[EFB] Influence of runway condition setting on V1 at Flaps 8

KuntaKinte

When comparing runway conditions WET and SNOW for Flaps 8, there is no difference in V1.

For runway condition ICE, where the largest deductions have to be applied, the V1 is even higher than at SNOW/WET.

Curious why the moderators are ignoring these posts?   Seems like a valid issue that at least would warrant some feedback from the AS team.   I find the lack of responses to be disappointing. 

6 hours ago, jay jay said:

Curious why the moderators are ignoring these posts?   Seems like a valid issue that at least would warrant some feedback from the AS team.   I find the lack of responses to be disappointing. 

Given that the Twin Otter released today, I suspect the AS team is quite busy.  I'm optimistic that these bugs will get investigated once the dust settles; however, I guess we'll have to wait and see...

17 hours ago, FlyByWire128 said:

Given that the Twin Otter released today, I suspect the AS team is quite busy.  I'm optimistic that these bugs will get investigated once the dust settles; however, I guess we'll have to wait and see...

From what I've seen, this is a pattern that goes back quite a ways with this particular member.  Don't think it has anything to do with the release of the Twotter.   Most people who post about issues get a response from the team within a day or so at most.    In KK's case, his/her stuff is almost always ignored. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2022 at 6:26 AM, jay jay said:

This assumes that the forum moderators are from the "AS team".  Hermann for example does not work with AS, as far as I know. Maybe a little knowledge would help with your disapointment.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Crabby is right. Moderators are selected by Aerosoft based on their demonstrated helpfulness and knowledge in certain areas. They comment where they can add value to a thread and provide useful information. They don't comment when they don't know the answer. Since most are volunteers and not employees or contractors of Aerosoft, they don't have insight into most corporate decisions or development plans pre-public release.

Speaking for myself, as a type-rated Gulfstream II and III pilot (unfortunately, no one makes one of the critters or I'd be all over it), retired FAA operations inspector, and experienced GA pilot and flight instructor, I confine my comments to those areas. Not having even been in a CRJ jumpseat, I don't comment on most technical aspects of the aircraft, but do comment where I know the answer. The kinds of points frequently surfaced by KuntaKinte would properly be responded to by one of the few moderators typed in the CRJ or on the development team. But then, as with most development teams, whether a certain feature will or will not be implemented/"fixed" is up to marketing to announce or comment on. That's likely not what some users want, but that's how software development usually works.

• Deputy Sheriffs

There's no point in leaving this open. If/when someone from Aerosoft that's authorized to respond to the original observation can, they should be able to do so to a closed post.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived