Trim knobs and indicators

Both trim knobs and their associated indicators do not move when I use my hardware to adjust trim. The 'trim in motion' light illuminates and the aircraft responds accordingly but there animations in the cockpit do not work. They do work if you manipulate them with the mouse, however.

Also, I know it's been mentioned elsewhere, but I'd be remiss if I also didn't mention the engine sound transitions. I don't mind the volume - it's a tin can with two engines right next to it, of course it's loud. I just can't live with the harsh non existent transitions in the entire power range from start up to take off though.

There are a few other issues already mentioned here but besides those, it's a beauty to fly. The engine simulation through out the flight regiment is very nice indeed. It's very satisfying to see the engine instruments doing exactly what they are supposed to in response to my power and propeller inputs!

Another thing I found regarding the trim knobs.. turn the slowly notch by notch with the mouse wheel. Each notch will generate a sound.

Now do it quickly. The same sound will play at the start of each new notch, but the sound of the notch of even notches before still hasn't ended playing.

You you have the same sound overlapping and being played at multiple instances when trimming fast. It just sounds rediculous.

• Aerosoft
3 hours ago, MatzeH84 said:

Another thing I found regarding the trim knobs.. turn the slowly notch by notch with the mouse wheel. Each notch will generate a sound.

Now do it quickly. The same sound will play at the start of each new notch, but the sound of the notch of even notches before still hasn't ended playing.

You you have the same sound overlapping and being played at multiple instances when trimming fast. It just sounds rediculous.

The simulator has no option to avoid a thing like that. There is no way to say a sound should not be played if it is already playing.

• Aerosoft
11 hours ago, IGrant said:

Both trim knobs and their associated indicators do not move when I use my hardware to adjust trim. The 'trim in motion' light illuminates and the aircraft responds accordingly but there animations in the cockpit do not work. They do work if you manipulate them with the mouse, however.

We will look into that.

• Aerosoft
13 hours ago, IGrant said:

Hi IGrant,

Indeed, the hardware correctly controls the trims surfaces but does not animate the control wheels.
This is how the addon currently works.
Bottom line is that the hardware correctly trims the aircraft.

Best regards.

35 minutes ago, SimWare said:

Hi IGrant,

Indeed, the hardware correctly controls the trims surfaces but does not animate the control wheels.
This is how the addon currently works.
Bottom line is that the hardware correctly trims the aircraft.

Best regards.

Thank you.

Archived