Undock GNS530 screen to be used in RealSimGear

Hi!

Thanks for bringing out a marvelous new product! Enjoying it already!

One question:  I have the RealSimGear hardware for GNS530. For this it is necessary to undock the screen in MSFS. When pressing (right) AL+ENTER normally this screen can be undocked to drag it into the RealSimGear monitor.

In the Twotter the function ALT+ENTER is apparently not activated.

How to solve this?

Thijs

• Upvote 2

Just now, Joe Markowski said:

That's always what's worked for me.  Have you done it before with other aircraft or is this your first time?

I'll check it out myself on the a Twin Otter in a bit.

Yep every other aircraft does the trick. Only this unfortunately not (yet)....

7 minutes ago, SimWare said:

Indeed, the instruments are not undockable in the Twin Otter.

Best regards.

Will this be part of one of the updates? It is a joy to fly with external hardware and the GNS530.

• Upvote 4

I also support this. I cannot use it with the touch screens and air manager because of this. This whole thing is a mess for me from the hardware controlling side :(

• Aerosoft

Keep in mind we designed this project to be compatible with external stores, Marketplace and Xbox. If something would prevent that we will be highly hesitant to add it. We simply need to know the potential of all platforms and we decided to use this project for that and we mentioned that since day one. So if something is not available on Xbox it means we are splitting the product and that is a major decision. 

It is incredibly hard to understand the percentage of users between PC and Xbox, but everything we known indicates it is at this moment at least 50/50. So doing anything that would make a release on Xbox hard is a decision that costs more then a few buckets of money.

On 20.1.2022 at 10:46, Mathijs Kok sagte:

We'll consider that.

This does not sound too encouraging, as it is a basic functionality of even the Asobo planes. As a matter of fact this seems to be the only one not being capable of it. Neither third party nor first party planes are blocking it.

• Like 6

Unfortunately it's not in the release notes of the coming update tomorrow but let's hope it will be in Indeed. Why remove a basic functionality of Asobo?

And, of course, in advance thanks for the fast first update!  Really appreciated

• Like 1

Really hope this gets fixed soon. I was excited for the product and this is really dissapointing. Guess I'll check back after the update and until then back to the Kodiak we go.  

• Like 2

On 1/21/2022 at 1:51 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Keep in mind we designed this project to be compatible with external stores, Marketplace and Xbox. If something would prevent that we will be highly hesitant to add it. We simply need to know the potential of all platforms and we decided to use this project for that and we mentioned that since day one. So if something is not available on Xbox it means we are splitting the product and that is a major decision. 

It is incredibly hard to understand the percentage of users between PC and Xbox, but everything we known indicates it is at this moment at least 50/50. So doing anything that would make a release on Xbox hard is a decision that costs more then a few buckets of money.

However, on other aircraft with GNS530, which are presented in the Marketplace, it works perfectly. Also note that you have a default GNS530.

• Upvote 1

Yep me too,  PC  and I'd bought a RSG GNS530 specifically for the Twin Otter. That was after buying a GNS430 for use with a DC-6 some months ago. I've had such a good experience with the DC-6 / GNS430  I wanted more.

So it was quite disappointing to jump in the Twotter on day 1, try to pop-out the screen and it simply not work - this is supposed to be a high end addon, in many ways it is but when default behavior of default Asobo instruments fails and adds to other disappointments eg the state of play for re-painters (the other half of my hobby) then I'm not a happy camper.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since the default aircraft do have this pop-out feature I assume they don't have to have two versions? I might be missing something here, but if that is a non - issue, could we get some priority on this. This is the only thing holding me back from flying this plane.. 

57 minutes ago, Magnus Lorvik said:

Since the default aircraft do have this pop-out feature I assume they don't have to have two versions? I might be missing something here, but if that is a non - issue, could we get some priority on this. This is the only thing holding me back from flying this plane.. 

It's fixed in the next version.

Please login to display this image.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1