Autopilot Altitude Mode

abennett

6 hours ago, metzgergva said:

Many Twotter do not have an AP on board and I think it is much more fun to fly the plane without. Just my 2 cents...

sure, it is fun to fly by hand...most of the time. the issues come in with the longer flights when you have stuff to do in the real world. Like if you're doing a ferry flight to Rothera station ;) .
I like to hand fly my flights up to cruise, then enable AP while I go do laundry/dishes/dinner/etc. While also usually increasing sim speed a few notches. Then by bedtime she's already close to her destination and I can resume manual flying down to the field for a perfectly timed landing. Best night's sleep you've ever had after one of those flights!

1 hour ago, dresoccer4 said:

sure, it is fun to fly by hand...most of the time. the issues come in with the longer flights when you have stuff to do in the real world. Like if you're doing a ferry flight to Rothera station ;) .
I like to hand fly my flights up to cruise, then enable AP while I go do laundry/dishes/dinner/etc. While also usually increasing sim speed a few notches. Then by bedtime she's already close to her destination and I can resume manual flying down to the field for a perfectly timed landing. Best night's sleep you've ever had after one of those flights!

second this. love handflying the twin otter out of mountains or whatever, but for coyote flights on skypark for example, having AP there so you can go do something else or not tire yourself out with handflying 300nm is great

13 hours ago, metzgergva said:

Many Twotter do not have an AP on board and I think it is much more fun to fly the plane without. Just my 2 cents...

How many of these Twotters fly single-pilot-IFR?. In how many of those the single pilot interfaces with (almost) all of the switches using a mouse. In how many of these this single pilot operates a half-baked GNS GPS... Can you find at least a single real-world Twotter whose pilot is in this situation?

Archived