Loganair

LeeEnfieldAS37

10 hours ago, SkyLaneOfficial said:

It's a pity that the limitations of the aircraft decals mean that the textures appear very low resolution, no disrespect to Aerosoft or the skinner, just doesn't give that quality finish as the base skins. 😕

6 hours ago, LeeEnfieldAS37 said:

It's a pity that the limitations of the aircraft decals mean that the textures appear very low resolution, no disrespect to Aerosoft or the skinner, just doesn't give that quality finish as the base skins. 😕

That's why I hesitated downloading that one - the official paintkit has not been released by Aerosoft, so any liveries that are being released now are potentially a bit of a fudge? Maybe? I don't know. I think I'll wait till there is a paintkit, which presumably allows creators to do a better job.

GHIAL is a good effort so far, and a very god job considering the author had to guess his way around the layout, but it has a lot of errors and missing parts still. I'm sure once the official paintkit is out it'll be updated to its full potential.

In the meantime, these retextures  are surprisingly small size compared to other products out there, thanks to there only being three 2048p texture files to cover the entire external surfaces. Definitely worth a try for minimum space usage ;)

• Aerosoft
8 minutes ago, VonBarb said:

In the meantime, these retextures  are surprisingly small size compared to other products out there, thanks to there only being three 2048p texture files to cover the entire external surfaces. Definitely worth a try for minimum space usage

Absolutely needed if you want something to run smooth on an Xbox. Luckily you can now use decals to get razor sharp effects with low res textures.  We did underestimate the time it takes to make the paintkit though, that still needs some serious time (also because it is 14 models and not just one with the CRJ.

21 hours ago, SincereSpeedbird said:

I'm working on G-BVVK, hopefully going to release on flightsim.to tomorrow!

I see it's on there now, great work, it seems better quality than the newer livery on there - I did notice the preview image in the menu was missing however.

55 minutes ago, LeeEnfieldAS37 said:

I see it's on there now, great work, it seems better quality than the newer livery on there - I did notice the preview image in the menu was missing however.

Hi, I've noticed that too. I'm sending a fix now.  : )

57 minutes ago, SincereSpeedbird said:

Hi, I've noticed that too. I'm sending a fix now.  : )

Cool! Thanks. I also notice but not sure if fixable (since this is issue is with all the flightsim.to liveries I've downloaded so far), that the cockpit registration shows the one associated to the original model (H4-FNT), hopefully Aerosoft's paint kit will have something for this?

2 minutes ago, LeeEnfieldAS37 said:

Cool! Thanks. I also notice but not sure if fixable (since this is issue is with all the flightsim.to liveries I've downloaded so far), that the cockpit registration shows the one associated to the original model (H4-FNT), hopefully Aerosoft's paint kit will have something for this?

I'll have a look into it and see if I can change it!

Archived