Auto Pilot not working just turning circles

I need help with the AP its not working I just fly in circles after take off. I have watched and read everything and nothing helps. I am to point of Deleting this Aircraft from my Hanger and never fly it again. I am in serious need of help. apparently I am doing something wrong and can't seem to get an handle on what the heck it is. Very Frustrated with this Aircraft. This is beyond learning its frustrating. "Herman this the right area?!?!?!?!

Can you record a video of you setting up the aircraft and the unexpected behavior? Not much to go on here but it generally flies the flight plan if you configure everything correctly.

14 hours ago, Aplato said:

Can you record a video of you setting up the aircraft and the unexpected behavior? Not much to go on here but it generally flies the flight plan if you configure everything correctly.

I will give it a shot, I do have one question if I hit the TOGO before entering the Rwy will this cause an issue? for Instance Accidental press of the TOGO switch while taxing will that screw up the Auto Pilot. Just wondering I noticed on several Videos that its being pressed once the plan enteres the rwy or just before departure roll.  

That should be fine. It's not like a Boeing where TOGA actually causes your thrust to increase. As far as I know the only thing it does is modify the guidance provided by the flight director. I always press it before I start my takeoff roll.

• Deputy Sheriffs
15 hours ago, USSMongoose said:

I need help with the AP its not working I just fly in circles after take off. I have watched and read everything and nothing helps. I am to point of Deleting this Aircraft from my Hanger and never fly it again. I am in serious need of help. apparently I am doing something wrong and can't seem to get an handle on what the heck it is. Very Frustrated with this Aircraft. This is beyond learning its frustrating. "Herman this the right area?!?!?!?!

Did you really work through the tutorial and follwed every single step?

Did you watch these videos?

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/1061-come-fly-with-me-by-the-dude/

Thanks mopperle (sorry for the Bold I copied your name to make sure I had it right.) Yes sir I did multiple times They are very good video's just not sure what is taking place. Thank Aplato for your response. I do have another question which I haven't tried yet. I saw in another post about the Beta quadrant AP button. I have a Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle wondering if I need to unmap the AP switch from it. and only activate AP from Cockpit? When I get off work tonight I am going to try that. and see if it makes a difference. And thanks HErman for confirming. 🙂 

All,

I did the following and it seems to be working as far as following the Flt Plan Path. 

1) Removed the Key Mapping on my Throttle for the APP On/Off

2) Hit the TOGO on the rwy just before departure roll. 

3) doing the above two items seems to have helped me maintain the Flight Plan according to the FMS. 

Once Air born. I selected APP button and Speed. it then turned and followed the Flt pln and started climbing to alt. but ever made it. 😞 

The only issue I have left is clmbing to and maintaining the Cruise Altitude.

Steps taken:

1) Dialed in/ set Alt wanted.

2) AP is active 

3) Select Alt AP button. 

4) when within 1000' ft of my target alt I would select VS button and set the Climb rate to 2.5 

After doing this it would not clb to the select alt. it would just Oculate up and down by anywhere from 1000' to 2000' never holding desired Alt. 

I was able to Descend to an Alt and hold it. but never climb to an alt and hold. 

I am going to re watch the Dude taxi and takeoff and see if I can catch what I am missing. If anyone has an idea more than welcome to try it on my next flight. Thank ahead of time. 

13 hours ago, USSMongoose said:

All,

I did the following and it seems to be working as far as following the Flt Plan Path. 

3) doing the above two items seems to have helped me maintain the Flight Plan according to the FMS. 

Once Air born. I selected APP button and Speed. it then turned and followed the Flt pln and started climbing to alt. but ever made it. 😞 

Steps taken:

2) AP is active 

3) Select Alt AP button. 

4) when within 1000' ft of my target alt I would select VS button and set the Climb rate to 2.5 

After doing this it would not clb to the select alt. it would just Oculate up and down by anywhere from 1000' to 2000' never holding desired Alt. 

I was able to Descend to an Alt and hold it. but never climb to an alt and hold. 

I am going to re watch the Dude taxi and takeoff and see if I can catch what I am missing. If anyone has an idea more than welcome to try it on my next flight. Thank ahead of time. 

There is a Tutorial flight that is included with the Documentation and manuals ...  Follow it to get yourself through a flight.

17 hours ago, USSMongoose said:

All,

Steps taken:

2) AP is active 

3) Select Alt AP button. 

Correct climb method from takeoff. Never use V/S for climb.  Your oscillation is caused by the aircraft getting behind the power curve and not being able to recover.  In other words you are stalling the airplane at altitude.  

V/S mode is only used in descent.  

• 2 weeks later...

@USSMongoose What exactly is happening (aircraft stops climbing completely, climb rate slows to near-zero, aircraft loses speed, etc.)?  Are you following the climb profiles used in the tutorial flight (SPD mode, 250 kts below 10,000 fts, then 290 kts until M 0.74)?  Have you set the weights correctly using the EFB (i.e. clicked set twice), and are sure the aircraft can reach your target altitude based on weight and weather (don't always trust SimBrief)?  Do you have Wing A/I on (which uses engine bleed air and reduces overall thrust)?

When I've had issues climbing/reaching target altitude, it's always been my fault for doing something wrong (except for when Asobo messed up the temperatures in live weather...).

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2021 at 4:55 PM, Crabby said:

Never use V/S for climb.

V/S mode is only used in descent.  

V/S is used quite often for climb IRL and most US-based carriers teach is as the default mode for vertical flight. Its more comfortable for passengers as speed mode can tend to cause the nose to "hunt" during cimb as well as can allow the vertical speed to arrest down to 50fpm when accelerating for a targeted airspeed. Of course I understand not everyone strives for that level of immersion in a simulator, but I still use V/S in post-3rd segment climb. As always in a CRJ, judicious attention to speed is required, especially with one pilot doing the work of two.

Yeah, not sure where the idea you don't use VS mode for climbs. We used it all the time.

Now of course this is not a set and forget AC you have to watch your speed.

But as above post states for smoothness in climb VS mode works well.

Archived