. Will try restarting the sim after this flight. 

• 2 weeks later...

the R Mouse issue ^ fixed itself after a day and has been ok for the last week or so. Now it's back after the last update. I figure it will go away again after a reboot or two - but when I switch to Control Options to check mappings, while it's loading, Default appears to be selected for Mouse, but after it's loaded the profiles - my custom profile is shown  ( but all other profiles are correctly set from the beginning )  - is there any chance something is trying to force default Mouse profile somehow?  Tertiary Action seems to be the problem setting. Default has it mapped to R Mouse. My custom profile has it totally unmapped. 

Also - I'm sure it's been mentioned elsewhere - but baseline sound volume for the Twin Otter is 2x louder ( not exaggerating at all ) than any other plane in the game - any time I switch to fly it, I have to lower my master volume for the game by 50%. I know turboprops are really loud, but.... ;)   

• Aerosoft
On 2/11/2022 at 10:46 PM, ravenn22 said:

Also - I'm sure it's been mentioned elsewhere - but baseline sound volume for the Twin Otter is 2x louder ( not exaggerating at all ) than any other plane in the game - any time I switch to fly it, I have to lower my master volume for the game by 50%. I know turboprops are really loud,

But you probably have no other aircraft without any sound dampening and props so close to you cockpit in the sim.  It's an unpressurized cockpit (so basically open to the environment) with doors that 3 mm aluminium. Use the headphone mode as that makes it far more realistic.  No pilot flies the Twin Otter without a seriou set of cans.

8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But you probably have no other aircraft without any sound dampening and props so close to you cockpit in the sim.  It's an unpressurized cockpit (so basically open to the environment) with doors that 3 mm aluminium. Use the headphone mode as that makes it far more realistic.  No pilot flies the Twin Otter without a seriou set of cans.

oh, i don't doubt it  ;) - I've flown a Skymaster IRL and you are the sound insulation between the 2 engines :P     Flew Hueys in the Army and we'd never go up without earplugs + headsets.

My comment is on the user experience in game - I'm forced to open the volume mixer and adjust settings everytime I switch to or from the Twin Otter... or my g/f will hurt me.
It's not a huge deal, but 1-2 extra steps that really aren't needed IMO.

Cheers!

btw - the R click issue seems to resolve itself after forcing a cycle on the mouse presets, then reloading the game. weird that it happens in the first place, though...

Archived