AP Can't hold alt below about 115kt IAS

Matchstick

This is a problem I've seen before with the KAP140 in the BN2 Islander - basically below 100-115kts the AP can't control the nose and keep it level.

It's like the AP lacks enough control authority to stay up.

Very likely related to the issue is that the AP also appears to be incapable of following an ILS glideslope diving down below it at about 1-2000fps (I haven't bothered trying an RNAV approach as if ILS isn't working I wouldn't expect that to)

• Aerosoft

As explained in other topics we decided to stay with the default AP in the sim. That one is has some issues at this moment, but we pretty sure it will be updated. 

But.... as our advisory pilots told us, the AP in the real Twin Otters also has issues and most of the time the fly approaches manually. More then one said he would be happy to remove all together.  If the average flight is so short as it is these days in Twin Otters you might as well fly it manually.

I will send the comments to the Microsoft forums however.

16 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As explained in other topics we decided to stay with the default AP in the sim. That one is has some issues at this moment, but we pretty sure it will be updated. 

But.... as our advisory pilots told us, the AP in the real Twin Otters also has issues and most of the time the fly approaches manually. More then one said he would be happy to remove all together.  If the average flight is so short as it is these days in Twin Otters you might as well fly it manually.

I will send the comments to the Microsoft forums however.

There are a lot of other planes using the KAP 140 that already handle both of these situations just fine - is there any indication what they are doing differently ?

Archived