Simple Traffic Install now leads to MSFS Mandatory Update

gkvarga

I knew I shouldn't have bought a third party addon.  They always mess up Flight Simulator.  Always have in the past and nothing has changed.

Paid for and installed Simple Traffic.  Now I cannot get into MSFS.  I get a MSFS Mandatory Update required.  I press OK, and game exits.  Thanks.  Now I can't use MSFS.

Please login to display this image.

And who tells you Simple Traffic is reponsible for your issues? Did you try what the message states, i.e. update MSFS from the MS Store first?

I have plenty of 3rd party addons and there are very rare cases where one messes up MSFS.

Kind regards, Michael

Because as soon as I installed Simple Traffic I got this error.  Immediately prior to installing I was able to use MSFS with no issues.  

I'm looking for a fix here not a snarky response.  I can deduce what the culprit is, thanks.

I would uninstall Simple Traffic, make the update in MS Store, make the remaining updates in Store/Content manager and try again with Simple Traffic. Today's MSFS update is said to be identical to the former hotfix which a lot of people (including me) had used together with ST.

Although not required, I always rename my /Community folder before an update to see if potential issues are caused by 3rd party addons or the core simulator.

Kind regards, Michael

Thank you for the assistance.  Further digging and googling required me to install the Xbox app and update through there.  It is now working.  Did the update get pushed at the exact time that I made the Simple Traffic install?  Within 30mins?  Weird.

12 minutes ago, gkvarga said:

Thank you for the assistance.  Further digging and googling required me to install the Xbox app and update through there.  It is now working.  Did the update get pushed at the exact time that I made the Simple Traffic install?  Within 30mins?  Weird.

That's what I thought, too. Unprobable, but who knows.

Kind regards, Michael

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived