Autopilot Very Poor

abennett

The autopilot is very poor, it is pot luck whether it engages ALT mode at the selected altitude, if it does, it is then pot luck whether it actually holds at this altitude. When is VS mode it hardly ever follows the selected VS, trying to descend at it is just not doing it. Even freeware aircraft can do this. It is so disappointing. Coupled with the sounds, it's a very poor release. No idea how this stuff gets through any kind of quality control.

21 minutes ago, rootLucus said:

I suggest reading the manual, autopilot is working fine when properly used. 

Simply not true. I know how to work an autopilot, I’ve been doing it for 20 years.

1 hour ago, abennett said:

Simply not true. I know how to work an autopilot, I’ve been doing it for 20 years.

Make sure that you use the K140 on the lower right. I know some Twotter RL pilots who also gripe about the autopilot. 

it's no the Twotter's fault as it's using the asobo kap140 AP and it has issues with control authority, especially VS. this AP is in some other addons too and they have same issues. make sure you change power settings very gradually when changing AP settings. it doesn't like abrust power increases or decreases. once you learn its quirks you can work around it. hope this helps!

In my experience the autopilot in VS mode will blow through your selected altitude even at a modest rate of climb. However, in a couple of minutes it does settle back down to the correct level.

Well well well, turns out it is not Asobo's issue with the autopilot, but rather Aerosoft's inability to make proper cfg files. A few changes to a cfg and the AP works perfectly... I'll wait for the apologies but I doubt they will come.

28 minutes ago, abennett said:

Well well well, turns out it is not Asobo's issue with the autopilot, but rather Aerosoft's inability to make proper cfg files. A few changes to a cfg and the AP works perfectly... I'll wait for the apologies but I doubt they will come.

Why did you say so?

Archived