HSI doesn't show radials in FROM mode

Calypte

Cross Deviation Indicator on HSI (both HSIs) flips from one side of the scale to the other when selecting radials in FROM mode. TO works correctly (indicator shows deviation from selected radial).

How to replicate:

1. Find a nearby VOR, tune NAV radio, switch CDI to VLOC.

2. Turn CRS knob to find direction to the VOR. It will be ok with proper deviation when set to something close to the current radial or its reciprocal.

3. Turn CRS so that the pointer points in a reciprocal direction (turn it 180 degree around). The needle will flip from far right to far left of the scale (or the other way around).

Confirmed. As far as I could tell on the short flight I used VOR navigation, the aircraft will actually follow the selected outbound radial in NAV mode. However with full CDI deflection on an outbound radial, hand-flying it is extremely difficult, if not impossible.

Edit: I confirm autopilot will follow the outbound radial just fine. It's just the positioning of the CDI that's an issue.

Seriously I cant believe after so many months and presumably after passing by the hands of testers and developers, this slipped through......  Looks that they released a product with 0 hours of flying by the testers.... it's not a minor system... its THE main navigational instrument for this aicraft FFS!

19 minutes ago, REC1980 said:

Seriously I cant believe after so many months and presumably after passing by the hands of testers and developers, this slipped through......  Looks that they released a product with 0 hours of flying by the testers.... it's not a minor system... its THE main navigational instrument for this aicraft FFS!

It's probably a feature...

3 hours ago, REC1980 said:

It was noticed and mentioned by a number of the tester/streamers over the past couple of weeks. Will likely be fixed in v1.1.

4 hours ago, John2 said:

It was noticed and mentioned by a number of the tester/streamers over the past couple of weeks. Will likely be fixed in v1.1.

Quite unethical from Aerosoft, knowing this bug is present and still release it..... straight knowing their product is unfinished with pending work....

1 hour ago, REC1980 said:

Quite unethical from Aerosoft, knowing this bug is present and still release it..... straight knowing their product is unfinished with pending work....

Oh please. Have you ever seen an add on released that doesn’t have bugs? Almost every plane released for X-Plane or MSFS has an update within the first two weeks. And I would call this a very minor bug.

John.

21 minutes ago, John2 said:

Oh please. Have you ever seen an add on released that doesn’t have bugs? Almost every plane released for X-Plane or MSFS has an update within the first two weeks. And I would call this a very minor bug.

John.

Haven’t even seen a real plane without bugs 😉

1 hour ago, John2 said:

John.

Bugs are acceptable.... but with ridiculous and so evident flaws?..... totally wrong!!!! 

Archived