AESHELP Run-time error '6': Overflow

I just have installed AES 2.45a(2019) but it doesn't work.

When the installation Wizard shows the last screen (InstallShield Wizard Complete) AESHELP runs but shows that error and closes when pressing ok. No way to make it work.

I have FSX installed on Windows7 64bits.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Asier.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
55 minutes ago, jeck7@mail.ru said:

Exactly the same on FS2004. And does not run in FS2004 (((((((((((((

and which OS are you running?

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 minute ago, wottie92 said:

Was working fine this morning.

Then something significant has changed on your system. And be aware that AES is supported only up to Windows 7

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, a add-on might have a bug, but what not happens, that it works one day but not the other, out of nothing.

So for sure it is a local issue.

When starting AESHelp 2.45a :"Runt time error ´6`: Overflow" Same problem after starting computer (windows 7 pro) this morning. Has it anything  to do with the date: 1st of January 2022? (I´m sure: Besides that there was NO change at all between sessions: 31-12-2021 and 01-01-2022.)

• Deputy Sheriffs

For a simple test just turn the calendar back on your computer to some date last year and then you will see if it works again or not. 

1 hour ago, Reinhard R said:

When starting AESHelp 2.45a :"Runt time error ´6`: Overflow" Same problem after starting computer (windows 7 pro) this morning. Has it anything  to do with the date: 1st of January 2022? (I´m sure: Besides that there was NO change at all between sessions: 31-12-2021 and 01-01-2022.)

Hi Reinhard, I discovered the same problem with myself this afternoon! On New Year's Eve yesterday everything was still okay. I've been finding something to solve the problem all afternoon. Unfortunately without success

17 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

For a simple test just turn the calendar back on your computer to some date last year and then you will see if it works again or not. 

Hi Tom, I'm going crazy! That's the problem. Date set to 12/31/2021 and AES is running again! And now what should you do? Oh yeah happy new year!

• Deputy Sheriffs
17 hours ago, Guzzipower said:

And now what should you do?

For the moment you have a well functioning workaround. 

Work for me also!!! Last night (after year change) I finished a flight that I have left paused last afternoon. Everything seemed fine but I couldn't start the AESHelp to change some settings.

I have reinstalled the AES and some other add-ons just in case like tons of times last night trying to find the issue. Hope there is some patch soon...

Thank you Reinhard! This night I'm sleeping some more! 

Hello everyone and happy new year, this problem just happened to me, well I bring you a solution, the problem occurs because apparently the AES app internally will not support the year 2022 (that is what it seems to me I am not a programmer but I have a bit of knowledge), "it is an error of the app", this is solved by changing the date on our PC, but it is tedious to change the date to a previous one since this can make other apps that we have stop working correctly. To solve this problem, look for this program that allows you to change the date of a specific application, it is free, it is called RunAsDate, in this way we can continue using AES normally and continue with our Date and time of this 2022. Happy start of the year everyone!
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/run_as_date.html

Tutorial YT : 

2 hours ago, CristianAlonso said:

Привет всем и счастливого Нового года, эта проблема только что случилась со мной, я предлагаю вам решение, проблема возникает из-за того, что, по всей видимости, приложение AES внутренне не будет поддерживать 2022 год (это то, что мне кажется, я не программист, но Я немного знаю), «это ошибка приложения», это решается путем изменения даты на нашем ПК, но утомительно менять дату на предыдущую, так как это может сделать другие приложения, которые у нас есть перестают работать правильно. Чтобы решить эту проблему, найдите эту программу, которая позволяет вам изменять дату определенного приложения, она бесплатна, она называется RunAsDate, таким образом мы можем продолжать использовать AES в обычном режиме и продолжать с нашей датой и временем этого 2022 года. Всем счастливого начала года!
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/run_as_date.html

Учебник YT: 

15 часов назад Mopperle сказал:

а на какой ОС вы работаете?

Unfortunately it does not work, but when changing the date in Windows 7 it works. I really hope that the developers will be able to fix this error

• Aerosoft

A new version is now available: http://www.aerosoft2.de/downloads/aes/AS_Airport-Enhancement-Services_V245.zip
Note that some AV software might see this as problematic because it contains code that changes files (duh that is what a configurator does). 

vor 3 Stunden , babara1 sagte:

I have the version 2.35 installed. Can I use this patch file version 2`.45. for that?

Update:

My Version is 2.35 with the same date problem. I had figure out, that the pached version 2.45 dont' work in this case.

The only patch that still work is the run as date app.

Was it possibble to create an uninversial patch or a specific patch for the version 2.35?

Thanks a lot for any answer and work!!! 🙂

On 1/3/2022 at 11:25 AM, wottie92 said:

Thanks for this. I've just installed it, with my AV disabled (just in case). It installs fine, however, when I run it, it comes back with "Run time error 13 mismatch" and does not open. 

error 13 Confirmed!

• Developer

Sorry, could reproduce the Typemismatch 13 error too, it happens, when the Dateformat on the PC is not in the German style (dd.mm.yyyy).

Have send an updated code to Aerosoft, when the installer includes the fix, you will be informed here.

The new Installer is already available, please redownload the zip (maybe you have to refresh your browser cache, as the filename of the zip is the same as before):

http://www.aerosoft2.de/downloads/aes/AS_Airport-Enhancement-Services_V245.zip

The installer inside must show 2.45a (2022.1) as Version and can be installed over any older Version of AES.

Hello Oliver,
Thank you for the super quick clarification! We would also like to take this opportunity to thank Tom and Mathijs! And this mission on New Years Day! Thanks very much!

Archived