Aerosoft CFG missing information

Muuvie

The Aerosoft CRJ-700 is not compatible with 3rd party economic that utilize the 'atc_model' line of the aircraft configuration file.  The 550 has this and works fine, I do not know about the 900/1000 as I have not tried them yet.  I can not locate the CFG file to make this 3 second edit, I assume I am unable to access this file for some reason.  Can we get a fix for this please?  I bought this model for this specific purpose, and I don't really want to go through the return process.  

Thank you!

Hey @Muuvie, you've posted here in the CRJ Club which is not really for support but I'll try and help you here anyway. Recommend posting on the main CRJ Support forum if you want help in the future.

The atc_model line can be added to the aircraft.cfg. Just open the file in notepad and add it.

Funnily enough I have an older version of the CRJ package on my system and found that this file used to have it on there, it seems the more recent models had this removed for whatever reason. Here is a screenshot anyway if you want to copy:

Please login to display this image.

@BobbyFuzzyThank you for trying to help, you're the first person to respond with a comment other than "Noted."  I have posted in the CRJ support forum and that was the response I received.  Anyways, to respond to your suggestion...the CFG for the CRJ is encrypted and users are unable to make edits.   For the record, this was purchased within the MSFS marketplace.  Rumor has it, at some point (past or present) you could have purchased it through Steam, and at version was unencrypted.  I haven't seen any evidence that it was available on Steam so I was unable to verify this.

20 hours ago, Muuvie said:

the CFG for the CRJ is encrypted

Ah gotcha, your problem then makes more sense. Unfortunately that seems to be an issue specific to the Marketplace version. Hopefully they can adjust this for the future!

Archived