Departure Airport Column in Timesheet

You have one line for your total flight.

For the distance, what I do is just to add the distances of each leg inside the cell, e.g. "=128+254+...". 

On the total time it is more tricky, as you cannot add times inside a cell, so I have created 3 columns to the right, where you input the time of your last leg in hh:mm:ss format in the "Flight Time last leg" column. On column "New flight time" you get the new total that you can copy - paste values on your total time column. Make sure you paste only values, or else you will get a copy of the formula.

Flight Time last leg Last Flight time New flight Time

On 1/5/2022 at 8:28 PM, EDNR-Cruiser said:

I am really shocked to see how many people have no idea what a spreadsheet is and still believe they could safely fly an aircraft...   😄 😄 😄

I am surprise that the checklist for this spreadsheet has not been initially provided ;) and that it is a nightmare to find back "one's line" each time as the order is changed almost everytime !!!

Gérard ;) ;) ;)

vor 10 Stunden , gaab sagte:

I am surprise that the checklist for this spreadsheet has not been initially provided ;) and that it is a nightmare to find back "one's line" each time as the order is changed almost everytime !!!

Gérard ;) ;) ;)

Well, you can easily sort it based on your preferences, Names alphabetically, number of legs, distance covered, etc. As this is a public spreadsheet, your sorting will be visibly for all the others as well, everytime. 🙂 You could also use a specific background color, bold text or text color to make you line easier recognizable for you...  😉 

• Thanks 1

vor 1 hour , gaab sagte:

Still no answer about Departure and Current Airport !!!!

I will suppose that (until we get better directives), "Current" should be read "Target" (for the coming flight), and Departure = coming flight departure airport...

Gérard

Hey, no reason to be concerned as long as the columns total distance, number of legs and total flight time are filled in correctly! 🙂

Departure airport has little meaning usually and some guys see it as the departure airport for their latest flight, some see it as their departure point of the adventure (mostly EGLC) but as everyone needed to start in London, this carries little useful information, others - me included - see it as their homebase from where they started the adventure.
Current airport however is informative and also correct, at least in my opinion. It tells where you arrived before you updated your log in the spreadsheet, where your aircraft is now parked and also how far you advanced already in the course of the adventure. It reflects the status quo which is an important fact. A target airport in the log file would be speculative only and thus bear little meaning to the community.
Just my 2 cents, maybe others can chime in and offer another perspective? 😉

• Like 1

I agree with Bernd: let's just keep it simple. I do my detailed tracking and planning in a private spreadsheet. In the public tracking sheet I just fill out the current airport (today I landed at Phuket/VTSP), the total/accumulated distance in column H (for me 12.359 NM as of today since starting in London) and the total flight time in column I (for me 39h47m). I tend to ignore columns L etc.

I guess these are the only figures Mathjis needs in order to do his accumulation of the total distance flown by all participants. The history (legs flown, distance per leg etc.) are either in the individual diary entries or they don't matter. Just my five cents 🙂

On 1/5/2022 at 11:28 AM, EDNR-Cruiser said:

I am really shocked to see how many people have no idea what a spreadsheet is and still believe they could safely fly an aircraft...   😄 😄 😄

I have created and have used spreadsheets rather extensively but have found this "simple" spreadsheet somewhat confusing, primarily due to headings and what data is to be entered at what point in the journey.  Regarding my use of "headings," I don't mean which direction I'm flying.  Flight Time Last Leg vs. Last Flight Time, for example, seems redundant and misleading, or at least requires some reading between the lines.  My guess is that Last Flight Time is not the same as Flight Time Last Leg, except that the last flight time WAS the last leg.  I think the headings could be more specific, maybe something like Time of Previous Leg, Time of Most Recent Leg.  Or something.  I think my log is messed up which is the reason I came here, and I see that I'm not alone regarding the entries to be made in the logs.  I also have been keeping my own spreadsheet and will attempt to sync it with the official log.

This is of course not official but that's what I do:

Legs: cumulated amount of legs flown

Distance:  cumulated amount of nautical miles flown so far
Flight time:  cumulated total flight since departure in London
Last date of edit:  date of last edit in the spredsheet, usually the date you finished your last leg
Link to your flight log:  just add the link to your flight report here

The next three columns were added later and I believe that you are not obliged to use them, it is just a help to calculate your new total flight time: first you copy the current "New flight time" into the column "last flight time" and then the flight time of the last leg into "Flight time last leg" and your new flight time is being calculated for you. Again, I don't think the latter three columns are in any way mandatory, I assume they were added later just as some users added more columns like average ground speed or average fuel burn...