Left engine will start, right engine won't

Iiari

Hi all,

After going through multiple cold and dark videos, forums, checklists, etc, I can get the left engine started, but the right engine will not start afterwards.  Ideas?  If I click the "ready to taxi" state, both engines start without issues. Thoughts?  Thanks!

4 hours ago, Iiari said:

Hi all,

After going through multiple cold and dark videos, forums, checklists, etc, I can get the left engine started, but the right engine will not start afterwards.  Ideas?  If I click the "ready to taxi" state, both engines start without issues. Thoughts?  Thanks!

probably a button binding issue .. but for future reference probably best to include some screen shots of what the instruments look like when it won't start..

21 minutes ago, LesOReilly said:

probably a button binding issue .. but for future reference probably best to include some screen shots of what the instruments look like when it won't start..

I've read elsewhere it might be a binding issue, but any advice on how I find out which one?  That's a LOT of controls!

I'll include screenshots in the future, but the only error message on my display is low right engine oil pressure, which I presume clears when the engine starts.  All other errors/cautions are cleared.  I'll try it again later and do screenshots if it doesn't work again.  Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

It's usually related to "Mixture." Go to your controller assignments (all of them, even rudder pedals can sometimes be assigned a mixture axis by a sim), chose the "Assigned" filter option partway down the left side of the screen,  and look for anything related to mixture. Delete any you find and see if that helps.

The best solution, though time consuming, is to make a cleared out set of bindings for each controller and called something with CRJ in the name you choose. Only add bindings for necessary axes and buttons, such as but not limited to elevators, throttles, trims, and you'll eliminate this issue. Of course, you'll then need to remember to activate it when you fly the CRJ and chose an appropriate one when flying something else.

On 29.12.2021 at 00:09, Iiari sagte:

I've read elsewhere it might be a binding issue, but any advice on how I find out which one?  That's a LOT of controls!

Well...for starters you can create new empty profiles and see if you can start the ENG. If it starts then you know for sure that the other profile has somethiunk killing it so either you map everything you need in your new profile or search in the old one for engine controls, fuel, mixture, ....etc.

I recently encountered a similar problem when trying to start the engines at KEGE. I could get the right engine to start but not the left. Left started successfully either with the ground cart connected or by doing a cross bleed start. But with just the APU running, no luck.

Works completely fine at other airports. Don't know if it's maybe to do with low outside air temperature or the altitude of the airport?

On 1/4/2022 at 5:05 PM, jhsuosu said:

I recently encountered a similar problem when trying to start the engines at KEGE. I could get the right engine to start but not the left. Left started successfully either with the ground cart connected or by doing a cross bleed start. But with just the APU running, no luck.

Works completely fine at other airports. Don't know if it's maybe to do with low outside air temperature or the altitude of the airport?

I've had this happen on occasion (maybe every 40-50 flights).   Just happened last night.   Normal startup procedure, right engine starts fine.   Left engine starts to spool up, at 20% I open the throttle.   Around 40%, it ceases startup and just spools down.   Next attempt worked fine.  

Archived