Mega Airport Ben Gurion - Support thread

David Rosenfeld

Hi All 
I am happy to share with you all my hard working project of Ben-Gurion Airport in Tel-Aviv, Israel
LLBG Ben-Gurion Airport scenery was released which has passed all verifications / tests. The remaining bugs are considered as acceptable.
The reason that those minor bugs were not addressed was due to time lines we wanted to meet and also due to Microsoft SDK with the SU7 release which limited myself to fix and enhancing the product further like I wanted at this time...
I am fully aware of some of the bugs. it was decided that since there is nothing that i can do at the time until Microsoft/Asobo will fix the issue, there is no reason to keep this scenery in the development pipeline any longer.
As I said before "The remaining bugs that are known to me are considered as acceptable." on those we are aware of.

I am working on enhancing the product even further including VDGS, Animations and more.
expect some exciting updates to the product in the near future.

please reply to this post on any issues you experience.

4 hours ago, David Rosenfeld said:

I am fully aware of some of the bugs. it was decided that since there is nothing that i can do at the time until Microsoft/Asobo will fix the issue, there is no reason to keep this scenery in the development pipeline any longer.
As I said before "The remaining bugs that are known to me are considered as acceptable." on those we are aware of.

Hi David,

are these 'acceptable' bugs listed or detailed anywhere? I just bought and installed this airport and I am very, very disappointed with what I see. I haven't looked at the actual terminals and airport buildings themselves in detail yet, simply because the first thing that caught my eye as I got the drone camera in the air to take a look around was the appaling quality of the ground scenery around the airport.  A band of completely flattened scenery all around the airport. Buildings visible, but only as painted on two-dimensional images. Not a 3d structure in sight. Same for the trees in this block.

Unless I've done something wrong (and I see no reason for that to be the case, the install went totally smoothly) then this feels like some of the same quality of background tiles that we used to see in products back in FSX.

I deeply regret buying this airport, if this is what it is supposed to look like. I've attached a sample screenshot. Ignore the poor colour quality - it's a conversion from an HDR image and they never work well, but the flat dimensionality is pretty clear.

Please tell me this is not supposed to look like this,

cheers,

Andy

Please login to display this image.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I just went back and looked more closely at the sample pictures posted on the product page and it looks just as bad there. So I guess I've only got myself to blame. I was so delighted to see that someone had done this airport (the middle east has been a major area of neglect for addons forever) that I just took a quick look at the sales page and dived right in.

I figured - hey, it's Aerosoft, so I don't need to look too closely, pretty much everything AS that I've bought for MSFS has been excellent.

But this is awful.

Oh well, lesson learned. But very disappointed with AS for putting this out - for this price I expect premium quality. And that is most certainly not what this is.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andy Collins said:

Hi David,

are these 'acceptable' bugs listed or detailed anywhere? I just bought and installed this airport and I am very, very disappointed with what I see. I haven't looked at the actual terminals and airport buildings themselves in detail yet, simply because the first thing that caught my eye as I got the drone camera in the air to take a look around was the appaling quality of the ground scenery around the airport.  A band of completely flattened scenery all around the airport. Buildings visible, but only as painted on two-dimensional images. Not a 3d structure in sight. Same for the trees in this block.

Unless I've done something wrong (and I see no reason for that to be the case, the install went totally smoothly) then this feels like some of the same quality of background tiles that we used to see in products back in FSX.

I deeply regret buying this airport, if this is what it is supposed to look like. I've attached a sample screenshot. Ignore the poor colour quality - it's a conversion from an HDR image and they never work well, but the flat dimensionality is pretty clear.

Please tell me this is not supposed to look like this,

cheers,

Andy

Hi Andy,

As David explain on his post, the current SDK is buggy and therefore adding or moving things is almost impossible. I'm not sure why you're looking at the back of the airport, posting this sole image and judging by this that the airport is not worth buying. 

If we'll put there 1000s trees it will be worth buying? Apron textures are FSX style? Terminal textures are not 3D? When parking the airplane on the gate, do you feel that you waste your money on the product?

Cheers,

Amos

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Andy, thank you for your feeback. as mentioned above by David, he was very limited enhancing things further on the initial release due to SDK issues introduced with SU7.
I got a question for you if you don't mind me asking.
why do I have the feeling that it's like when you get a present, you put more emphasize on the present wrapper than the box inside?
I remember when my son was a toddler, we got him a present and he was all over the wrapper and couldn't care less about the toy itself, was so funny :)
but I digress...

the surrounding airport is not really where you going to land your plan at, unless you planning to do some farming on the fields around the airport or your style of flying is to disperse pesticide on the crops fields.

for me those are considered "as acceptable" as I spend 99% of my time in the aerodrome and not on the fields around it. but that is me personally.
I am sure David will enhance the scenery further once Asobo unleash the SDK limitations they introduced with SU7 including the surrounding airport as well.
you should not be disappointed on a superb product in main because the wrapper is simple. for sure it will be enhanced further including the surroundings (I believe the developer's word in his initial statement).
but thanks for your feedback..that it could be added to the list of enhancements.

• Like 1

Hi Andy

As I mention on top of my post I'm really aware of some bugs. all of them will be fixed ASP when the new not "broken" SDK will be available. few of the issue that I can't is to plant trees can't change the mesh around and add new models, move the existing. as me and other developers are bit stuck until the new SDK it's better  to release. so please be patient 

David

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, David Rosenfeld said:

Hi Andy

As I mention on top of my post I'm really aware of some bugs. all of them will be fixed ASP when the new not "broken" SDK will be available. few of the issue that I can't is to plant trees can't change the mesh around and add new models, move the existing. as me and other developers are bit stuck until the new SDK it's better  to release. so please be patient 

David

I Mean broken SDK (not "broken" SDK) so it still broken

Hi David,

Thanks for getting my home airport into the sim.  Been waiting for this!
Just a couple of issues that I have noticed which I hope can be fixed....

1.  Missing wheel textures on static El Al 777s

2.  Missing building texture on approach to Rwy 30 (and at reciprocal end - not sure if you are adding those textures or if they are in-sim)

Thanks again,

Jonny

45 minutes ago, David Rosenfeld said:

few of the issue that I can't is to plant trees can't change the mesh around and add new models, move the existing.

Hi David,

thanks for responding. This would explain things, and I look forward to this being resolved at some point. Regardless of some of the other replies, the quality of the entire scenery is important to me - this is the essence of MSFS as far as I personally am concerned. I will, and do, spend more time exploring in and around an airport with the drone cam than I ever spend sitting in the cockpit of a tubeliner at a gate. I'm not a 30-year plus simmer, so I don't go back to the wire-frame days (I never saw the point of using those early sims) but it was MS Flight that got me started eventually, and that was because of the scenery. I got MSFS on day one, have added nearly 400 payware airports so far and probably the same amount of freeware, and in all that I've probably not done more that a couple of dozen flights in a big airliner. I'm on the sim every day, but it's mostly the likes of the Cub or a chopper or similar if I'm flying, or otherwise I do spend a fair bit of time sightseeing with the drone.

I have no idea of the mechanics and technicalities of producing a scenery product such as this, and if you say the SDK won't let you finish off the surroundings as you'd like then I will of course take your word on that. But I would just add that if there were known to be bugs, then I feel these should have been noted in the description on the sales page. I will accept that images were included, but you have to look rather hard at them to see the flatness I'm talking about.

Anyway, I bought it, I'll live with it, and I'll look forward to an update at some point, but I am definitely disappointed with it as it currently stands.

Thanks again for your response, I appreciate it,

cheers,

Andy

Hi Jonny 

I fix the tires it will be on the first update before Asobo SDK

"no can do" on the purple model on airport city area it's default model can't be exclude and replace by my airport city models

so we have to wait 

David

Dear David !!! THANK YOU so much

I am very  grateful for this awesome work !!! at least one can fly out and in LLBG after been frustrated for more one year !! this is really appreciated !! that's made many people very happy and satisfied.

I would like to inform you about an  issue regarding the AI traffic disappearing when landing  :   landing AI trafics are disappearing just after touch down.

the bug occurs with all third party AI softwares i.e with  Aerosoft simple traffic or AIG manager/controler trafic.

As far as I could see, although all VATSIM/IVAO AI trafic are landing and taking off without any trouble.

I checked   with other airport sceneries and this was not occurring, so I suppose it's specific  interaction between the LLBG scenery and AI trafic landing AFCAD's.

Patrick

Hello Patrick

First Thanks :) 

As part of the broken SDK for the moment no way to fix the "afcad" for AI this is almost my main issue plus unable at this moment to add\remove and change mesh terrain.

I'll fix it ASP when the new SDK will be available  

Regards

David

• 2 weeks later...

On 12/27/2021 at 8:24 AM, David Rosenfeld said:

Hello Patrick

First Thanks :) 

As part of the broken SDK for the moment no way to fix the "afcad" for AI this is almost my main issue plus unable at this moment to add\remove and change mesh terrain.

I'll fix it ASP when the new SDK will be available  

Regards

David

David,  I understannd there is some bugs issues with this new scenery giving you a lot of work, and  I thank you very much you for your answer about AFCAD issues and ths SDK, etc....

But this is quite enigmatric how can you explain this disappearing aircraft problem  occurs with all third party AI softwares i.e with  Aerosoft simple traffic or AIG manager/controler trafic.  although not with VATSIM/IVAO AI trafic , are landing and do not disappear after landing

Moreover, as far as I could see, this issue is specific to that scenery and is not occuring on other airports sceneies non généric as well as generic ...  i HOPE YOU CAN SOLVE IT... AND AGAIN THK YOU FOR THIS GREAT SCENERY

Hello Patrick

Today after editing the XML file and after the new Asobo Patch I did overcome the Taxiway issues and beck to work. I did remove ALL Taxiway and gono build them again so this issue will be solved. also now I can add/fix all the complain on this topic  I think there is two +- weeks of work

Thank you all for your patience

David

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@David Rosenfeld Just got Ben Gurion via Orbx v1.0.0.0 is installed. After landing on runway 08, ATC guides me to gate B2. But I am missing the taxiway instructions and the taxi ribbon. Also the gate is not higlighted make it impossible to fine the correct spot without using charts. Is this a known issue?

• Upvote 1

Hi Erik

I'm Very close to finish the first update We shell check it this afternoon 

I did make from start all taxi and parking spots now ALL is connected so if it will be OK tomorrow the first update will be ready

Thanks for you patience

David 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, David Rosenfeld said:

Hi Erik

I'm Very close to finish the first update We shell check it this afternoon 

I did make from start all taxi and parking spots now ALL is connected so if it will be OK tomorrow the first update will be ready

Thanks for you patience

David 

Thanks David! Looking forward to the update :)

So LLBG 1.0.1 is taking shape and should be released next week.

Changelog:

Taxiways, taxipaths, parking positions fixes according to SU7 SDK requirements
Reposition main control tower
Wet Surfaces fixes
Overall texture fixes and enhancements
Jetway model texture fixes and enhancements
Parking lots model texture fixes and enhancements
Cars added to various parking lots
Various model fixes to avoid flickering
Vegetation and autogen fixes and enhancements
Runway touch down zones rubber and dirt added
Floating taxi signs
White tires on the static 777
Airport City added to replace default Asobo one

Thank you all for your feedback, much appreciated!

David and Amos

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 6:45 PM, ageva said:

So LLBG 1.0.1 is taking shape and should be released next week.

Changelog:

Taxiways, taxipaths, parking positions fixes according to SU7 SDK requirements
Reposition main control tower
Wet Surfaces fixes
Overall texture fixes and enhancements
Jetway model texture fixes and enhancements
Parking lots model texture fixes and enhancements
Cars added to various parking lots
Various model fixes to avoid flickering
Vegetation and autogen fixes and enhancements
Runway touch down zones rubber and dirt added
Floating taxi signs
White tires on the static 777
Airport City added to replace default Asobo one

Thank you all for your feedback, much appreciated!

David and Amos

Hi all 

Update is online

https://www.aerosoft.com/en/microsoft-flight-simulator/msfs-sceneries/3653/aerosoft-mega-airport-ben-gurion

Thanks 

David and Amos 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi David.

Since the last Sim Update (not yesterday's World Update) I can neither depart from LLBG or arrive at. Regardless of departure or arrival I get a CTD with your scenery. When arriving at LLBG the CTD comes on final approach, approximately 3 miles from end of runway. When departing from LLBG the CTD occurs during taxi to the end of the runway, about halfway between the gate and the end of the assigned runway. The default LLBG works fine.

Thank you.

David Schitoskey