Mixture Lever Problem with FSUIPC (SOLVED)

Just made the first flight from Helgoland to Norderney, feels good!

The only thing that doesn't work are the mixture control levers on my honeycomb Bravo.

I use FSUIPC because it's more flexible and every plane loads with its specific controls automatically. So I first thought it would be a FSUIPC issue. But then I instead set the mixture controls in MSFS itself like explained here .Still no success.  It's not a Honeycomb problem, as the levers worked in the CJ4 before (no mixture control of course...)  and in the MSFS Control window the bars move when I move the levers.

It's not such a big thing because you only use them at the start and after landing but the mouse-clickpoints are a bit fiddly...

• Aerosoft

Hi,

Do you mean the levers don't move in the simulator ?

Can you send a screenshot of your assignments ?

Can you also make sure that the axes sensitivity is linear and reactivity to 100% ?

Please also check that the assistance setting is set to TRUE TO LIFE and that no other device has axes assigned to mixture or fuel control. 

Best regards.

vor 46 Minuten, SimWare sagte:

Hi,

Do you mean the levers don't move in the simulator ?

Can you send a screenshot of your assignments ?

Can you also make sure that the axes sensitivity is linear and reactivity to 100% ?

Please also check that the assistance setting is set to TRUE TO LIFE and that no other device has axes assigned to mixture or fuel control. 

Best regards.

Hi !

1. No, they don't move and so don't work at all.

2. here are the controls, in FSUIPC deactivated of course !

Please login to display this image.

3. I can set axis sensivity and reactivity in MSFS ?? Where ?

4. Of course my setting is TRUE TO LIFE !  And I checked that no other device has assigned mixture or fuel control.

vor 38 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Keep in mind the Twin Otter does not have mixture levels, they are fuel cut off switches, so they have to be linked to those.  Check the manual on what all the levers do, it is explained in some detail.

Exactly that was my thought when I still tried with FSUIPC. I set the the button (normally used for Reversers) of the Honeycomb lever to  "Set Fuel Valve Eng1  held:0  relesed:1" but that didn't work either.

Now I tried this in MSFS:

"Toggle Engine # Fuel Valve"   without succes

"Set Engine # Fuel Valve"         without succes

Can someone clarify which command is assigned to this levers ?   In this posting https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/169524-basic-honeycomb-bravo-throttle-controls-with-the-msfs-aerosoft-twin-otter/  it is done with the mixture axis.

• Aerosoft

Dear Sir,

As in the tutorial it works with MIXTURE x AXIS (-100 to 100%)
Please see the video hereunder showing the full process as well as how to setup sensitivities.
If this still doesn't work, please remove the FSUIPC folder and restart the simulator.
There have been cases where FSUIPC was still interfering with the sim eventough there were no more 

assignments in the user interface.

Are there any alternatives to using the mixture axis? I'm using the Thrustmaster TCA and don't have an axis to spare. It tried assigning buttons to SET MIXTURE 1 RICH and SET MIXTURE LEAN 1, but that doesn't seem to work. I'm a bit surprised that the FUEL VALVE inputs aren't used instead since it just seems to be an on/off input.

• Aerosoft

Hi GreatScott,

Yes, you can asign contacts (buttons) to CONDITION LEVER 1 CUT OFF and CONDITION LEVER 2 CUT OFF :

Best regards.

I have the TCA and I can assign the engine buttons to Set Engine # Fuel Valve and it works but the levers don't animate. Also I have engine start on tne white start knob left and right. Would like to see animated fuel levers 

• Aerosoft
4 minutes ago, Borgillios said:

I have the TCA and I can assign the engine buttons to Set Engine # Fuel Valve and it works but the levers don't animate. Also I have engine start on tne white start knob left and right. Would like to see animated fuel levers 

Hi,

If you  assign CONDITION LEVER 1 CUT OFF and CONDITION LEVER 2 CUT OFF, you have fuel

levers animation.

Best regards.

• Aerosoft

No, indeed.
If you want to open the fuel valves, you need to assign SET CONDITION LEVER x to other buttons.
This is why I suggest to use the MIXTURE AXIS instead.

This would be the full buttons assignments for the cutoffs :

I found if I use the button press for SET CONDITION LEVER 1 and the button release for CONDITION LEVER 1 CUT OFF then it works as expected with the engine switch on the TCA (button 3 for engine 1, button 4 for engine 2).

• Aerosoft
Just now, GreatScot369 said:

I found if I use the button press for SET CONDITION LEVEL 1 and the button release for CONDITION LEVEL 1 CUT OFF then it works as expected with the engine switch on the TCA (button 3 for engine 1, button 4 for engine 2).

Good job indeed.
The use of the ON RELEASE function is a cool idea.

Has anyone been able to get the fuel cutoff (mixture levers) to work with axes and ohs and the Bravo Quadrant?  Been trying most of the evening and no luck for me.

Richard Rowe

• Aerosoft

Hi Rick,

You want to assign axes in AAO instead of in the simulator ?

I would rather do it directly in the sim.

AAO is a utility used when standard in-sim method isn't possible.

Best regards.

Mixture Axis finally works with the MSFS Configuration Panel. I manually erased all "Mixture" entries in the FSUIPC.cfg.

The buttons setting with condition lever set and cutoff doesn't work for me, I think it interferes with other settings I made in FSUIPC. It is rather weird that in the Twin Otter only the Mixture Axis setting with FSUIPC didn't work, I had no problem with this so far, for example the Britten Norman Islander.

At least I can use this workaround now. This weekend I will study the FSUIPC manual, perhaps I can find a solution like the MSFS condition lever button configuration in FSUIPC. 

Thanks everyone for your help !!

vor 7 Stunden , Rick Rowe sagte:

Has anyone been able to get the fuel cutoff (mixture levers) to work with axes and ohs and the Bravo Quadrant?  Been trying most of the evening and no luck for me.

Richard Rowe

I don't know AAO. Does it use Simvars? Perhaps that's the same problem I have with FSUIPC ?

Finally found a solution to use FSUIPC for the Mixture levers !

In my MSFS Configuration I set 4 keys for:

Condition Lever1 Cut Off
Condition Lever1 High Idle
Condition Lever2 Cut Off
Condition Lever2 High Idle

Set Condition Lever didn't work for me.

Then in FSUIPC I assigned the "buttons" of the mixture levers to these 4 keys.  Thanks to @Simware for his advice !!!

This works better than an axis because you can't accidently cut off an engine because there is physical resistance to set Cut Off.

• Aerosoft
2 minutes ago, Otto Groschenbügel said:

Thanks to @Simware for his advice !!!

You are welcome. And thanks to you for sharing information and experience.

On 1/19/2022 at 4:50 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Keep in mind the Twin Otter does not have mixture levels, they are fuel cut off switches, so they have to be linked to those.  Check the manual on what all the levers do, it is explained in some detail.

I think my issue here is the animation of the levers in the cockpit - ie  you move the levers on your throttle and nothing happens until you hit the bottom 10% of range - then the levers abruptly move to off.

It's fine that the behavior is on/off - but it looks like a bug that the lever in game doesn't move 1:1 with your physical mixture/power levers on the hardware. I was trying to troubleshoot this for 30 minutes in settings last night, until I ran across the thread.

My suggestion would be 1:1 matching the animation of the levers in the cockpit with the HW controls, and just nothing happens until the last 10% range or whenever fuel is currently cutoff. I think that would be more intuitive for most people?

Thx!

• Aerosoft
3 hours ago, ravenn22 said:

I think my issue here is the animation of the levers in the cockpit - ie  you move the levers on your throttle and nothing happens until you hit the bottom 10% of range - then the levers abruptly move to off.

It's fine that the behavior is on/off - but it looks like a bug that the lever in game doesn't move 1:1 with your physical mixture/power levers on the hardware. I was trying to troubleshoot this for 30 minutes in settings last night, until I ran across the thread.

My suggestion would be 1:1 matching the animation of the levers in the cockpit with the HW controls, and just nothing happens until the last 10% range or whenever fuel is currently cutoff. I think that would be more intuitive for most people?

Thx!

Hi Raven,

Thanks for this. The actual levers are on-off cutoffs. That is how these are linked to the axis function in MSFS. 

Therefore, there is a threshold in the axis value above wich the cutoff is considered as on and under wich the cuttof is considered as off.

See the cutoffs lever as a simple rocker switch with as very long handle.

However, I will relay this remark to the developers. 

Best regards.

3 hours ago, SimWare said:

Hi Raven,

Thanks for this. The actual levers are on-off cutoffs. That is how these are linked to the axis function in MSFS. 

Therefore, there is a threshold in the axis value above wich the cutoff is considered as on and under wich the cuttof is considered as off.

This of the cutoffs levers as a simple rocker switch with as very long handle.

However, I will relay this remark to the developers. 

Best regards.

fair enough!  I'm clear on the functionality ( on / off switch ) - I'm just suggesting the animation of the lever in the cockpit should match the player's hardware position - even if it's still binary behavior ( on/off - 95% of the range is "on" and the bottom 5% is "cutoff" ) 

I suspect players would see this as a bug ( throttle and prop controls all move 1:1 - but you move your mixture/fuel lever and don't see anything happen until you pull it all the way off )

esp. for players that don't read the manual and are expecting a fuel idle or low setting ;)

thanks for the reply - cheers!

Archived