Piper Service Packs..

Bobpr

I can't find them. The update list doesn't list the Piper Cheyenne FSX as a choice for updates. I can download the FSX again as my link is valid until December 08. Does the current download from Aerosoft include all service packs? Thanks in advance.

Bob..

Hello Bob,

I believe the file should be the latest..

But if you cant see the Piper Cheyenne X in the drop down menu you may need to delete all offline content and refresh your browser if you purchased it from www.aerosoft.com if you purchased it elsewhere then you need to register it before access is granted to the product updates.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Bob,

I believe the file should be the latest..

But if you cant see the Piper Cheyenne X in the drop down menu you may need to delete all offline content and refresh your browser if you purchased it from www.aerosoft.com if you purchased it elsewhere then you need to register it before access is granted to the product updates.

Hi, Shaun:

Just got through loading the Cheyenne onto this new machine and I'm having problems generating any sound whatsoever. I looked at the sound.cfg's and they point to the proper folders where there ARE sound files. I know it's not the machine itself because every other aircraft has all the normal sounds.

Any ideas on what I might do to troubleshoot and fix this?

Thanks,

Bart

Hello Bart,

Do the sounds in the folder play okay in Windows Media Player.

This is really weird!

First off, the files play fine in Windows Media Player, so no problem there. However, when the plane loads -- no sound at all. Then, with the plane still loaded, I check out how some of the sound files play in Windows Media Player again, and voila!, NOTHING!

Do you suppose it's a problem with one of the gauge dlls or in the way the product was installed? I could do a remove and reinstall and see if that works. What do you think?

Bart

Well, this is very discouraging. I've tried everything.... 2 reinstalls, moving the sound files to the root aircraft type folder so there's no middleman in the file path, reset the sound card and speakers a number of times It's still the only aircraft in the hangar that does not play its sound files correctly, if at all.

Sure would like some help if anyone's heard or seen anything like this happening before.

Well, this is very discouraging. I've tried everything.... 2 reinstalls, moving the sound files to the root aircraft type folder so there's no middleman in the file path, reset the sound card and speakers a number of times It's still the only aircraft in the hangar that does not play its sound files correctly, if at all.

Sure would like some help if anyone's heard or seen anything like this happening before.

Have you tried deleting the FSX.cfg file and loading the aircraft? You'll need to re-set all of your graphics and traffic settings, but that might clear the problem up. You can just re-name the file or move it somewhere else, and the effect should be the same, since FSX will re-build the missing file from scratch when it restarts.

I don't own the Cheyenne, but here are a couple more tips that might help.

When you uninstall the aircraft, are you using an uninstaller? If you are, you might try uninstalling the Cheyenne, and then go into the FSX folder and make sure there isn't part of the aircraft still sitting around somewhere. Finally, when you first loaded the Cheyenne, I presume FSX gave you the "what do you want to do with these gauges?" popups. Did you maybe not tell FSX to use one of the gauges somehow?

Have you tried deleting the FSX.cfg file and loading the aircraft? You'll need to re-set all of your graphics and traffic settings, but that might clear the problem up. You can just re-name the file or move it somewhere else, and the effect should be the same, since FSX will re-build the missing file from scratch when it restarts.

I don't own the Cheyenne, but here are a couple more tips that might help.

When you uninstall the aircraft, are you using an uninstaller? If you are, you might try uninstalling the Cheyenne, and then go into the FSX folder and make sure there isn't part of the aircraft still sitting around somewhere. Finally, when you first loaded the Cheyenne, I presume FSX gave you the "what do you want to do with these gauges?" popups. Did you maybe not tell FSX to use one of the gauges somehow?

Thanks, azflyboy. Good ideas, and I'll try them tonight. I did make sure all the files were out of the folders, but as you mention the gauge check upon a new install...this DID NOT happen after removing and reinstalling the first time. So maybe trashing the fsx.cfg will work.....

I'll report back....