One suggested tweak

KentV

I love absolutely EVERYTHING about the Twotter so far. 

However, to force people to slew through the cabin in order to open the boarding door is killing me (I am not an expert at slewing through the cabin-- in fact I have been unsuccessful so far, in making it happen).  Could you please consider using a currently non-functional switch or key command to give us the capability to toggle the airstair?

Thanks!

Kent

48 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Damn, even I did not know that one. Thanks!

My apologies it's actually CTRL+9 lol.

CTRL+0 is the view from the pilot's seat to the right (co-pilot's seat and window).

One other tweak which may be of interest is how to adjust the tip tank levels on the fuel page in the sim using the main fuel level slider:

In the FLIGHT_MODEL.CFG, scroll down to the [FUEL] section and change:-

fuel_tank_priority = LeftTip-RightTip,Center1-Center2

To:-

fuel_tank_priority = LeftTip-RightTip-Center1-Center2

In other words, change the comma after RightTip to a dash. All tanks can now be adjusted with the main fuel slider.

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Keep in mind that tweak only works copies bought outside the marketplace. The Marketplace encrypts the files.

Which is why I don't buy in the marketplace. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2022 at 9:28 AM, taw1962 said:

My apologies it's actually CTRL+9 lol.

Bummer...still doesn't work.  Hopefully they'll incorporate a switch somewhere to do it-- like they did with the two baggage doors.

Kent

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, KentV said:

Bummer...still doesn't work.  Hopefully they'll incorporate a switch somewhere to do it-- like they did with the two baggage doors.

That is very strange. The 'instrument-views' are by default in MSFS mapped on the keyboard as Ctrl-1 through Ctrl-0. In the Twin Otter Ctrl-9 moves you to the back of the aircraft. Do they the other Ctrl-<number> work and give you different viewpoints on in the cockpit?

Slewing is not difficult to try as well: use the Arrow-keys for up-down-left-right, and the Alt-up-Arrow and Alt-down-Arrow are forward and backward. Mind you: if you are in the pilot seat you first have to slew right, so you can go through the cockpit door when slewing backwards ;)

2 hours ago, Eric Bakker said:

That is very strange. The 'instrument-views' are by default in MSFS mapped on the keyboard as Ctrl-1 through Ctrl-10. In the Twin Otter Ctrl-9 moves you to the back of the aircraft. Do they the other Ctrl-<number> work and give you different viewpoints on in the cockpit?

Slewing is not difficult to try as well: use the Arrow-keys for up-down-left-right, and the Alt-up-Arrow and Alt-down-Arrow are forward and backward. Mind you: if you are in the pilot seat you first have to slew right, so you can go through the cockpit door when slewing backwards ;)

Yeah....NONE of that works for me, unfortunately.

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But Kent.... that simply works for all of us. I suggest you reset your complete assignments. We are 100% sure it will work as with all others.

Yeah...not going to do that...I managed to get the interior cameras working like they did in P3D (vs the AWFUL, AWFUL MSFS default), and I'm not willing to screw that up for a single airplane.

• Deputy Sheriffs
9 hours ago, KentV said:

Yeah...not going to do that...I managed to get the interior cameras working like they did in P3D (vs the AWFUL, AWFUL MSFS default), and I'm not willing to screw that up for a single airplane.

You can make easily different keyboard mappings/profiles and save them with a different name. So maybe you are willing to make a dedicated Twin Otter keyboard setting. Actually, choosing the 'default' keyboard settings (in cotntroller options menu) will already give you these default 'instruments views'.

There is also another option. You can make Custom Views easily by slewing to a position and store it. This works with the Alt-<number>. Do you know how to do this? 

Archived