Can't click autopilot sync buttons

Flyer Ken

I can't click on any of the center buttons on the autopilot panel, that is the course, speed, heading and altitude sync buttons.  When I click on those, nothing happens - there's no visible animation and the button has no effect. I saw a post about this for the CRJ 900, and the reply said to right click first, then left click.  I tried that and it didn't work.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ken

Thanks for your reply. I did read that. I had mouse controls set to legacy. I changed it back to lock, which is the new system.  When I put the mouse over the heading bug, the outer ring turns blue as it should, and I can lock and drag by pressing the left button to move the dial.  But right clicking on the center button doesn't select it - it doesn't turn blue and I can't click it.  I'm wondering if I have  a setting for the right mouse button that is incorrect somewhere, but I can't find anything.

After some more experimentation, I discovered that the middle mouse button click does exactly what the right mouse button is supposed to do.  This works in both lock and legacy mode. I still don't know why the right button doesn't work, but the middle click works well enough that the problem is solved for me.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Good to hear, Ken. Would you like this closed now that you've solved the problem, or left open for help on transferring the middle mouse button to the right button?

Vor 1 Stunde, Flyer Ken sagte:

After some more experimentation, I discovered that the middle mouse button click does exactly what the right mouse button is supposed to do.  This works in both lock and legacy mode. I still don't know why the right button doesn't work, but the middle click works well enough that the problem is solved for me.

This is due to the fact that you have those "Cockpit interaction" maped in a wrong  / other way.

Go under controls and choose the default profile for the mouse. The buttons will be mapped "as they are intended" and a short right then left click of your mouse (over the center buttons) will press it ;)

20 hours ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

This is due to the fact that you have those "Cockpit interaction" maped in a wrong  / other way.

Go under controls and choose the default profile for the mouse. The buttons will be mapped "as they are intended" and a short right then left click of your mouse (over the center buttons) will press it ;)

You're correct.  I reset the mouse settings to default and that did restore the standard behavior.  Thanks everyone who replied to my post, much appreciated!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived