GTN750 (PMS5)

For what it's worth since this will be a popular question I think, the GTN750 includes a handlebar add-on which allows it to pop out in any aircraft. It's kind of cheating... but just saying ;)

Cheers

• Like 1

The GTN 750 made a world of difference in my Embraer Bandeirante...NG gave the option of using the stock GPS or the 750. It truly makes a big difference in the user experience. Please consider it. I do use the pop out version now but having the unit built in with the much larger screen and user interface is awesome. I hate to say it but I fly it now more than I do the CRJ.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 1/19/2022 at 12:59 PM, AHal said:

For what it's worth since this will be a popular question I think, the GTN750 includes a handlebar add-on which allows it to pop out in any aircraft. It's kind of cheating... but just saying ;)

Cheers

I agree, it feels a bit cheaty, but the other day I read someone saying it helps if you think of it as an external app that you would use on your iPad while flying. Like people use apps like SkyDemon or something. So that's not *that* unrealistic. I thought that was a nice way of thinking about it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Think there is a lot of users who want this. So awkward to use knobs - be it the gtn530 or g1000. Im using gtn750 pop-out window in the Otter now - slightly immersion killer - so +1 for gtn750 integration.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I haven’t tried using GTN750 in a pop-out window mode yet, but I assume it is connected to the 530.

This way at least it could be a quick workaround to the default knobs. 

I will try it later today.

• 2 weeks later...

I will also throw my hat into the GTN750/650 ring, in the Twin Otter, the GNS530/430 combo is a bit farther from the pilot than in the smaller GA planes in MSFS, making at a glance reading the information on the screen difficult. The GTN750 has a somewhat larger screen and is a bit easier to read, and I think it would suit this airplane very well.

Thank you.

• Upvote 3

I suppose it would be indeed very nice to have the 750 aboard, though I suspect that thing might be a bit "too posh" for the kind of places a Twotter will take it into.... 

Still, it'd be a handy tool  for sure, so it gets my vote too.  Even if it'd end up with greasy fingerprints all over that nice shiny touchscreen

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
On 2/12/2022 at 11:03 PM, NoobX said:

No buy for me until no GTN or nay descent GPS inside...

Hi @NoobX,

The GNS530 is modeled in some cockpits of the twinotter. There is a very nice mod available on flightsim.to (same dev as the PMS GTN750) to enable more functionality for it. Maybe you want to check that out?

There's also TDS GNTxi on the market now (Garmin trainer solution). I'd love to see it integrated in the twotter virtual cockpit. While we're talking about avionics, I wish there was a DME not gonna lie x) I'm not a fan of GPS in lieu of DME

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
On 2/19/2022 at 1:13 PM, Sharkitty said:

There's also TDS GNTxi on the market now (Garmin trainer solution). I'd love to see it integrated in the twotter virtual cockpit. While we're talking about avionics, I wish there was a DME not gonna lie x) I'm not a fan of GPS in lieu of DME

The DME is something we are now seriously considering. 

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

This is what Winair's cockpit looks like with the GTN 750 and 650 ( with my beautiful home in the background 🙂). I think the 750 and 650 combo is amazing and allows the cockpit to be modern while keeping the old school flare but with a functional layout.

Please login to display this image.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

On 2/21/2022 at 12:32 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

The DME is something we are now seriously considering. 

Yeah and might want to consider another nav option because the 530 is worthless.

Just make the gps have a clickable screen so modders can integrate the virtual cockpit.  

I'm sure this will take at least one year since you know.....

• 4 weeks later...

@Mathijs Kok Hi Mathijs, I'm wondering how far your considering has come. Since I'm in the market right now for some decent home cockpit and considering my options. I want to have a versatile cockpit for at least three of my favourite aircrafts. Considering my options and budget a GTN750 would offer me the most flexibility with the great PMS50-Mod. A Twotter with a GTN750/650-combination (even as a future option) would be the decisive argument for me to just hit the Buy-Button in the Aerosoft-Store. 😉

So, please shade some light into this thread again and give an indication, if some modern glass in the Twotter cockpit is cleared for landing some time in the future.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Add my name to the list of those wanting the Twin Otter with the GTN 750.  I like the aircraft very much but hate the GNS 530.  Namely because I have to rotate multiple knobs to enter information and navigate the menus.  Very archaic system.

• Upvote 1

On 7/23/2022 at 11:37 PM, jfwharton said:

Add my name to the list of those wanting the Twin Otter with the GTN 750.  I like the aircraft very much but hate the GNS 530.  Namely because I have to rotate multiple knobs to enter information and navigate the menus.  Very archaic system.

Hello guys,

Just remembering that you already can use the GNT750 without a bezel. I's fully funcional. Works fine until the update that will allow change the instruments panel ;)

Please login to display this image.

• 2 weeks later...

Still nothing on the GTN750 integration from Aerosoft :(
Would be flying the lovely Twin Otter so much more if the 750 was an option (and not just a 750 in the 530 screen)

• Upvote 2