First impressions and a few issues

Hello!

First of all congratulations with the release of the long awaited Twin Otter. Just came back from a friends house and had a few quick test flights. 

My discoveries after a few quick flights:

1.  "tic tic tic" sound when starting the engines is missing
  2.  when increasing or decreasing torque you should be able to hear it in real life like in other turboprops for MSFS (this is not quite correct in the Twin Otter)
  3.  beta range seems off or not properly implemented (Asobo issue I guess)
  4.  once beta range is properly implemented we need a way to set up beta range on our controllers like you can in X-plane (I guess Asobo needs to add this functionality)
  5.  ITT is way off (also a well known Asobo issue) both during startup and for normal operations in flight
  6.  when reducing torque, the prop rpm decreases in flight (pretty sure this shouldn't happen. Correct me if I'm wrong)
  7.  when going from lower rpm to max rpm before landing, the prop rpm is not increasing until you add power (the increased drag due to finer pitch seems to be there)
  8.  windshield wipers will not remove water when it's raining (Asobo issue again?)

I will definitely purchase this airplane myself after some of the issues have been addressed. 

Afterall a great product that will only become better with a few patches and minor improvements. Glad I had the opportunity for a little quick test. For a 30 euros airplane this is a pretty good deal folks! Highly recommended if you like short flights and STOL operations.

4 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As you say, most of these issues are simply not in our control at this moment. 

Yes, except for no. 1, 2 and possibly no 6 and 7. Maybe you could comment on them? At least no 1 and 2 should be possible to fix. 

Archived