Descent Autopilot

dresoccer4

Hello. I'm having trouble with the descent autopilot. As you can see in the screenshot, I have a -300fpm descent activated in the autopilot however it is dropping me down to over -2000fpm. I've tried this multiple times and getting the same result. Is this the standard KAP140 autopilot that is in other planes? If so I've also had issues with descent that as well (example: BN-2 Vertical Speed Autopilot - Third Party Addon Discussion / Aircraft - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums ). 

Please login to display this image.

Try to keep the speed between 120-140 kts.

Seems the Asobo KAP140 has problems when flying too fast or too slow.

The same, just opposit, happens when climbing in VS mode. Once You get beyond 140, climb rate starts to increase above the VS setting.

Just now, Finn said:

Try to keep the speed between 120-140 kts.

Seems the Asobo KAP140 has problems when flying too fast or too slow.

The same, just opposit, happens when climbing in VS mode. Once You get beyond 140, climb rate starts to increase above the VS setting.

ok so it is the asbobo autopilot. from my experiments in other planes, it seems unable to provide enough elevator trim authority for some reason when you decrease power. 

I was able to keep the Twotter lower than 120kts by keeping her in altitude hold until I was around 100kts and then slowly decreasing the VS fpm. It seemed to work decent enough then. The problem seems to be exacerbated by lowering your power setting while it's already in a descent mode and it won't compensate.

These are just my observations.

2 minutes ago, dresoccer4 said:

ok so it is the asbobo autopilot. from my experiments in other planes, it seems unable to provide enough elevator trim authority for some reason when you decrease power. 

I was able to keep the Twotter lower than 120kts by keeping her in altitude hold until I was around 100kts and then slowly decreasing the VS fpm. It seemed to work decent enough then. The problem seems to be exacerbated by lowering your power setting while it's already in a descent mode and it won't compensate.

These are just my observations.

Yeah I also asume that the Asobo KAP140 has problems with having enough Elevator authority.

15 hours ago, Finn said:

Yeah I also asume that the Asobo KAP140 has problems with having enough Elevator authority.

It's notable that other developers have been able to overcome this limitation (or chosen to use a different default AP that might work better)

Archived