How to change cruise level during flight without confusing the copilot/checklist function?

In my A320 prof in P3D4.5, I experienced several times that I wanted/needed to change the cruise level during flight but the copilot function then lost track of the flight phase: Top of descent indicator disappeared, the copilot (or pilot) did not call out on initiation of descent and no further checklists were activated.

I changed the cruise level by first modifying the cruise level value on the MCDU init page and then adjusting the flight level to the new cruise level on the FCU with Autopilot on. Now I wonder if this procedure is wrong and I need to do it differently so that the copilot/checklist function does not get confused?

I can't say if this is correct but when I'm simulating flying in managed mode,

1. I change the level on the glareshield (FCU),

2. pull to open climb/descent or VS,

3. change the level in the MCDU,

4. Re-engage managed mode.

On 4.1.2022 at 20:29, samwise7 sagte:

I can't say if this is correct but when I'm simulating flying in managed mode,

1. I change the level on the glareshield (FCU),

2. pull to open climb/descent or VS,

3. change the level in the MCDU,

4. Re-engage managed mode.

Hi, thanks for the hint. I just checked when being on cruise level with autopilot on:

- For a climb from cruise level FL300 to FL320 it was indeed sufficient to adjust the FL on the FCU, the MCDU changed the cruise level setting on the Init page to FL320 automatically.

- For a descent from FL320 to FL310, at least for me it did not work when I just changed the FL on the FCU: Instead of adjusting the cruise level setting on the Init page, the MCDU initiated the Descent phase.

So, is the method you apply working for both, climb AND descent?

Archived