Hello, 

Looks like theres a bug in the heading bug. :)

In the CRJ 1000 and the AP in FMS mode, if I adjust the heading bug the plane changes direction then corrects back to the FMS heading. 

I've attached a short video to demonstrate the problem. 

Butch 

Please login to view this video.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ken staske said:

Looks like NAV was the active mode. For the heading bug to have control, you need to make HDG the active mode.

On your FMA it shows FMS1 as controlling the AC

Thats the complete opposite of the problem - the issue is changing the heading bug affects the a/c in NAV mode ( although it resets itself once you stop playing ).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I mapped the HDG bug to buttons on my controller. The issue is even when in NAV mode it I make changes to the heading bug the AP initially follows the heading bug change. Once you stop moving the heading bug the AP goes back to following the NAV setting. 

I wouldnt mind it so much but the mapping of mouse click spots is so off and making changes so difficult its a PITA to use the mouse. 

I suppose the answer is 'its an internal MS2020 thing' I've already given up... anyway, PMDG 737 is nearly here and I can forget about the CRJ.  

On 4/14/2022 at 10:52 PM, Butch Menchaca said:

I mapped the HDG bug to buttons on my controller. The issue is even when in NAV mode it I make changes to the heading bug the AP initially follows the heading bug change. Once you stop moving the heading bug the AP goes back to following the NAV setting. 

I wouldnt mind it so much but the mapping of mouse click spots is so off and making changes so difficult its a PITA to use the mouse. 

I suppose the answer is 'its an internal MS2020 thing' I've already given up... anyway, PMDG 737 is nearly here and I can forget about the CRJ.  

No the issue is that you are not controlling the AP LVARs.  So what is happening is that you change the Actual Sim HDG setting which under the hood is what the CRJ "drives" the sim ap under the hood in.  So you move the Bug and then the CRJ "jumps" it back to the setting that it is using for the NAV mode.

You need to be controlling the L:VARs not the Sim A:VARS or the K:events which are what the sim default bindings are using.

Archived