P3d V4.5 - No External Lights

A33Pete

Morning, Afternoon, Evening All

As the title suggests, I've run into this issue. 

Sadly I'm not entirely sure as to when it started happening as I don't often use a external view, but I know it is only recently.

Fine one day, not the next. No beacon, no strobes, no nav, the only lights that work are the cabin and tail (Shift + L), other than that we have nothing. 

I've done a fresh install but still no joy. I've seen someone else mentioned this last month but there didn't appear to be a fix.

P3dV4.5

Aerosoft Airbus Pro

Default Liveries

I've checked the Updater too, and both 318/319 and 320/321 are up to date.

Hope everyone enjoyed celebrating this past week, however you chose to. Have a good new year.

Pete

Ive been trawling, and seen mentions of Reallight. Im not running P3d V5, but my reallight, is installed here:

D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Gauges\RealLight

Could this be the issue, and if so, where should i put it?

Thanks in advance

I'm going for the issue being installation folder for truelight to be wrong, but even though I've now moved them to P3dv4 - gauges etc etc, it just remakes the v5 folder and is back there when P3d is started. 

I'm assuming there is a reminisce of P3dv5 lurking somewhere that the installer is finding before it finds the 4.5 path, if that makes sense.

Any clued up people out there know if i can find that anywhere?

Pete

I am assuming its finding something to do with V5, as this is the log on the updater

Only regular updates are available for installation

Prepar3D 5.x (Prepar3D.exe not found!) found: (D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\)
Prepar3D 4.x (4.5.14.34698) found: (D:\P3Dv4\)

I may be barking up the wrong tree here, I'm not that technically savvy when it comes to PC's. 

Just keeping the thread updated, as the more info the more helpful it is I guess

Pete

So. 

I’ve managed to get rid of the V5 path. So no more installing into a random folder as above I assumed that would do it…..but it still hasn’t helped. Lights work of all other aircraft. Just purely the Aerosoft Professional Airbus. 

Uninstalled. Re install. Different installation locations. Dynamic lighting on. All switches assigned correctly. RealLight folders in the Aerosoft folder etc, so it is there, just isn’t showing any lights. As I say, the only thing that changes is the cabin windows on/off, which I assume is the model and not connected to RealLight 

Bizarre as like it say, it’s just seemed to happen overnight. 

Any any pointers would really be handy.

Thanks All 

• 1 month later...

Archived