How the heck did you people found out it was online?

• Aerosoft

We normally release around 14:00 local time so we tried to surprise you this time. But to our amazement we saw the first sales seconds (literarily) after releasing. How the hell did you find it so fast?

Not that we are complaining btw.... servers here are running a what administrators like to call a 'brisk pace'.

• Like 7

Just now, Mathijs Kok said:

We normally release around 14:00 local time so we tried to surprise you this time. But to our amazement we saw the first sales seconds (literarily) after releasing. How the hell did you find it so fast?

Not that we are complaining btw.... servers here are running a what administrators like to call a 'brisk pace'.

In the official MSFS Discord there were people refreshing the page like every few seconds 😂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Errm. Aerosoft One pitched it to me. I was just logging in and was looking for the product page as i had seen it up already with the release date. However, when i did that it said available. So... why delay any further? :D

Btw. did you folks receive a beer delivery at the office today?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Popped up on facebook, along with a comment 2 mins after you posted it asking about the xbox release 😄 😄 😄 

Just luck being on your forum and checking if there were any news on the Twin Otter - Congrates to the team!!! Great plane!!! Love it already after a short trip! And I was surprised to see it appeared on the Marketplace already as well!!!

• Thanks 1

• Aerosoft
1 minute ago, Gstove said:

On the market place it’s still “PC only” Is it due to come to Xbox today also or is it going to be at a later date? 

The only thing I can say is that has been designed for Xbox, but when Microsoft can release it for Xbox is not in our hands.

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The only thing I can say is that has been designed for Xbox, but when Microsoft can release it for Xbox is not in our hands.

Thanks Mathijs must be frustrating sometimes trying to predict when Microsoft will do some of the releases! Looking forwards to simple traffic on the Xbox also. I think that will be VERY popular on the console as we’re obviously limited to marketplace only. 

• Developer
Just now, Gstove said:

Thanks Mathijs must be frustrating sometimes trying to predict when Microsoft will do some of the releases! Looking forwards to simple traffic on the Xbox also. I think that will be VERY popular on the console as we’re obviously limited to marketplace only. 

No need to blame Microsoft here. We were aware of the issue before release and we know that it's being worked on. Xbox will follow as soon as technically possible.

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

No need to blame Microsoft here. We were aware of the issue before release and we know that it's being worked on. Xbox will follow as soon as technically possible.

Apologies, I wasn’t blaming anyone, just saying I imagine it must be frustrating sometimes not knowing when releases will reach the marketplace. Other developers have expressed that view and it’s frustrating for us (usually Xbox customers) who are waiting without knowing whether it’s going to be a day, 7 days or 7 weeks for something to arrive to the marketplace. 

Anyway it looks awesome and I look forwards to seeing it.

4 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We are very grateful to Microsoft they gave this release preferential treatment. That was just super nice of them.

Indeed, shows how good your products are. 

News of the twin otter release is all over the forums and discord. 

• Like 1

vor 1 hour , Marius Ellenbürger sagte:

and we wonder for 30 minutes who ordered beer at Aerosoft.
So the delivery comes from you? :D
6B69E23F-0F3C-41F6-93FC-268008D2A9BE.thumb.jpg.9bd3d1f83f69d31417044b394d324cef.jpg

You didn't specify which beer you would like so I figured I'd go ahead and choose myself. The displayed selection is not what was agreed upon. Don't worry, though. Enjoy!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'd go for the Corona Extra... :P - it's extremely popular these days here in Europe, at least that is what the health departments of our governments try to tell us all the time...   😄 😄 😄 Cheers, guys! I will stay with a glass of good old red grape juice...  😉  

• Aerosoft
17 minutes ago, Jerry Weirdspeed said:

You didn't specify which beer you would like so I figured I'd go ahead and choose myself. The displayed selection is not what was agreed upon. Don't worry, though. Enjoy!

That is such a nice gesture. We got the best customers.

• Upvote 3

vor 2 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Distill Website Monitor (Firefox Addon) on several stores. And JustFlight sent an e-mail at 11:57 CET

Vor 1 Stunde, Hans Hartmann sagte:

Is this similar to the DC-6 Situation, where MS / Asobo needs to bring a Simulator Update to make the Twin Otter work on Xbox or more like its stuck in certification for Xbox still and shouldnt take too long?

I´m just curious, because i didnt get the impression that the Twin Otter was supposed to be released on Xbox later. I was really looking forward to it and this is quite a bummer.

vor 4 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

But to our amazement we saw the first sales seconds (literarily) after releasing. How the hell did you find it so fast?

"Scalpers"! Guys that reported that the ACFT is online, have all RTX3090 cards in the signature :P 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Glad to hear that you are getting the just reward for your labours.

My first Twin Otter was your extended model in FSX, then the RWDesigns substitute of necessity which kept me current when I switched to XPlane.

After my first flight early this morning it was like putting on my old favourite pair of go anywhere hiking boots - I told the wife to take the dog for a long walk while I hooked up some decent speakers for the Twin Otter Sonata by Aerosoft.

Thanks to every one that worked on the team, its truly something to be proud to have in your resume and Mathijis your work on the manual is also awesome - would have to be the best one I've seen in all simulators to date - even has a demo flight Caloundra to Brisbane amazing 🙂. Enjoy your beer - you've deserved it. Cheers Pete

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1