Tutorial for how to navigate and use the GPS

WebMaximus

Hi,

I'm a new user to the Piper Cheyenne X and to navigate using the GPS that comes with it, I'm more used to navigation using a FMC after many hours in the LDS-767.

I don't find the documentation very helpful so my question is if someone has written some kind of tutorial showing how a flight is done using the GPS to navigate.

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Just found the info I was looking for in the 'Trimble First Flight' PDF - don't know how I missed that but guess I was paying too much attention to the main ops manual.

Another question, is it possible to update the nav database and the SIDs and the STARs for the Piper Cheyenne somewhere?

You can download the AIRAC's from www.navigraph.com, but there is a fee for doing so. You can purchase an individual AIRAC cycle, which currently is 803, or purchase a yearly cycle which gives you a break on the costs. With the purchase, you are able to download the AIRAC updates for most of the payware aircraft, ie: PMDG, PSS, Flight1 ATR, Cheyenne, etc.

Hope this helps.

John