Export Airports to Google Earth

KeithHodkinson

Hi
This is a brilliant tool in the package. However, I have recently run it (after running makerwys first) and notice that some of my airports are missing on the map. I ran it with the option to include all scenery (not just the ones currently enabled).
I have over 300 airports so it's not easy to work out a pattern to try to establish the ones not showing. However I strongly suspect that it's all the airports that use the xml method rather than scenery.cfg. 

Could you please explain the logic of how this works and if there is anything I can do to fix this?

Hello Peter,

Sorry for jumping in on someone else's post but I have the same problem. Debug pack attached.

In short, I followed the instructions and makerunways ran and created the info which now appears in GE Pro.

But for France there are only 5 airports listed - LFBO, LFML, LFMN, LFPG and LFRS. I own all these airports but I was expecting all the default airports to be listed too. There are several hundred default ones. Does the process import those too?

The reason I want to have all airports available is because Google decided to remove airports from GE Pro and despite writing to them about it they haven't replied.

20220106-12h40m29_SIMstarterNG_DebugPackage.zip

• Developer
vor 2 Stunden , Ray Proudfoot sagte:

Hi Peter, that didn't fix it. It seems only addon airports are exported, not all the default ones.

Right. SIMstarter NG does only show Add-On Airports in Google Earth that are not part of the Default Scenery. Otherwise it would end in showing "a lot" airports in Google Earth.

Your Screenshot comes from Lorby but the SIMstarter Google Earth Export works 100% independent from Lorby and was the first kind of its art.

Sorry about the confusion. What do you think about filtering default airports that have a runway length of 5000ft or greater?

Google Earth used to show a great number of airports until their management decided to remove the feature. All the more bizarre when you consider it has a flight simulator feature! 🙄

Archived