Paint Kit

Eagerly expecting it as well !

I've had a quick look at the texture files, and though I can only commend you for keeping the fuselage textures down to just three, I have rarely seen such a mess of warping and stretching. The -300 Cargo Tundra gave me anxiety. Hoping the paintkit can help make more sense of this pixel soup.

On a brighter note, the default liveries look absolutely stunning !

7 hours ago, Ferradini said:

A little into topic but out of it too. Where can I find the Winair livery shown in the promotional video? Sorry, I didn't wanted to open a new topic just for that question.

At least it is soon available here: https://flightsim.to/request/livery/9898/aerosoft-dhc-6-twin-otter-winair

Unfortunately the quality suffers though as the painted areas typically look flat and lose out on Ambient Occlusion and other detail elements not provided by decals. There are ways around this but it is extra effort and the results can be mixed. The Paintkit should allow them to 'finish' their liveries.

On 1/20/2022 at 12:05 PM, fluteessex said:

Looks like a few designers are making liveries already. Not sure how they have done it without the paint kit though :D

Yes, I don't now how they did with the mask of engines, exhausts etc...

Even a blank white livery would be a good start, just the 3 main base files for fuselage, tail and wing. Would still prefer separate layers for ambient occlusion, metalwork and weathering - even without the uv map for the time being.

Looking forward to what can be delivered as you will obviously know how popular this release is. 

• Aerosoft
3 minutes ago, Donka said:

Even a blank white livery would be a good start, just the 3 main base files for fuselage, tail and wing. Would still prefer separate layers for ambient occlusion, metalwork and weathering - even without the uv map for the time being.

Looking forward to what can be delivered as you will obviously know how popular this release is. 

yes... 

Workaround for all the unpatiently waiting painters out there:

The essential texture mapping (fuselage, wings, nacelles and empennage) of the MSFS Twotter is basically the same as for the FSX Extended version. That's why I already have converted most of my former FSX repaints to the current version. It's a decent way to get rid of the current appearance which seems a little too "slick" in my eyes - I just love to feel all those rather rough rivets holding this lovely plane together...

Cheers,

Markus.

Archived