Assignment problems HC Bravo

Hi everyone

I'm flying the Cessna 172 Skyhawk

I'm having some problems with my bravo throttle quadrant. The first issue is that my anti-ice warning light is always on. Second the autopilot doesdn't work correctly. I select alt - that's fine. If I select hdg - that's fine, in that the heading bug moves, but if i press the hdg button, the hdg bug moves to the present course but the autopilot engages. The same probelm with VS and IAS. If I select VS t it doesn't indicate the speed on the autopilot panel and again engages the AP. If I select IAS the VS light comes on but not the IAS light, and after I select the IAS again it does not indicate anything on the autopilot but engages the AP! In other words a mess! I am not an expereienced flight simmer so apologies if I am missing something here but i would appreciate some guidance.

Thanks

• Aerosoft

Hi Roger and welcome to our forums:

which simulator are you talking about? Anyways, the default profiles that we ship with the Honeycomb download are just a basic approximation and won't work 100% with every aircraft. Thats why there is dedicated profiles for a range of aircraft available in our download section.

53 minutes ago, RogerW said:

Hi everyone

I'm flying the Cessna 172 Skyhawk

I'm having some problems with my bravo throttle quadrant. The first issue is that my anti-ice warning light is always on. Second the autopilot doesdn't work correctly. I select alt - that's fine. If I select hdg - that's fine, in that the heading bug moves, but if i press the hdg button, the hdg bug moves to the present course but the autopilot engages. The same probelm with VS and IAS. If I select VS t it doesn't indicate the speed on the autopilot panel and again engages the AP. If I select IAS the VS light comes on but not the IAS light, and after I select the IAS again it does not indicate anything on the autopilot but engages the AP! In other words a mess! I am not an expereienced flight simmer so apologies if I am missing something here but i would appreciate some guidance.

Thanks

Thanks Benjamin for your post. I am sorry I should have said.

- there are so many! I am using the msfs2020.

I have watched some youtube videos eg Rmag on the bravo throttle quadrant autopilot. He had an issue with the VS switch position which he quickly fixed but otherwise his autopilot worked perfectly. So it’s a mystery why mine is so dysfunctional. Maybe I should try another aircraft and see if the problems remain.

• Aerosoft

Hi Roger,

I have moved your post to the dedicated MSFS hardware section of the forums as you might get more help here. I've also changed the title of your thread to make it reflect the actual issue more.

Regarding the LEDs of the Bravo in MSFS: like I said there is only a very basic profile provided with the currently available software, so it is expected this might not work 100%.

For the functionality of the autopilot buttons themselves you will have to make sure all your controls are setup correctly in the MSFS Controls options. If you get weird behaviour most likely you did not do that.

• BenBaron changed the title to Assignment problems HC Bravo
  • Aerosoft

Hi Roger,
In addition to Benjamin's advice, you may also want to make sure the buttons correctly (electrically) work first.
Please see this procedure here : 

Best regards.

Archived