Where is the knob for the dome light?

FailureToReport

Heyo, 

I quit flying the CRJ back in Oct after the CRJ900 was delayed, finally came back to fly some bigboi CRJ and now I'm literally losing my mind trying to find the knob for this god forsaken thing. I remember spending days trying to figure it out before, so I figured I'd shortcut and try asking other CRJ pilots this time. 

Please login to display this image.

The dome lamp doesn't have a knob - It's got a switch, which is just to the left of the overhead panel integral lights knob and the stby compass light switch.

4 hours ago, Moach said:

The dome lamp doesn't have a knob - It's got a switch, which is just to the left of the overhead panel integral lights knob and the stby compass light switch.

Bless your soul sweet savior! I seriously spent my entire flight last night looking all over the back of the cockpit thinking there must be something I'm missing or that I was misremembering being able to turn it off. I inevitably end up doing most of my flights at night and having that dome light on was hell. Thank you so much!

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Time to wrap this up. The OP's question was answered and acknowledged. This isn't the place to debate the wisdom of reading the manuals, which even has a common acronym (FTFM). Off-topic sniping was hidden.

• Herman locked this topic
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Mod Edit: I changed your thread title to make it more useful for others looking for how to turn the dome light on and off.

• Herman changed the title to Where is the knob for the dome light?

Archived