Chime button doesn't work

jay jay

Certainly not a major issue but it doesn't seem the "chime" button works, at least on my CRJ.   The only way to get a chime is to toggle the seatbelt switch.   Like I said, not a massive problem but it seems like it would be pretty easy to correct.

I'm not sure how other operators utilize it, but thats SOP for my carrier. We don't use the CHIME or EMER buttons- we use the seatbelt switch for both. I would assume the carrier/model that Aerosoft modeled from does the same.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 1/20/2022 at 11:48 AM, Raptor05121 said:

I'm not sure how other operators utilize it, but thats SOP for my carrier. We don't use the CHIME or EMER buttons- we use the seatbelt switch for both. I would assume the carrier/model that Aerosoft modeled from does the same.

But if you press the Chime button...you still hear a "ding", right? Even if it's not part of the SOP?

Or are airlines disconnecting that button from providing any signal?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Chime still doesn't seem to work. While on the low priority list, it would be cool.

Also, I don't hear a chime when Seat Beat sign is turned on. Curious if it's me though, maybe they fixed it in the newest version.

23 hours ago, Rob Verdon said:

Chime still doesn't seem to work. While on the low priority list, it would be cool.

Also, I don't hear a chime when Seat Beat sign is turned on. Curious if it's me though, maybe they fixed it in the newest version.

Chime button on the center pedestal should give a high-lo chime in the cabin, but in the flight deck can be near impossible to hear.

The seat belt sign switch should give a single hi chime, but again it's really only audible in the cabin on the 700/900 and it can be very hard to hear up front during flight. 

For comparison, the chimes are audible in the flight deck on the 200.

I'm not sure if that nuance is being intentionally simulated.

3 hours ago, Robert Klein said:

Chime button on the center pedestal should give a high-lo chime in the cabin, but in the flight deck can be near impossible to hear.

The seat belt sign switch should give a single hi chime, but again it's really only audible in the cabin on the 700/900 and it can be very hard to hear up front during flight. 

For comparison, the chimes are audible in the flight deck on the 200.

I'm not sure if that nuance is being intentionally simulated.

If intentional, it’s not done very well. If it can barely be heard in flight, it should most definitely be audible on the ground where it’s much quieter. And even then, the other chimes from the seatbelt and no-smoking signs are clearly audible; I imagine it’s the same speakers in the cabin emitting the chime with the same intensity.

The chime button used to work fairly well for the first version of the MSFS CRJ up to like v1.0.1.0? Then it stopped working and was apparently logged as a bug by Aerosoft.