MSFS 2020 Flight Plan and FMC flight plan

kkuipers

I have been loading SinBrief flight plans into both MSFS and the CRJ FMC.

One so that MSFS ATC will have some idea what I'm doing and will let me file as IFR.

Two so the FMC knows what I'm doing.

Is this ok?

I've noticed issues on approach and was wondering if there is a conflict caused by loading the flight plan into the sim and the FMC.

Thanks.

I do not believe the CRJ officially supports the in-game flight planner or ATC due to it's custom flight plan manager, however, your approach seems sound to try and make the best use of this.

It's worth bearing in mind that the default MSFS ATC is not great at best [in my experience] and I would say it's entirely possible the issues you're having would occur regardless of the aircraft. 

Final note, this is the CRJ club and not a support forum, you may often get your question answered more comprehensively in the official support forum - this forum is not frequented by the devs or support staff, for the future - Aerosoft CRJ - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES

Thanks I didn't really consider this a support issue... More a concept procedure issue.

I know MSFS ATC isn't great, ;) however I'm not ready for prime time (Vatsim or other "live" ATC).

The biggest issues are flight level instructions vs. the FMC especially on approach.

Archived