Why was my topic locked if I'm just looking for help and guidance???

Hello Team!

I'm wondering why my message/thread was arbitrarily locked when I'm simply looking for assistance / guidance on the Aerosoft Updater issue???  Is there anyone that could help or at least guide me in the right direction, or is this the wrong forum to ask for assistance?  Link to original thread:  

53 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Please post this file:

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Logs\ASUpdater_App_Log.txt

Hello Otto.  Thanks for your response.  Here goes the file you mentioned.  Hopefully you will be able to spot the issue???  Crossing fingers.  Many Thanks for your willingness to assist.

Dennis

ASUpdater_App_Log.txt

• Deputy Sheriffs

Problem is quite simple. For whatever reason ASUpdater doesnt find any flightsimulator. Have you recently something changed in your sim installation?

Run the attached tool and post the output so that we know a bit more about your enviroment.

ASVersionInfo_1102.zip

Hello Otto!

I ran the tool and attached are my results.  Looks like it is not finding my MSFS anymore.  The weird thing is that a day before everything was normal, and I have not changed my MSFS installation or anything like that.  Super weird.  Any recommendations?

Aerosoft Results.TXT

6 hours ago, mopperle said:

How and where did you install MSFS? Are you using any tools, moving around files? did you make any hardware chnages?

Hello Otto!

I installed MSFS in the default location, which in my computer it is:  

Community folder:  C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

Flight SImulator folder:  C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe

I am not using any tools and I am not moving files around.  No hardware changes.  I also reinstalled all my Aerosoft addons last night hoping that a re-install of ASUpdater would fix things to no avail.  Very strange thing!!!!

• Developer

Is there a file named: C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\UserCfg.opt? And does it end with a like that looks similar to this (with another path of course): InstalledPackagesPath "F:\MSFS_Store" ?

14 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Is there a file named: C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\UserCfg.opt? And does it end with a like that looks similar to this (with another path of course): InstalledPackagesPath "F:\MSFS_Store" ?

Hey Hans.  Thanks for stepping in.  This is what my UserCFG.opt file ends with..........

}
InstalledPackagesPath "C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages"

2 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Looks correct to me. I don't know why the sim isn't found then.

I know - very strange situation.  Hopefully there will be a good soul that may come up with a clue to solve this mystery.

Hello Team!  Seems like someone at Aerosoft did some magic since out of "pure magic" today my Aerosoft updater started to show my products again.  The issue seems to have resolved itself.

Thanks to those of you that chimed in and were willing to assist without arbitrarily locking my thread.

Archived