CB2 Trip around the World in a Kodiak

CB2

Hi, everyone.
For me this is the first time that I have registered in a simulator forum.
I'm flying a Quest Kodiak Q-100 with REP. It is controlled via an Alpha Flight Controls and a Bravo Throttle Quadrant.
I have been flying, intermittently, with the simulator since 1989.
I first noticed in the last few days that this event is taking place.
I quickly got down to planning a route. So I hope I haven't overstrain myself.
I've broken the route into small pieces that I can fly after work
Here is my planned route:
EGLL LFPG LSZA LIBP LIBR LGSA HEMM HECP HEMA OEMA OERK OBBS OMDW OOMS OPSF VAJM VABB VERP VEBS VECC VGEG VYCZ VLLN VVCI VHHH RCTP ROKR RJFG RJOA RJTT RJCH UHSS UHSN UHPP UHPL UHPA UHMA UHMD PAOM PARS PAIL PACV PAYA PAFE CYZP CYAZ KPDX KSFO KHHR KPHX KAEG KPWA KSUS KOSU KHMZ KLGA CYHZ CYQX BGBW BIRK EKVG EGPA EGPJ EINC EGHD DCT EGLL

After the technical examination of the aircraft, I think that the technology is well prepared.
Since I don't want to fly such a long distance alone, my long-standing copilt "Little Fant" and my columnist "The Owl" are also involved.
We are currently packing the survival equipment, food, water and tent on the plane.
When we're done,

we'll be on our way to London.

• Like 3

Hello fellow flyers.
My co-pilot was simmering that we didn't have a visa for Suez yet. Our columnist quickly called the embassy to get a visa.
In the meantime we have packed the last medical items for emergencies and stocked up the on-board pharmacy with them. 
Everything checked again. At the last minute, the technicians remembered that they could carry out an update on the Kodiak.
They also stowed some spare parts for the aircraft. We hope, however, that the technology plays along.
We have now reached the maximum loading weight for the aircraft and can no longer take everything with us that we actually wanted to pack.
We hope we've packed the most important parts for the flight.
In the meantime, I have started preparations for our trip to London. Meanwhile, my copilot is filling up the tanks.
We all get in to  the Airplane. Before I switch on the power supply, it is eerily quiet in the machine, everyone indulges their thoughts. If everything goes well, the technology will hold up, we will come back healthy. Each of us ponders for a moment. I give myself a jolt and switch on the on-board power supply and start the pre-flight inspection.
A certain excitement sets in, we get the clearance to start the turbine and i start up the turbine. The last checks are carried out in the cockpit using the checklist.
The taxi clearance has been granted and we roll our machine to the runway. The last points on the checklist are processed and the tower is called for clearance to take off. Kodiak Mike Delta Echo, “Ready for departcher”.
During the take-off, I briefly think about it, “Hey, we're really on our way now”, but then the air traffic around Cologne takes on me and I have to concentrate on flying.
We take one last look at the cathedral and our course takes us towards London at the beginning of our great adventure.
The flight and landing at Heathrow were unspectacular. Although it was cold with a bit of cross wind, we were able to land safely.

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-22 15.27.36.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-22 15.58.28.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-22 18.47.04.png

• Like 2

Cheers to my fellow Kodiak crew!

I arrived at EGKB today. Hope to meet you at tomorrows dinner!

Maybe we can share some thoughts about the not-so-simple parts of this journey, especially the Pacific and Antlantic crossings...

Greetings from me and my wife...

Filip Nebbel

Hi PapaZulu greetings from the CB2 Crew to your crew.

I hope we can meet in Suez and exchange experiences.
Geetings
Mike

Day 1
Yesterday evening we were still in a restaurant (The Queens Head) near the airport and ate something.
Our co-pilot had a few pintes too many that he ate at the aerobatic latin spinning. The guests found my co-pilot extremely funny and bought some beers. We had to sober him up this morning and postpone the start of the flight to the afternoon.
After infusing a few liters of coffee, we were able to make our copilot fit to fly again.
The start. From Heathrow was uneventful. Due to the relatively low cloud cover, we did not have a reasonable view of the city. Since the cloud cover was announced in the briefing, we decided to carry out our flight at 13,000 feet. The only exciting thing during the flight was a relatively close flyby of a Cessna that crossed our course while sinking. The route was then changed by the French air traffic controllers and my fellow pilots got a little grumpy because the Eiffel Tower could not be seen on the new course.
The ILS approach to Charles Degaulle Airport was a bit shaky with a wind of 9 knots, but not a problem.
We landed safely at the airport.
By the way, can someone recommend us a good eatery near the airport?

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-23 15.09.30.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-23 16.29.20.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-23 17.05.37.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-23 17.35.30.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-23 17.46.10.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-23 18.00.06.png

• Like 3

Hello fellow flyers, the flight to Lugano was really fun.

After breakfast in France we start preparations. The weather report does not promise good weather on our trip. We hope that at least in the Alps we will get a little clearer view and enjoy a beautiful view. After refueling the machine, we go through the checklist and prepare to start.
We start in France with a cross wind of 7 knots. Since I am inattentive for a moment at the start, it pushes me out of the center line. Fortunately, I can get this under control again quickly.
After the start we are told to climb to 9,000 feet, then to 15,000 feet. Altitude. At about 700 feet the clouds start and we cannot see at all of Paris. This leads to further displeasure in my two companions, who would have liked to see the Eiffel Tower. At least the weather is at 15,000 feet with sun. The sky is slowly tearing open over Tun and we can see a little bit of the Alps. We fly very close to the Schreckhorn, the view is terrific. In between I take a look at the cabin temperature and the printer display for our oxygen. There is enough. My fellow flyers are thrilled. We enjoy the view of the Alps for a short time, Rosso di Ribia the cloud cover closes again. I'm slowly starting to take care of the landing preparations so that we can get down here with the thick soup. A great view of the Alps. That makes up for the lack of a view of Paris. The operator assigns us the ODIN7L as STAR. Via Alp Pianello comes the announcement from the controller that no GPS approach is possible, there is a bit of activity in the cockpit for a short time, then we thought about which final approach we want to land with. In the meantime I can't see anything of the surroundings, with the help of the tower and the navigation instrument I can descend towards the airport. Unfortunately, I'm a bit high and have to make a few dangling movements on the approach. We land safely at Lugano airport. The approach was a bit stressful and I was drenched in sweat. I'm taking a shower first. I hope we can make Lugano a little more unsafe.

Greetings from the Kodiak crew

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-24 11.07.59.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-24 11.59.33.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-24 12.58.16.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-24 13.04.56.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-24 13.06.51.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-24 13.39.59.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-24 13.42.00.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-24 13.55.19.png

• Like 1

This morning, after we got up, the news reported of an earthquake in Switzerland. Fortunately, nothing bad happened.
In Lugano we are not that far removed from it.
Last night my crew and I had a nice small talk with a couple of nice young Italians. One of them wanted to visit her parents in Pescara and we offered to take them with us.
She gave us a contribution for our rice coffers. The preparations for the start this morning were unspectacular. Get weather information, submit flight plan, checklist. And already it went out via the track 01.
Unfortunately we had to struggle with a cloud cover again today, so we couldn't fully enjoy the view. Our cruising altitude today was 13,000 feet.
In the vicinity of Ravenna the cloud cover tore slightly and we were able to take a distant view of the port city of Rimini. My copilot takes care of our passenger and touchingly. Our destination airport.
Pescara is now only 190 normal away. According to the weather report, a temperature of 18 degrees is to be expected at the arrival location. We have already started packing away our thick winter clothes. Again and again thick clouds pass us. A brief view of the Ancona ferry port was possible. The ferries to Split start from here.

We are too far away to see anything.
The tower has just informed us of the planned approach. We're going to land on runway 22. The approach is carried out via the ASTUB transition. 
The approach was quickly entered into the MFD. With 18 Grad  and light winds I don't expect a difficult approach. 
The air pressure is announced at 2974 mbar. Winds 238 degrees with 10 knots are expected. The cloud cover is 7100 feet, we are again in a thick cloud cover. 7.3 nautical miles to the approach point, nothing to be seen but clouds. So the approaches are really no fun.
According to the weather report, the cloud cover will tear open at 2400 feet.
After we can see the airport at about 2400 feet, the approach is a bit shaky but without any problems.
After we are in the parking position and have secured the machine, we take our passenger to the parking lot. The girl's parents invite us to dinner.
What a nice end to the day.

Heute Morgen, nachdem wir aufgestanden sind, haben die Nachrichten über ein Erdbeben in der Schweiz berichtet. Zum Glück ist nichts weiter Schlimmes passiert.
In Lugano sind wir ja gar nicht so weit davon entfernt.
Gestern Abend hatte meine Crew und ich noch einen netten Smalltalk mit ein paar netten jungen Italienerinnen.  Ein wollte zu ihren Eltern nach Pescara und wir boten an Sie mitzunehmen.
Sie hat uns einen Obolus für unsere Reiskasse gegeben. Die Startvorbereitungen, heute Morgen verliefen unspektakulär. Wetterinformationen einholen, Flugplan einreichen, Checkliste. Und schon ging es über die Bahn 01 raus. Dummerweise hatten wir auch heute wieder mit einer Wolkendecke zu kämpfen, so konnten wir die Aussichten nicht vollends genießen. Unsere Reiseflughöhe lag heute bei 13000 Fuß. In der Nähe von Ravenna riss die Wolkendecke leicht auf und wir konnten einen entfernten Blick auf die Hafenstadt Rimini werfen. Mein Copilot kümmert sich rührend, und unseren Fluggast. Unser Ziel Flughafen. Pescara ist jetzt nur 190 Nautische Meilen entfernt. Laut Wetterbericht ist am Ankunft Ort eine Temperatur von 18 Grad zu erwarten. Wir haben schon angefangen unsere dicken Winterklamotten wegzupacken. Immer wieder ziehen dicke Wolken an uns vorbei. Einen kurzen Ausblick auf Fährhafen Ancona war möglich. Von hier aus starten die Fähren nach Split.

Wir sind zu weit weg um etwas erkenn zu können.
Der Tower hat uns gerade den vorgesehenen Anflug mitgeteilt. Wir werden auf der Landebahn 22 landen. Der Anflug wird über die ASTUB Transition durchgeführt. Schnell wurde der Landeanflug in das MFD eingegeben. Bei 18 Frag und leichten Winden erwarte ich keinen schwierigen Anflug. Der Luftdruck ist mit 2974. mBar angekündigt. Winde 238 Grad mit 10 Knoten sind zu erwarten. Die Wolkendecke wird dabei 7100 Fuß sind wir wieder in einer dichten Wolkendecke. Noch 7,3 nautische Meilen zum Anflugpunkt, es nichts außer Wolken zu sehen. So machen die Anflüge wirklich keinen Spaß. Laut Wetterbericht reißt die Wolkendecke bei 2400 Fuß auf.
Nach dem wir bei ca.2400 Fuss den Flughafen sehen können verläuft der Anflug zwar etwas wackelig aber ohne Probleme.
Nachdem wir auf der Parkposition sind und die Maschine gesichert haben bringen wir unseren Fluggast zum Parkplatz. Die Eltern des Mädchens laden uns zum Essen ein.
Was ein schöner Abschluss für den Tag.

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-25 13.48.26.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-25 15.10.44.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-25 15.45.57.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-25 16.02.57.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-25 16.29.10.png

• Like 3

After a cozy evening with the family of our passenger, during which good red wine flowed, we were able to spend the night in the family house. We had occupied all of the couches and guest rooms. The host made us a delicious breakfast the next morning, where we found out that our host is a vet. He still has to operate in the wildlife park in Fasano and a sick elephant. Instead of him traveling to the sick animal in a rental car, we offered to take him with us and he could travel back by plane or rental car. After the pre-flight inspection, we refueled in such a way that we can easily take our passengers with us. Since we carry so much food and spare parts with us, we always have to be careful with our weight. Somehow we booked clouds and poor visibility. Again we could not take a look at the region after the start because a thick cloud cover up to 1300 feet obstructed the view, then the clouds tore up. Due to the thick clouds, we had to rely on the navigation devices at the start. Since there was a lot of air traffic, our copilot and our fellow travelers always had a view of the area. We then flew over the Parco Nazionale del Gargano, which we had a good view of. At 13,000 feet we could see the entire area. Unfortunately we could not make out any details at this altitude. The final approach at 13 to 17 knots of crosswind turns out to be exciting. We were then able to land safely in Brindisi and taxi to the parking position.

During the post-flight inspection, we checked the handler and found that it was defective.

Of course there is no Zecker "Funkenflug" branch here. The atennacoupler is probably broken again. None of you know where we can get a new antennacoupler?

-----

Nach einem gemütlichen Abend mit der Familie unseres Passagiers, bei dem ordentliche Rotwein floss, konnten wir in dem Haus der Familie übernachten. Wir hatten alle Sofas und Gästezimmer belegt. Der Hausherren hat uns am nächsten Morgen ein leckeres Frühstück gemacht bei dem wir erfahren haben das unser Gastgeber Tierarzt ist. Er muss heute noch nach Fasano in den Wildpark und einen Erkrankten Elefanten operieren. Wir haben angeboten, anstatt, dass er mit einem Leihwagen zu dem erkrankten Tier reist, ihn mitzunehmen und er mit dem Flieger oder Leihwagen zurückreist. Nach der Vorflugkontrolle haben wir so getankt, dass wir unseren Passagieren auch locker mitnehmen können. Da wir so viel Nahrungsmittel und Ersatzteile mit führen müssen wir immer auf das Gewicht aufpassen. Irgendwie haben wir Wolken und schlechte Sicht gebucht. Wieder konnten wir, nach dem Start keinen Blick auf die Region werfen da eine dicke Wolkendecke bis 1300 Fuß die Sicht behinderte, dann riss die Wolken dann auf. Durch die dicken Wolken mussten wir uns auf die Navigationsgräte beim Start verlassen. Da relativ viel Luftverkehr war hatte unser Copilot und unsere Mitreisenden immer einen Blick in die Umgebung. Wir sind dann über den Parco Nazionale del Gargano geflogen, auf den wir eine gute Aussicht möglich war. Auf 13000 Fuß konnten wir das gesamte Gelände überblicken, Leider konnten wir auf dieser Flughöhe keine Einzelheiten ausmachen. Der Endanflug bei 13 bis 16 Knoten Seitenwind gestaltet sich spannend. Wir konnten dann aber sicher in Brindisi landen und zur Parkposition rollen.
Bei der Nachflugkontrolle haben wir das HF gecheckt und festgestellt, dass es einen Defekt hat.
Natürlich gibt es hier keine Zweigstelle von Zecker Funkenflug. Wahrscheinlich ist wieder der Koppler kaputt. Von euch weiß auch keiner wo wir einen neuen Antennenkoppler bekommen?

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-26 11.56.49.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-26 12.14.42.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-26 12.49.50.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-26 13.03.29.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-26 14.06.03.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-26 14.10.43.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-26 14.20.39.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-26 14.59.46.png

• Like 2

Hello Everybody

After we had to re-park the plane yesterday, we went on a sightseeing tour through Brindisi. Our "The Owl" took over the tour guide. Apparently she knows this corner of Italy very well. We visited Colonne Terminali della Via Appia, Portico dei Cavalieri Templari and Chiesa di San Paolo Eremita. Then we were taken by her to one of her acquaintances who is organizing a private cooking class with us. Our columnist “Die Eule” said: “So that you can finally learn how to cook spaghetti properly”. All in all, an educational and fun evening.
The next morning I found a note from "The Owl" under the door of the room, on which she said that she had to go back to town before breakfast to organize something. Otherwise she was always very communicative. In the meantime we went to breakfast and then to the airfield
Our columnist was nowhere to be seen. Well, I hope we don't have to postpone the start, I said to our co-driver. We were lucky. After the pre-flight checks, our columnist reappeared, then with a handcart in tow. The contents of the wagon, lots of small boxes, still have to go into the machine. A total of 150 boxes. When asked what was in the box, evasive replied "School supplies, they are not heavy, each box weighed 1kg. So we thought about how we could stow the additional luggage properly. After the stowing, a new pre-flight inspection takes place.

Our columnist didn't want to reveal exactly what was in the mysterious boxes. Get start clearance, we have been assigned the start line 31. After the start clearance we started on track 31 and then turned to the open more. It was a bit uncomfortable for me to fly without a HF, since a large part of the flight goes over the open sea. The replacement device should be available at Chania Airport and can be installed there. I hope that the installation does not take that long. Since the weather report VFR Flugwetter announced we rose to 5000 and had a nice flight with a good view. Half an hour after the start, the Greek coast comes into view, my nervousness about the missing handler subsides a little. Over "Corfu" the weather suddenly got worse, rain and we asked for a higher flight altitude. We are assigned to FL 110.

On the Greek coast we try again to go down to 7000 feet. The weather is still bad, there are even light thunderstorms with the corresponding gusts. We are given a good shake and decide to go back up to FL 110.
At Sparti the cloud cover tears up a bit and we can see part of the Greek mainland. A wonderful view of some mountain ranges. We leave mainland Greece with a course for Crete. Here we have a short view of the mountain range at. ALPA. At some distance we can see Velopoula.
The tower has just informed us that we can expect the “SOKR TWO Golf” arrival with the SOKRI transition and the VOR approach to runway 29. I'm starting the preparations for landing. After the preparations for the landing approach have been completed, we leave completely relaxed. The landing on. Since we haven't heard anything else for a long time, we will carry out the UADME runway 29 approach. On the way, the cloud cover is relatively dense at 4000 feet. We are heading for the approach point LEVKO. Everyone has put their seat belts back on and we are ready to land. Shortly before turning into the final approach, the tower gives us a new course.
We follow the instructions from the tower and take the new course on the final approach. We put on butter soft and are now on Crete. After a short run from the tower, we leave the military part of the airport and roll to the civilian part where we park our plane. The owl unloads its boxes and quickly disappears with the boxes. We do the post-flight inspection and then go on a discovery tour of the island.

--------

Hallo Alle Zsammen

Nachdem wir den Flieger gestern noch einmal umparken mussten haben wir uns zu einer Sightseeing Tour durch Brindisi aufgemacht. Unsere „Die Eule“ hat dabei die Reiseleitung übernommen. Scheinbar kennt sie diese Ecke von Italien sehr gut. Wir besuchten Colonne Terminali della Via Appia, Portico dei Cavalieri Templari und Chiesa di San Paolo Eremita. Danach wurden wir von ihr zu einer ihrer Bekannten mitgenommen die einen Privaten Kochkurs mit uns veranstaltet. Unsere Kolumnistin „Die Eule“ meinte: „Damit ihr endliche lernt richtig Spagetti zu Kochen“. Insgesamt ein lehrreicher und lustiger Abend.
Am nächsten Morgen fand ich unter der Zimmertür einen Zettel von „Der Eule“ auf dem Sie mitteilte, dass nochmal vor dem Frühstück in die Stadt müsste um irgendwas zu organisieren. Sonst war sie immer sehr mitteilsam.  Wir gingen derweil zum Frühstück und danach auf den Flugplatz
Von unserer Kolumnistin war weit und breit nichts zu sehen. Na, ich hoffe, dass wir nicht den Start verschieben müssen, sagte ich noch zu unserem Copiloten. Wir hatten Glück. Nach den Vorflugkontrollen tauchte unsere Kolumnistin, dann mit einem Bollerwagen im Schlepptau wieder auf. Der Inhalt des Bollerwagens, lauter kleine Kartons, müssten noch in die Maschine. Insgesamt 150 Kartons. Auf die Frage, was in den Karton sei, meinte Ausweichend „Schulmaterial, die sind nicht schwer, Jeder Karton wog 1KG. Also haben wir überlegt wie wir das zusätzliche Gepäck vernünftig verstauen können. Nachdem Vertäuen erfolgt eine neue Vorflugkontrolle.

Unsere Kolumnistin wollte aber nicht genau rausrücken, was in den geheimnisvollen Kartons ist. Startfreigabe holen, uns wurde die Startban 31 zugewiesen. Nach der Startfreigabe sind wir dann auf der Bahn 31 gestartet und dann auf das offene mehr gedreht. Mir war es schon etwas Mulmig ohne HF zu fliegen, da ein großer Teil des Flugs über das offene Meer geht. Das Ersatzgerät soll in Chania Airport bereitstehen und kann dort eingebaut werden. Ich hoffe, dass der Einbau nicht so lange Zeit in Anspruch nimmt Da der Wetterbericht VFR Flugwetter angekündigt hatte sind wir auf 5000 gestiegen und hatten bis einen schönen Flug mit guter Aussicht. Eine halbe Stunde nach dem Start kommt die griechische Küste in Sicht, meine Nervosität wegen dem fehlenden HF legt sich etwas. Über „Corfu“   wird das Wetter plötzlich schlechter, Regen und wir haben eine höhere Flughöhe angefragt. Uns wir der FL 110 zugewiesen.

An der griechischen Küste versuchen wir nochmal auf 7000 Fuß herunter zu gehen. Das Wetter ist noch immer schlecht, sogar leichte Gewittern gibt es mit den entsprechenden Böen. Wir werden ordentlich durchgeschüttelt und entschließen uns wieder auf   FL 110 zu steigen.
Bei Sparti reißt die Wolkendecke etwas auf und wir können einen Teil des griechischen Festlands sehen. Ein herrlicher Ausblick auf einige Bergketten. Wir verlassen das griechische Festland mit Kurs auf Kreta. Hier haben wir noch einen kurzen Ausblick auf die Bergkette bei. ALPA. In einiger Entfernung können wir Velopoula erkennen.

Soeben hat uns der Tower mitgeteilt, dass wir den „SOKR TWO Golf“ Arrival, mit dem SOKRI Transition und dem VOR  Approach to runway 29 erwarten können. Ich fange mit den Landevorbereitungen an. Nach dem die Landeanflug Vorbereitungen abgeschlossen sind, gehen wir ganz entspannt. Die Landung an. Da wir von Dauer nichts anderes gehört haben, werden wir den wie UADME Runway 29 Anflug durchführen. Unterwegs ist die Wolkendecke relativ dicht auf 4000 Fuß. Wir steuern den Anflugpunkt LEVKO an. Alle haben die Gurte wieder angelegt und wir sind klar zur Landung. Kurz vor der dem Eindrehen in den Endanflug weißt uns der Tower einen Neuen Kure zu.
Wir folgen der Anweisung des Towers und gehen über den neuen kurs in den Endanflug. Wir setzen Butterweich auf und sind nun auf Kreta. Nach eine einem kurzen Anranzer vom Tower verlassen wir den Militärischen Teil des Flughafens und rollen zu zivilen Teil auf dem wir unseren Flieger dann abstellen. Die Eule lädt ihre Kisten aus und verschwindet mit den Kartons ganz schnell. Wir machen die Nachflugkontrolle und gehen dann auf Entdeckungstour auf der Insel.

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-27 11.23.47.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-27 11.33.09.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-27 12.07.56.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-27 12.23.58.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-27 15.03.41.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-27 15.09.06.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-27 15.15.05.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-27 15.16.23.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-27 15.21.22.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-27 15.40.21.png

• Like 2

Hello fellow flyers.

This morning we were woken up by the owl. It was around 3:00 a.m. She pounded on the door and said we had to leave immediately, she babbled something about trouble with the authorities. So we didn't ask any further questions at first, packed our clothes, checked out and took a taxi to the airport. Fortunately, we installed and removed the antenna coupler yesterday.
Carrying out pre-flight checks (such a pre-flight ceck in the dark is no fun), refueling and creating a flight plan is done in a very short time. After a short time we had permission to start the turbine. We quickly got the taxi clearance and rolled to the start to runway 29. After the take-off clearance, we started on runway 29. After takeoff, we were instructed to make a 180 degree right turn and climb to 11,000 feet. We continued across the island of Crete. Unfortunately, the clouds only allowed us to take a short look at the beauty of the island. After two more course changes, we crossed the open sea towards Marsa Matruh. Now our columnist should finally explain what's going on and what's up with the boxes. She replies somewhat hesitantly that school supplies for the refugees were packed in the boxes. Friends of hers from the writing scene wanted to distribute it. Since the action was not discussed with the authorities, there was trouble.
Your friends would take care of everything else - just see, that you leave the island as soon as possible. 

Now we know what's behind the whole action. I would like to keep silent about the short but intense conversation about the cohesion of the crew.
We have now flown about halfway across the open sea. I hope I've refueled enough. According to my calculations, that should easily reach the goal. At the moment we only see water water and even more water as far as the eye can see.
20 minutes later we can make out the shadow of the coastline.
After another 10 minutes, the information about the approach (MM236) and final approach to the airport (runway 33) in Marsa Matruh comes from the tower. I enter the data in the MFD. A quick recalculation shows that we can get there with the amount of fuel and end up with 10% over tank reserve. The HF worked on the flight and we were able to spark some stations as a test.
On the final approach we can throw at the partly barren desert landscape. After landing we rolled to the assigned parking position. My copilot carried out the post-flight inspection and I put together the flight plan for tomorrow.
We are considering flying to Cairo via Alexandria. In the meantime, "the owl" has organized us an overnight stay. She got us rooms in a hotel called "North Coast Princess and something else".
We hope that we will be able to go swimming to "Cleopatra Beach" one day.

By the way:
Does anyone know if and if so where the big party will take place in Suez tomorrow?

Greetings from the CB2 crew.

Hallo ihr Mitflieger.
Heute Morgen wurden wir von der Eule aus dem Schlaf gerissen. Es war zirka 03:00 Uhr nachts. Sie hämmerte an die Tür und meinte wir müssten sofort aufbrechen, sie faselte irgendwas von Ärger mit den Behörden. Also haben wir erstmal nicht weiter nachgefragt, unsere Klamotten gepackt, ausgecheckt und sind mit dem Taxi zum Flughafen gefahren. Zu, Glück hatten wir den Antennenkoppler gestern noch eingebaut und abgenommen.
Vorflugkontrollen durchführen (So eine Vorflugkontrolle im dunklen macht keinen Spaß), tanken und Flugplan erstelle wird in sehr kurzer Zeit erledigt. Schon nach kurzer Zeit hatten wir die Genehmigung die Turbine anzulassen. Schnell bekamen wir die Taxifreigabe und rollten zum Start zur Bahn 29. Nach der Startfreigabe sind wir über die Bahn 29 gestartet. Nach dem Start sind wurden wir Angewiesen einen 180 Grad Rechtsturn zu fliegen und auf 11000 Fuß zu steigen. Weiter ging es quer über die Insel Kreta. Die Wolken ermöglichten uns leider nur relative kurze Blicke auf die Schönheit der Insel. Nach zwei weiteren Kursänderungen ging es über das offene Meer Richtung Marsa Matruh. Jetzt sollte unsere Kolumnistin endlich erklären was los sei und was es mit den Kartons auf sich hat. Sie Antwortet etwas zögerlich, dass in den Kartons Schulmaterial für die Flüchtlinge eingepackt war. Freunde von ihr aus der Autorenszene wollten das dann verteilen. Da die Aktion nicht mit den Behörden abgesprochen war hat es Ärger gegeben. Ihre Freunde würden sich um alles weitere kümmern sie sollte nur schleunigst sehen das Sie die Insel verlässt. Jetzt wissen wir was hinter der ganzen Aktion steckt. Über die kurze aber heftige Unterhaltung über den Zusammenhalt der Crew möchte ich mich hier ausschweigen.

Wir haben jetzt ungefähr auf der Hälfte der Strecke über dem offenen Meer geflogen. Ich hoffe, ich habe genug aufgetankt. Nach meinen Berechnungen müsste das locker bis zum Ziel reichen. Momentan sehen wir nur Wasser Wasser und noch mehr Wasser soweit das Auge reicht.
20 Minuten später können wir schemenhaft die Küstenlinien erkennen.
Nach weiteren 10 Minuten kommt vom Tower die Information welchen Anflug (MM236) und Endanflug wir auf den Flughafen (Landebahn 33) in Marsa Matruh erwarten können. Ich gebe die Daten in das MFD ein. Ein kurzes nachrechen ergibt, dass wir mit der Treibstoffmenge hinkommen und mit 10% über Tankreserve landen. Das HF hat auf dem Flug funktioniert und wir konnten einige Stationen testweise Anfunken.

Im Endanflug können wir auf die zum Teil karge Wüstenlandschaft werfen. Nach der Landung sind wir auf die zugewiesene Parkposition gerollt. Mein Copilot führte die Nachflugkontrolle durch und ich habe den Flugplan für den morgigen Tage zusammengestellt.
Wir überlegen über Alexandria nach Kairo zu fliegen. Mittlerweile hat „die Eule“ uns eine Übernachtungsmöglichkeit organisiert. Sie hat uns Zimmer in einem Hotel mit dem Namen „North Coast Princess und noch irgendwas“ besorgt.
Wir hoffen, dass wir es schaffen einmal an den „Kleopatra Beach“ schwimmen zu gehen.

By the way:
Weiß jemand ob und wenn ja wo morgen in Suez die große Party stattfinde?

Grüße von der CB2 Crew.

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-28 05.07.07.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-28 05.10.22.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-28 05.13.10.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-28 06.30.42.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-28 06.37.06.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-28 07.56.49.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-28 07.57.09.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-28 08.05.26.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-28 08.18.01.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-28 08.27.54.png

• Like 2

Good noon, (night) to all crews.

What a day.....
After the CB 2 crew had overslept, there was no more breakfast. We immediately went to the airport, where the owl organized something to eat for us.
During that time I put together the flight plan quickly and sloppily so that we could take off on time. I have an airport in I was looking for an airport near Cairo where our plane could land. I submitted the flight plan and it was approved. Our flight management tool did not want to accept the destination airport and said we should not land on the runway. I didn't get that so I manually put together a flight plan. We were instructed to take the start on track 33, on this track we had a tail wind. Despite the demand from the tower, we should carry out this start on this runway.
We continued towards Alexandria with the help of the VFR tower. After the start of Runway HDG then on course 092 then on course 121. From Alexandria we wanted to turn off on course 131 towards Suez? I then fiddled a little with the MFD to find out why I couldn't steer to the airport. Suddenly, the GPS navigation field for the area completely. Man I'm stupid on our navigation instrument the entire area of Egypt and the connected Arab countries is missing.
My first thought was to hang around the radio beacons along the coast to Alexandria and land there to fix that. That's what we did.
Now I'm trying to get permission to land in Alexandria during the flight so that I can download the missing areas over the Internet. The fix then proceeded as follows: First onto the cell phone, from the cell phone into the Install Box, from the box into the MFD.
After an update of the navigation data, our MFD and the navigation function perfectly. Now all we need is a flight plan from Alexandria Towards Cairo.
After the short visit to Alexandria Airport, we took off from runway 32 with a new flight plan.
Our remaining flight time to Cairo is around 50 minutes. The view from the plane gives us a glimpse of a green landscape. I didn't expect to see so much green here. Our flight leads past EL Naga Village and further past Nader towards Cairo.
The tower will inform us of our approach for landing. On runway 32 left, with the CVO transition. All right, Runway 32L I think, no problem. At the moment we only see clouds.
When approaching the 32L, the course to the runway is lost. We're off course and can't see the runway. We report a missed approach and carry out the standard procedure for the missed approach on the 32L. Course 200 degrees climb to 2000 Ft directly after CVO further rise to 3500. We quickly receive new instructions from the tower for the landing approach on the 32L. In the city I would have said I can't see the hand in front of my eyes. How can such weather be here in the afternoon?
We start our approach from the beginning. In the end, we will safely touch down 32 links on the runway. Then the shock of the tower tells us that we touched down on the wrong runway and that would have consequences. I am a little bit confused. I'll report back that we touched down on the designated runway. In any case, I can report to the tower right away. That will be another paperwork and discussion. After discussions with the representatives of the aviation authorities and listening to the tapes with the radio traffic, the preliminary result is clear. I've landed on the right track. What led to the misunderstanding with the tower colleague remains open.
Unfortunately, it's now 11:00 p.m. and my fellow travelers have been waiting for me on the plane for hours.
We'll get a taxi to Suez.
Where at Gandalf's long beard can I get a drink here, I'm really pissed off.

Greetings to the CB2 crew

Guten Mittag, (Nacht) an alle Mitflieger.

Was ein Tag...

Nachdem die CB 2 Crew massiv verschlafen hat gab es kein Frühstück mehr. Wir haben uns dann sofort zum Flughafen aufgemacht, wo uns die Eule etwas zu essen organisiert hat.

In der Zeit habe ich den Flugplan schnell an schlampig zusammengebastelt damit wir rechtzeitig starten können. Ich habe mir einen Flughafen in Dabei habe ich mir einen Flughafen in der Nähe von Kairo gesucht, auf dem unsere Maschine landen kann. Ich habe den Flugplan eingereicht und er wurde auch so genehmigt. Unser Flug Management Tool wollte den Zielflughafen nicht annehmen und meinte, auf der Landebahn dürften wir nicht landen. Ich habe das nicht verstanden, also habe ich manuell einen Flug Plan zusammengestellt. Wir bekamen die Anweisung den Start über die Bahn 33 auszuführen, auf dieser Bahn hatten wir beim Rückenwind. Trotz Nachfrage beim Tower sollten wir diesen Start auf dieser Bahn durchführen.
Weiter ging es mit Hilfe des Towers VFR Richtung Alexandria. Nach dem Start Runway HDG dann auf Kurs 092 dann weiter auf Kurs 121. Von Alexandria wollten wir dann mit Kurs 131Richtung Suez abdrehen? Ich habe dann noch ein wenig am MFD herumgefummelt um herauszufinden warum ich nicht zu dem gewählten Flughafen steuern kann. Plötzlich fiel die GPS-Navigation für den Bereich komplett aus. Mann bin ich dämlich auf unserem Navigationsinstrument fehlt der komplette Bereich Ägypten und die angeschlossenen arabischen Länder.
Mein erster Gedanke war, man hangelt sich an den Funkfeuern an der Küste entlang bis Alexandria und landet dort um das zu fixen. Das haben wir dann auch gemacht.

Jetzt versuche ich während des. Fluges in der Landeerlaubnis in Alexandria zu kriegen, um über das Internet die fehlenden Bereiche herunterladen zu können. Der Fix lief dann folgendermaßen ab: Erst aufs mobile Phone, vom mobile Phone in die Install Box, von der Install Box in das MFD.

Nach einem Update, der Navigationsdaten funktioniert unsere MFD und die Navigation einwandfrei. Jetzt brauchen wir nur noch einen Flugplan von Alexandria. Richtung Kairo. Nach dem Kurzbesuch auf dem Flughafen Alexandria. Sind wir mit einem neuen Flugplan über die Startbahn 32 gestartet. Unsere Restflugzeit bis Kairo beträgt circa 50 Minuten. Der Blick aus dem Flugzeug ermöglicht uns einen Blick auf eine grüne Landschaft. Ich hatte nicht erwartet hier so viel grün zu sehen. Unser Flug führt und vorbei bei an EL Naga Village und weiter an Nader vorbei Richtung Kairo.

Unser Landeanflug wird uns vom Tower mitgeteilt. Auf Runway 32 links, mit der CVO Transition. Alles klar Runway 32L denk ich, kein Problem. Momentan sehen wir nur Wolken.
Bei dem Landeanflug auf die 32L geht der Kurs zur Landebahn verloren. Wir sind vom Kurs abgekommen und sehen die Landebahn nicht. Wir melden einen Missed Approch und führen die Standardprocedur für den Missed Approch auf der 32L durch. Kurs 200 Grad Climb to 2000 Ft direkt nach CVO weiter steigen auf 3500. Schnell bekommen wir vom Tower neue Anweisungen für den Landeanflug auf die 32L. In der Stadt hätte ich behauptet ich kann die Hand vor den Augen nicht sehen. Wie kann hier nachmittags so ein Wetter sein?

Wir beginnen unseren Landeanflug von vorne. Am Ende setzen wir sicher auf der Landebahn 32 Links auf. Danach der Shock der der Tower teilt uns dann mit, wir hätten auf der falschen Landebahn aufgesetzt und das hätte noch ein Nachspiel.  Ich bin etwas irritiert. Ich melde zurück wir hätten auf der Vorgesehenen Landebahn aufgesetzt.  Jedenfalls darf ich mich gleich beim Tower melden. Das wird wieder ein Papierkram und eine Diskussion geben. Nach Gesprächen mit den Vertretern der Luftfahrtbehörden und anhören der Bänder mit dem Funkverkehr steh das vorläufige Ergebnis fest. Ich bin auf der richtigen Bahn gelandet. Was zu dem Missverständnis mit dem Kollegen vom Tower geführt hat bleibt offen.
Dummer weise haben wir mittlerweile 23:00 und meine Mitreisenden warten schon seit Stunden am Flieger auf mich.
Wir besorgen uns ein Taxi nach Suez.
Wo bei Gandalf langen Bart bekomme ich hier was zu trinken, ich bin echt angefressen.

Gruß die CB2 Crew

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-29 11.18.41.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-29 11.19.28.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-29 12.04.22.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-29 12.11.17.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-29 13.27.09.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-29 13.39.41.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-29 14.03.24.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-29 14.25.37.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-29 14.35.14.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-29 14.52.37.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-29 14.53.14.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-29 15.10.16.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-29 15.17.42.png

• Like 2

Good Morning all.
After the somewhat exciting flight yesterday, with which there were hardly any opportunities to enjoy the sights of the Egyptian landscape, we decided to change our previous flight route along the coast to our intermediate destination "Marsa Alam" INTL. We want to follow the Nile on its way through Egypt. After a short time we worked out a VFR route along the Niel, which is 110 NM longer, but the landscape is more beautiful.
After the good start preparations we went out via runway 23 Links and this time without discussing with the air traffic controllers whether we are on the right runway. After the start we turned left to 210. We follow the Niel upstream to 3500 feet. We have lowered the planned altitude of 5500 feet, which we need to fly over the mountains near Luxor, to the current altitude of 3500 feet, after consultation with the tower. At the altitude we can enjoy the landscape without not being able to see the ground in the existing cloud layer. At 3500 feet we are currently just below the cloud cover.
After the start, our course passed Helwan Arab al Sabayr and countless smaller towns. On the way further up the Nile, we fly over Beni Suef, Al Fasan, Maghagha, Malawi, Asyut, Sohag and finally Luxor. At “Naga Hammadi” we rise again to 5500 feet to cross the mountains and then to reach Luxor on the other side. There were brief discussions on board as to whether we should change our destination airport from Marsa Alam to Luxor. So that we can see the sights tonight. The decision was made for us by the fuel gauge. 30 NM behind Luxus, I notice that the existing tank will not be enough to reach the “HEMA” airport. Cancel the flight plan and plan a landing in Luxor, connect to the tower, we will be assigned to runway 20. We are number 2 in the queue because I reported the tower that the fuel was running out. We fly a LOC ILS direct approach via XIL11 and land safely on the runway.
That was close, we landed on the track with the remaining reserve.
We roll to the assigned parking space and I can ask my two fellow passengers what went wrong with the fuel calculation. I'm looking for the mistake in the calculations. We had more headwinds than expected, whether that is the cause. I have a phone call with the air service because of the low amount of fuel and any "special maintenance" on the machine.Since I am pretty exhausted, I postpone the analysis of the fuel harvest until tomorrow and let my fellow pilots drag me into the Valley of the Kings.

Greetings from Egypt the CB2 Crew

Guten Morgen zusammen.

Nach dem etwas aufregenden Flug gestern, bei dem es kaum Möglichkeiten gab, uns an den der Sehenswürdigkeiten der ägyptischen Landschaft zu erfreuen haben wir beschlossen unsere bisherige Flugroute an der Küste entlang zu unserem Zwischenziel "Marsa Alam" INTL umzustellen. Wir wollen dem Nil auf seinem Weg durch Ägypten folgen. Nach kurzer Zeit haben wir eine VFR Route entlang des Nils ausgearbeitet, die zwar 110 NM länger, dafür aber Landschaftlich schöner ist.

Nach den guten Startvorbereitungen sind wir dann über die Bahn 23 Links sind raus gegangen und dieses Mal ohne Diskussion mit den Fluglotsen, ob wir auf der richtigen Bahn sind. Nach dem Start haben wir dann nach Links auf 210 abgedreht. Wir folgen dem Nil Flussaufwärts auf 3500 Fuß. Die vorgesehene Flughöhe von 5500 Fuß, die wir zum Überfliegen der Berge bei Luxor brauchen, haben wir, nach Absprache mit dem Turm, auf die aktuelle Flughöhe von 3500 Fuß gesenkt. Auf dieser Flughöhe können wir die Landschaft genießen ohne in der vorhandenen Wolkenschicht den Boden nicht sehen zu können. Auf 3500 Fuß sind wir aktuell knapp unter der Wolkendecke.
Nach dem Start führte unser Kurs an Helwan Arab al Sabayr und unzähligen kleineren Orten vorbei. Weiter auf dem Weg weiter den Nil hinauf, überfliegen wir Beni Suef, Al Fasan, Maghagha, Malawi, Asyut, Sohag und schlussendlich an Luxor. Bei „Naga Hammadi“ steigen wir wieder auf 5500 Fuß, um das Gebirge zu überqueren und auf der anderen Seite dann Luxor zu erreichen. An Bord gab es kurze Diskussionen, ob wir unseren Zielflughafen von Marsa Alam nicht auf Luxor ändern sollten, damit wir heute Abend die Sehenswürdigkeiten anschauen können. Die Entscheidung wurde uns durch die Tankanzeigen abgenommen. 30 NM hinter Luxus merke ich, dass die vorhandene Tankfüllung nicht bis Flughafen „HEMA“ reichen wird. Flugplan abmelden und eine Landung in Luxor planen, Verbindung mit dem Tower aufnehmen, uns wird die Bahn 20 zugewiesen. Wir sind Nr. 2 in der Warteschlange, da ich dem Tower den knappen Treibstoff gemeldet habe. Wir fliegen über XIL11 einen LOC ILS Direkt Anflug und setzen sicher auf der Bahn auf.
Das war knapp! Wir sind mit der Restreserve auf der Bahn gelandet.

Wir rollen zum angewiesenen Abstellplatz und ich kann mich den Fragen meiner beiden Mitflieger stellen, was bei der Treibstoffberechnung schiefgelaufen ist. Ich suche den Fehler in den Berechnungen. Wir hatten mehr Gegenwind als erwartet. Ob das die Ursache ist? Ich führe ein Telefonat mit dem Airservice wegen der geringen Treibstoffmenge und eventuellen „Sonderwartungen“ an der Maschine. Da ich ziemlich fertig bin, vertage ich die Analyse der Treibstoffberechnung auf morgen und lasse mich von meinen Mitfliegern in das Tal der Könige schleifen.

Grüße aus Ägypten die CB2 Crew.

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-30 10.28.23.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-30 11.24.17.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-30 11.25.06.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-30 11.51.53.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-30 12.04.24.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-30 13.18.30.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-30 14.01.51.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-30 14.11.37.png

Treibstoff.png

• Like 2

Hi, everyone

If you are fresh and well rested, you can find the error in the fuel calculation relatively quickly. By changing our flight plan yesterday, I took the old course too late and not the new course. Man, am I a sucker. That can't happen.
We have now agreed on it. That will do 2 calculations. The copilot does one and the pilot does one. Then it will be checked by our flight attendant, if this happens to us here on the desert trip or later in the ice, we have very bad cards. Yes, we are going out now in Luxor on the train 23 and fly to Port Gahlib. We carry out the approach and landing without electronic aids, so that we do not get out of the exercise, purely supervision, flight. We had already clarified this with the tower, as there is not much air traffic. Anyone who has permission to carry out this visual approach, in ideal weather conditions.
Ball hating moves between us. Iceland over. While I am doing the maintenance of the aircraft here, my fellow pilots drive to Marsa Alam. They buy provisions and get some cash
After about 3 hours you will be back, I have the flight plan ready. As discussed, fuel calculations are carried out and checked twice. Submit flight plan, pre-flight check, start the machine, taxi clearance, "backtrak" to runway 15. We roll off and see a small, luminous point coming towards us. "That's not the case," my co-pilot calls out, I inform the tower that once we have cleared, we will taxi to runway 15 and that a landing plane is coming towards us. The tower radioed the machine, no response. I want to get off the track, into the greenery, there we see the machine take off. Now I have a heart rate of 200. My copilot takes over taxiing until the end of the tram and the start. We turn the machine, the go-ahead is given, then we go out via track 15.
We are quickly over the Red Sea and climb to 7,500 feet. Shortly after reaching our planned altitude, we can see the mountains behind the opposite coast.
I check the maps with our flight plan again and realize that we have to fly over the mountain region in front of Medina at 9300 feet. Via HF we get permission to climb to 9300 feet and then climb to this altitude.
I hope that we can see the port city of Jebel Jar on the other side of the Red Sea. It would be damage through an overcast sky to be unable to see anything again.
After about 50 minutes of flight time we reach the Saudi Arabian coast.
Jaba Hassan Island passes below us, we have already left the coastal region and are heading for the mountains. A rugged, unreal mountain region can be seen in front of us.
As is so often the case when I fly through mountains, I have the feeling that the mountain peaks are within my grasp. Always an uplifting feeling for me. Even in this barren region you can see vegetation everywhere. To be able to fly through such a landscape proves to me again how beautiful our planet is.
Small and large towns pass below us. We follow road 8462. Then we follow road 328 and then follow road 43 towards the final approach point for Medina airport. "The owl" had bought road maps so that we could navigate VFR well. Now we have about 30 minutes to the final approach point, I am slowly starting to plan the landing. We received the LS approach to runway 35 from AVATO. I set the MDF for the landing approach. Meanwhile the galley has prepared a small snack. I use the opportunity in which my co-pilot is flying to take a close look at the landscape. We really fly past an impressive landscape. I am amazed how many small towns and settlements there are along the way. As we leave the mountain region behind us, we see a large, flat plain in which the Medina lies. The city is up-to-date from our point of view. Just so recognizable and extends over a large area in the landscape. The landing is unspectacular in good weather and we taxi to the specified parking position.
We will now do something for our education and explore Medina with a guide.

--------------

Hallo zusammen

Wenn man frisch und ausgeschlafen ist, findet man den Fehler in der Fuel Berechnung relativ schnell. Durch die Änderung unseres Flugplans gestern habe ich den alten Kurs zu spät Berechnungen genommen und nicht den neuen Kurs. Mann, bin ich ein Trottel. Das darf nicht passieren.

Wir haben uns jetzt darauf geeinigt. Das wird 2 Berechnungen durchführen. Der Copilot führt eine durch, und der Pilot führt eine durch. Dann wird sie von unserer Flugbegleiterin gegen kontrolliert, wenn uns das hier auf dem Wüstentrip oder später im Eis passiert, haben wir ganz schlechte Karten. Ja, wir gehen jetzt in Luxor raus über die Bahn 23 Und fliegen Port Gahlib an. Wir führen den Anflug und die Landung ohne elektronische Hilfsmittel durch, damit wir nicht aus der Übung kommen rein Aufsicht, Flug. Wir hatten das auch schon mit dem Tower abgeklärt, da nicht viel Flugverkehr ist. Wer die Genehmigung diesen Sichtanflug durchzuführen, bei idealen Wetterbedingungen.

Unter uns zieht ja Ball hassend. Island vorbei. Während ich hier kurz die Wartung des Flugzeugs durchführe fahren meine Mitflieger nach Marsa Alam. Sie kaufen Proviant und besorgen noch ein wenig Bargeld

Nach zirka 3 Stunden sind sie zurück, den Flugplan habe ich fertig. Wie besprochen werden Treibstoffberechnungen zwei Mal durchgeführt und kontrolliert. Flugplan einreichen, Vorflugkontrolle, Maschine starten, Rollfreigabe, „Backtrak“ zur Bahn 15. Wir rollen los und sehen einen kleinen Leuchtenden Punkt auf uns zukommen. „Das gibt’s doch nicht“ ruft mein Copilot, ich Informiere den Tower, dass wir nach der Freigabe auf der Bahn 15 zum Start rollen und uns ein landendes Flugzeug entgegenkommt. Der Tower funkt die Maschine an, keine Reaktion. Ich will schon von der Bahn runter, in das Grünzeug, da sehen wir die Maschine durchstarten. Jetzt habe ich Puls 200. Mein Copilot übernimmt das rollen bis zum Ende der Stadtbahn und den Start. Wir drehen die Maschine, die Startfreigabe erfolgt, dann gehen wir über die Bahn 15 raus.
Schnell sind wir über dem Rote Meer und steigen auf 7500 Fuß. Kurz nach erreichen unserer geplanten Flughöhe können wir die Berge hinter der gegenüberliegenden Küste erkennen.

Ich checke nochmal die Karten mit unserm Flugplan gegen und stelle fest, dass wir die Bergregion vor Medina auf 9300 Fuß überfliegen müssen. Über HF holen wir uns die Genehmigung zum Steigen auf 9300 Fuß ein um dann auf diese Flughöhe zu steigen.
Ich hoffe das wir auf der die Hafenstadt Jebel Jar, auf der anderen Seite des Roten Meers erkennen können. Es wäre Schaden durch bedeckten Himmel wieder nichts erkennen zu können.
Nach ca. 50 Minuten Flugzeit erreichen wir die Saudi-Arabische Küste.

Unter uns zieht Jaba Hassan Island vorbei, schon haben wir die Küstenregion verlassen und steuern auf das Gebirge zu. Eine schroffe unwirklich wirkende Bergregion ist vor uns zu sehen.
Wie so häufig, wenn ich durch Gebirge fliege habe ich das Gefühl, dass die Bergspitzen zum Greifen nah sind. Für mich immer wieder ein erhebendes Gefühl. Auch in dieser kargen Region sieht man überall Vegetation. Durch solche Landschaft fliegen zu können, beweist mir wieder wie schön unser Planet doch ist.

Unter uns ziehen kleinere und größere Orte vorbei. Wir folgen der Straße 8462. Danach folgen wir der Straße 328 um dann der Straße 43 Richtung Endanflugpunkt für den Flughafen Medina zu folgen. „Die Eule“ hatte noch Straßenkarten besorgt damit wir VFR gut navigieren können. Jetzt haben wir circa noch 30 Minuten bis zum Endeanflugpunkt, ich fange langsam mit der Landeplanung an. Wir haben den LS Anflug auf die Runway 35über AVATO genannt bekommen. Ich stelle das MDF für den Landeanflug ein. Währenddessen hat die Bordküche hat einen kleinen Snack vorbereitet. Ich nutze die Gelegenheit, in der mein Copilot fliegt, um mir die Landschaft genau anzusehen. Wir fliegen wirklich an einer beeindruckenden Landschaft vorbei. Ich bin verwundert, wie viele kleine Orte und Siedlungen es unterwegs gibt. Als wir die Bergregion hinter uns lassen, erkennen wir eine große, flache Ebene, in der Medina liegt. Die Stadt ist von unserer Warte aktuell aus. Gerade so zu erkennen und dehnt sich großflächig in der Landschaft aus. Die Landung ist bei gutem Wetter unspektakulär und wir rollen zur Angegeben Parkposition.
Wir werden nun etwas für unsre Bildung machen und mir einem Reiseführer Medina erkunden.

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-31 09.56.18.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-31 10.22.13.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-31 11.10.26.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-31 11.36.16.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-31 12.34.18.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-31 12.36.01.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-31 12.39.34.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-31 13.00.49.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-31 13.22.31.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-31 13.35.53.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-31 13.43.00.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2021-12-31 13.51.34.png

• Like 1

A little further, hello fellow flyers

Oh man, we were tired after the culture trip we did yesterday. We fell into bed at 1:00 am and we all overslept this morning. A lot of breakfast, we got something to eat at the airport and checked the machine thoroughly. All systems checked and checked according to the maintenance manual. The start preparations are running like clockwork in the team and everyone is helping. As agreed, the fuel plan was checked and recalculated by everyone, even our columnist is eagerly involved. Then we sat down and worked out a VFR flight plan that should take us to Riyadh, unfortunately the flight plan was not approved. We had to submit an IFR flight plan to Riyadh (OERK) with a minimum altitude of 15,000 feet. So we worked out a new flight plan based on the specifications.

According to the usual approval procedures. We then started on runway 35 from the “Prince Mohammad Bin Abdulaziz” airport and continued to climb to 15,000 feet during the SID. There the flight in the direction of Riyadh went without significant events.

Unfortunately we can hardly make out any landscape details at this altitude. It's a shame we would have wished for more exciting views of the landscape. We can see the barren and hardly populated landscape from this height. We can see small settlements everywhere, but by and large this area is rather sparsely populated. We carried out the approach to runway 15L using GPS and LNAV. Sometimes I'm really happy to have these little players on board. In the meantime it was pitch dark and nothing to be seen of the airport. (Did the colleagues not pay the electricity bill?) Through a layer of cloud we flew to the airport on the final approach. The firing was then visible about 1500 feet from the runway. The landing was a bit bumpy and we had to cover quite a bit of taxiway to be able to park the plane in front of a maintenance hangar.

--------

Wieder ein Stück weiter, hallo Mitflieger

Oh Mann, waren wir nach dem Kulturtrip, den wir gestern durchgeführt haben, müde. Wir sind um 01:00 ins Bett gefallen und haben heute Morgen alle verschlafen. Frühstück viel aus, wir haben uns auf dem Flughafen was zu essen besorgt, und haben die Maschine die Maschine gründlich durchgecheckt. Alle Systeme nach Wartungshandbuch geprüft und abgehakt. Die Startvorbereitungen laufen im Team wie am Schnürchen und alle packen mit an. Wie abgesprochen wurde der Treibstoffplan von jedem Kontrolliert und nachgerechnet, sogar unsere Kolumnistin ist mit Eifer dabei.  Dann haben wir uns zusammengesetzt und einen VFR Flugplan ausgearbeitet der uns nach Riyadh bringen soll, leider wurde der Flugplan nicht genehmigt. Wir mussten einen IFR Flugplan nach Riyadh (OERK) einreichen mit einer Minimum Flughöhe von 15000 Fuß. Also haben wir einen neuen Flugplan anhand der Vorgaben ausgearbeitet.

Nach den üblichen Freigabeprozeduren. Sind wir dann über die Startbahn 35 auf vom “Prinz Mohammad Bin Abdulaziz“ Flughafen gestartet und während dem SID weiter auf 15000 Fuß gestiegen. Dort verlief der Flug Richtung Riyadh ohne nennenswerte Ereignisse.

Leider können wir auf dieser Flughöhe kaum Landschaftliche Details ausmachen. Schade wir hätten und spannendere Ausblicke auf die Landschaft gewünscht. Wir können die recht karge und kaum besiedelte Landschaft von dieser Höhe gut überblicken. Wir können zwar überall kleine Siedlungen erkennen, aber im Großen und Ganzen ist diese Gegend hier eher dünn besiedelt. Der Landeanflug auf die Bahn 15L haben wir per GPS und LNAV durchgeführt. Manchmal bin ich echt froh diese kleinen Spielerein an Bord zu haben. Mittlerweile war es Stockdunkel und vom Flughafen nichts zu sehen. (Haben die Kollegen die Stromrechnung nicht gezahlt?) durch einige Wolkenschicht sind wir im Endanflug auf den Flughafen geflogen. Ca. 1500 Fuß vor der Landebahn (15L) war dann die Feuerung zu erkennen. Die Landung war etwas holperig und wir mussten einiges an Rollstrecke zurücklegen um den Flieger vor einer Wartungshalle abstellen zu können.

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-01 12.28.04.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-01 13.32.38.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-01 13.42.29.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-01 14.02.09.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-01 14.33.44.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-01 15.51.18.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-01 15.36.54.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-01 16.13.45.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-01 16.16.21.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-01 16.01.57.png

• Like 4

Have a good morning.
After a quiet. And slept through the night at the Madareem Crown Hotel., For the crew. I spent the night in a hammock hungry. Since I wanted to be there when the aircraft was inspected, I only had short periods of rest. I handed the control stick over to the copilot today and will take a rest during the flight. The entire flight planning and flight phase are carried out today by the co-pilot as the pilot in charge. I helped with controls and navigation.
We are on the VFR today, but we have to stay at 6000 feet. Unfortunately we are already back on the road in thick clouds. We follow road 522 through the thick layers of cloud and have to keep correcting our course. The cloud cover tears up at Sa'ad and we can follow the road towards Khurais.
During our flight we keep to the north of the road. At 6000 feet we can see the road and the high-voltage line that runs alongside it. The substation can hardly be seen, all electrical cables lead there. Some houses near the street can also be seen. While I sit comfortably in the copilot's seat, I ponder whether I could live and live here. I suspect that the people who live here would not feel comfortable with us in the cities. We continue towards Al Hofuf, from Al Tuhaimlya we can no longer follow the road. It continues with the heading 070 degrees. Past "Asfar Lake" towards Bahrain. Shortly before Al Uqayr we get the information that the desired destination airport "OBBS" is not allowed to be approached. We're getting the airport. Bahrain, Sakhir AB specified as the destination airport.
Heavy rain awaits us on the coast. I am a bit surprised that I did not expect and was not reported. In heavy and heavy rain it goes out on the open sea.

My co-pilot has beads of sweat on his forehead by now. I'm quickly working out a new flight plan to the airport. When I try to enter the plan into the MFDS, the airport cannot be found. We get a VFR landing clearance at the tower and navigate to the airport with a VOR cross bearing. When approaching downwind we find that the airport does not exist. (at least not in the X-Plane scenery). The current pilot is about to have a heart attack. So look for another landing point. Hopefully we have factored in to the fuel calculation that the owl whines. I calm her down and tell her there is enough fuel, we still have 50% fuel on board.
A connection is quickly established with the center and a new flight plan to the "OBBI" airport is sent and the approvals are obtained. We will approach runway 30R by ILS DME. We will carry out the final approach via approach point KH35. That takes us past Durat Aal Bahrain. We quickly reconnect with the tower and fly to "OBBI" Bahrain International Airport. This airport exists in both electronics and scenery. Following instructions from the tower, we go into the ILS final approach on runway 30 R. Meanwhile, I relax in the copilot's seat. Our communist asked again if we had enough fuel for all of these maneuvers that we were flying. I tell her again that we still have a 50% full tank.
 The pilot switches off the autopilot and we are in the final on runway 30R. Bahrain International begins. The good one is drenched in sweat. We land safely at the airport and taxi to our specified parking space. Carry out the last checks on the plane and then off to the hotel, hopefully with the SPA. Before that, I grab my pilot colleague and allow myself to do a little maneuver criticism.

Einen schönen Guten Morgen

Nach einer ruhigen. Und durchgeschlafen Nacht im Madareem Crown Hotel., Für die Besatzung. Ich habe die Nacht in einer Hängematte im Hunger verbracht. Da ich Bei der Inspektion des Flugzeugs dabei sein wollte, hatte ich nur kurze Ruhephasen. Ich habe den Steuerknüppel heute an den Copiloten übergeben und werde mich während des Flugs etwas ausruhen. Die gesamte Flugplanung und Flugphase werden heute vom Copiloten als verantwortlichen Flugzeugführer durchgeführt. Ich habe bei den Kontrollen und der Navigation unterstützt.
Wir sind heute VFR Unterwegs, müssen aber auf 6000 Fuß bleiben. Leider sind wir schon wieder in dicker Bewölkung Unterwegs. Wir folgen der Straße 522 durch die dicken Wolkenschichten  hindurch und müssen immer wieder den Kurs korrigieren. Die Wolkendecke reißt bei Sa'ad auf und wir können der Straße Richtung Khurais folgen.
Während unseres Fluges halten wir uns nördlich von der Straße, Auf 6000 Fuß können wir die Straße und die dann nebenher führende Hochspannungsleitung gut erkennen. Das Umspannwerk ist kaum zu erkennen, dort führen alle Elektroleitungen hin. Einige Häuser in der Nähe der Straße sind auch zu erkennen. Während ich gemütlich auf dem Copilotensitz, sitze sinniere ich darüber nach, ob ich hier leben und Wohnen könnte. Ich vermute, die Leute die hier wohnen würden sich bei uns in den Städten nicht wohlfühlen. Weiter geht es Richtung Al Hofuf,  ab Al Tuhaimlya können wir nicht mehr der Straße nicht mehr folgen. Weiter geht es mit den Steuerkurs 070 Grad. Vorbei an „Asfar Lake“ in Richtung Bahrain. Kurz vor Al Uqayr bekommen wir die Information, dass gewünschte Zielflughafen „OBBS“ nun doch nicht als Angeflogen werden darf. Wir bekommen den Flughafen. Bahrain, Sakhir AB als Zielflughafen angegeben. . An der Küste erwartet uns starker Regen. Ich bin etwas verwundert das hatte ich nicht erwartet und war auch nicht gemeldet. In Heftigen und starken Regen geht es auf offenem Meer heraus hinaus

Meinem Copiloten stehen mittlerweile die Schweißperlen auf der Stirn. Ich arbeite schnell einen neuen Flugplan zu dem Flughafen aus. Als ich den Plan in das MFDS eingeben will wird der Flughafen nicht gefunden. Wir holen und beim Tower eine VFR Landefreigaben und navigieren mit VOR Kreuzpeilung zum Flughafen. Beim Downwind stellen wir fest, dass der Flughafen nicht existiert. (zumindest nicht in der X-Plane Szenerie). Der aktuelle Flugzeugführer ist knapp vorm Herzinfarkt. Also einen anderen Landepunkt suchen. Hoffentlich haben wir bei der Sprit Berechnung das mit einkalkuliert jammert die Eule. Ich beruhige sie, und sage ihr der Sprit reicht wir haben noch 50 % Treibstoff an Bord.
Schnell wird Verbindung mit dem Center aufgenommen und ein neuer Flugplan zum Flughafen „OBBI“ durchgegeben und die Freigaben eingeholt. Wir werden per ILS DME Anflug auf die Bahn 30R durchführen. Den Endanflug werden wir über den Anflugpunkt KH35 durchführen. Das führt uns an Durat Aal Bahrain vorbei. Schnell nehmen wir wieder Verbindung mit dem Tower auf und fliegen nach „OBBI“ Bahrain International Flughafen. Dieser Flughafen existiert sowohl in der Elektronik, also und der Szenerie. Nach Anweisungen des Towers gehen wir in den ILS Endanflug auf die Bahn 30 R  Ich entspanne mich derweil auf dem Copiloten Sitz. Unsere Kommunistin hat zum wiederholten Mal gefragt, ob wir auch genug Sprit haben für diese ganzen Manöver, die wir fliegen. Ich sage ihr noch mal, dass wir einen noch zu 50 % vollen Tank haben.

Der Flugzeugführerschaltet der Autopilot aus und wir sind im Final auf die Bahn 30R. Bahrain International beginnt.  Der gute ist Schweißgebadet.  Wir Landen sicher auf dem Flughafen und rollen zu unserem angegebenen Abstellplatz. Die letzten Kontrollen am Flieger durchführen und dann ab ins Hotel, hoffentlich mit SPA. Vorher schnappe ich mir meinen Pilotenkollegen und erlaube mir ein wenig Manöverkritik durchzuführen.

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-02 12.18.09.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-02 12.29.31.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-02 12.29.40.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-02 13.28.28.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-02 13.35.45.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-02 13.40.24.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-02 13.45.08.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-02 14.01.58.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-02 14.03.27.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-02 14.05.06.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-02 14.18.26.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-02 14.18.45.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-02 14.28.39.png

• Like 3

Hi fellow Kodiak crew,

thanks for the update! We will take a very similar route on tuesday. Our plan is to go from Port Said to Suez in low altitude (we have a special permit for this), and then we will go to Ha'il (OEHL) and from there continue to OBBI just like you. Then we plan to go to Chabahar Konorak airport (OIZC) in southern Iran and from there to Gandhidham (VAKE) in India as last stop before Mumbai. It is a bit strange route, I know. But we wanted to avoid Pakistan as it might cause major trouble on entry in India afterwards. Oman might be a good alternative to Iran, but that route would be very close to our range limits. Iran seems safe. We had no problems to get the visa, but there are conflicting reports about current Corona handling at the airports. We are prepared to stay over night in the plane in Chabahar - it might simplify things...

Iran or Oman - we will decide by the end of the week in Bahrain.

Viel Glück weiterhin!

lg

Filip

Hi fellow travelers.
After the somewhat chaotic flight yesterday, my “fellow pilot” deserved a break.
He was dissatisfied with his landing. I sent him to the SPA yesterday so he could relax a little. This morning we went through yesterday's landing again at breakfast. I'm wondering if he should do a few more approaches. Today he has a rest day for the time being. I'm not expecting anything exciting for today's flight. After breakfast we went to the airport, refueled the machine and carried out the usual checks. Then we are in the direction. Broke out in Dubai. Our flight path takes us to 15,000 feet. Via Qatar, further over the Persian Gulf towards Dubai. We fly over the port facilities of "Ruwais Port" and "Ras Laffan". We are leaving Qatar and are now flying over the Persian Gulf. At the moment we can make out a small island among ourselves, on which you can barely see industry.
But the water is already disappearing beneath us under a thick layer of cloud. We fly over several smaller islands before we reach "Abu Dabi".
Our descent begins at “Sir Abu Na’Ayr”. For the approach to “Abu Dabi” we are assigned the GERU3Z transition from the tower, which we follow to “UKSUL”, and then turn into the final approach.
On the way the clouds tear open briefly and we can take a look at the "The Palm Jebel Ali" facility.
We already have to concentrate on flying again, because the information comes from the center: "Kodiak Mike Delta Echo You have traffic at Two O'Clock Five miles at Flight Level One Eight Zero".
We can't see another plane in the clouds, so I report: "Kodiak Mike Delta Echo Traffic not In Sight". TECAS says everyone is fine, the plane is not at our altitude. There's a lot going on here. We with our "slow" Kodiak between all the vacationer jets.his goes on until we get the radio message from the center: "Kodiak Mike Delta Echo Altimeter Two Niner Eight Five at DUBAI AL MAKTOUM INTERNATIONAL Contact Tower on ... .., enjoy your evening".
We report to the tower and get clearance for the final approach: “Kodiak Mike Delta Echo good evening. Radar Contact. Continue ILS to Runway Three Zero. Call when established on Final ". At that time only instrument flight is possible due to the dense cloud cover.
We continue to fly by instruments and a short time later we are in the final:
I report to the tower: "Kodiak Mike Delta Echo established on Final" from the tower comes the clearance "Kodiak Mike Delta Echo Whinds are Three Zero Eight at One Zero knots Cleared to Land Runway Three Zero"
A short time later we touch up. We can take the first exit and get our parking position at the "Ground". We shut down the aircraft and carry out the post-flight checks.
Today we have to take care of our equipment again and bring the machine up to scratch. Then we look for a nice place and there is something delicious to eat.
------------------

Hi Mitreisende.

Nach dem etwas chaotischen Flug gestern hatte mein „Mitpilot“ sich eine Ruhepause verdient.
Er war mit seiner Landung unzufrieden. Ich habe ihn gestern zum SPA geschickt damit er sich etwas erholen kann. Heute Morgen sind wir die Landung von gestern beim Frühstück nochmal durchgegangen. Ich überlege ob er nicht ein paar mehr Landeanflüge machen soll. Heute hat er erstmal Ruhetag. Für den heutigen Flug erwarte ich nichts Aufregendes. Nach dem Frühstück sind wir zum Flughafen, haben die Maschine aufgetankt, haben die üblichen Kontrollen durchgeführt. Danach sind wir dann in Richtung. Dubai aufgebrochen. Unser Flugweg führt uns auf 15000 Fuß. Über Qatar, weiter über den Persischen Golf Richtung Dubai. Wir überfliegen die die Hafenanlagen von „Ruwais Port“ und „Ras Laffan“. Wir verlassen Qatar und fliegen jetzt über den Persischen Golf. Aktuell können wir unter uns eine kleine Insel aus machen, auf der man ganz knapp Industrie erkennen kann.
Doch schon verschwindet das Wasser unter uns unter einer dicken Wolkenschicht. Wir überfliegen noch etliche kleinere Inseln bevor wir „Abu Dabi“ erreichen.
Bei „Sir Abu Na’Ayr“ beginnt unser Sinkflug. Für den Anflug auf „Abu Dabi“ bekommen wir vom Tower den GERU3Z Transition zugewiesen, der wir bis “UKSUL“ folgen, um dann in den Endanflug einzudrehen.
Unterwegs reißen die Wolken kurz auf und wir können einen Blick auf die Anlage „The Palm Jebel Ali“ werfen.
Schon müssen wir uns wieder auf das fliegen konzentrieren, denn vom Center kommt die Info: „Kodiak Mike Delta Echo You have traffic at Two O'Clock  Five miles at Flight Level One Eight Zero“.
Wir können keinen weiteren Flieger in den Wolken ausmachen, also melde ich:  „Kodiak Mike Delta Echo Traffic not In Sight“. Das TECAS sagt alle gut der Flieger ist nicht auf unserer Flughöhe. Hier ist ganz schön was los. Wir mit unserer „langsamen“ Kodiak zwischen all den Urlauber-Jets.
Das geht so weiter bis wir dann vom Center die Funkmeldung kommt: „Kodiak Mike Delta Echo Altimeter Two Niner Eight Five at DUBAI AL MAKTOUM  INTERNATIONAL  Contact Tower on …..,  enjoy your evening“ .
Wir melden uns beim Tower  und bekommen die Freigabe für den Endanflug: „Kodiak Mike Delta Echo  good evening .  Radar Contact.  Continue  ILS  to Runway Three Zero. Call when established on Final“. Zu dem Zeitpunkt ist nur Instrumentenflug, aufgrund der dichten Wolkendecke, möglich.
Wir fliegen weiter nach Instrumenten und sind kurze Zeit später im Final:
Ich melde zum Tower: „Kodiak Mike Delta Echo established on Final“ vom Tower kommt die Freigabe „Kodiak Mike Delta Echo Whinds are Three Zero Eight at One Zero knots  Cleared to Land Runway Three Zero“
Kurze Zeit später setzen wir auf. Wir können die erste Ausfahrt nehmen, und holen uns beim „Ground“ unsere Parkposition. Wir stellen die Maschine ab und führen die Nachflugkontrollen durch.
Heute müssen wir uns nochmal um unsere Ausrüstung kümmern und die Maschine auf „Vordermann“ bringen. Dann suchen wir uns ein Schönes Lokal und es gibt was Leckeres zu essen.

2022-01-03 17_53_55-Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-03 13.03.34.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-03 13.07.17.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-03 13.16.51.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-03 14.14.28.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-03 14.30.54.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-03 14.54.21.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-03 15.01.22.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-03 15.04.00.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-03 15.11.23.png

• Like 1

Hello fellow flyers.

Actually the morning started pretty well; We had breakfast in the hotel and then drove to the airport quite early. We had planned a VFR flight to Muscat. The weather forecast for it looked bad, however. We then have two flight plans, a VFR and an IFR. We wanted to decide which one to submit at short notice. We had taken with us at the briefing that there would be a strong wind today. Performed pre-flight checks, then we submitted the VFR flight plan because we thought we could handle the Kodiak.
Approval to start the engine obtained and the engine started. Somehow the turbine sounds strange, a singing and somehow uneven running. I ask my copilot if he can confirm that. It confirms the out-of-round running of the engine. I look again at the instruments and see that the ITT fluctuates. I'm shutting down the turbine. The engine is not really my thing, but I tap a sensor. So we get a maintenance company who fortunately have time. The employees read the data from the turbine and look at the log. After consulting his colleagues, the mechanic says that a sensor that supplies data for the ECU is defective. The part will be available in 3 to 4 days. I ask the mechanics to wait a moment and we will check our spare parts store for the trip to see if such a sensor is available. Fortunately, we took exactly this sensor with us. By the way: Thanks to the mechanics who helped us with putting together the spare parts list.
We were able to replace the sensor relatively quickly with our colleagues from the repair service. Now we still have to go to the standstill, everything was a little easier here than at the home airport. Only then could we start preparations again.
The three quarters of the day was now up, so our plan to carry out the VFR flight to Muscat had fallen into the water. We quickly revised and submitted our IFR flight plan. After the usual preparations for the start, we started at around 4:00 p.m. local time on Bahn30. Meanwhile the wind had picked up again. For the start we were predicted to be 14 knots crosswind. With that we were close to the Kodiak's limit for launch. As we taxied to take off, a bigger machine, I think it was a 737, with a lot of bench on the right main landing gear, hit the ground and rolled over the track. Fortunately, nothing else happened and the pilot got the plane under control. An MD 80 went out in front of us and we had to wait for it to. Vortex had warped from the start.
As a precaution, I put out a few bags because I feared it would be a very bumpy flight. After taking off, we were pushed to the side quite massively and I had to counter-steer vigorously so that we could stay on course. At around 16-18 knots of crosswind, the machine dances strongly around the yaw axis. The machine sagged several times and rocked wildly from left to right. After a few minutes' flight, our columnist picked up the bag and leaned back in her seat with a green face. We then climbed to 13,000 feet as quickly as possible. From about 7000 feet it became much quieter. We were on our way towards Muscat with a tail wind of 45 knots. Our flight speed over ground is partly 225 knots, while the IAS is only 141 knots. After about an hour of flight time we get the current weather for Muscat, light winds from viable directions are announced. That means we shouldn't have any problems.
What did I say, now it's the cloud cover again. It almost reaches the floor.
We were hoping the mountains. Well then an ILS approach at the airport. We fly over the approach point M15ER and turn into the approach to the runway. Autopilot off and the approach by hand towards 26R. We landed at the airport with ILS without any problems. I'm gradually getting used to the bad weather. That seems to be standard on the trip. We did the night flight controls quickly. Then the usual formalities and off to the hotel.

Hallo Mitflieger.

Eigentlich begann der Morgen ganz gut; wie haben im Hotel gefrühstückt und sind dann recht früh zum Flughafen gefahren. Geplant hatten wir einen VFR Flug Richtung Muscat. Dire Wetterprognose dafür sah allerdings schlecht aus. Wir haben dann zwei Flugpläne erstell einen VFR und eine IFR. Wir wollten kurzfristig entscheiden welchen wir einreichen. Wir hatten beim Briefing mitgenommen das heute ein starker Wind wehen würde. Vorflugkontrollen durchgeführt, dann haben wir den VFR Flugplan eingereicht, da wir dachten, dass wir das mit der Kodiak hinbekommen.
Freigabe zum Anlassen des Triebwerks geholt und das Triebwerk angelassen. Irgendwie hört sich die Turbine seltsam an, ein singen und irgendwie unrunder Lauf. Ich frage meinen Copiloten, ob er das bestätigen kann. Er bestätigt den unrunden Lauf des Triebwerks. Ich schaue nochmal auf die Instrumente, und sehe das die ITT schwankt.  Ich fahre die Turbine runter. Triebwerk ist nicht wirklich mein Ding, aber ich Tippe auf einen Sensor Also besorgen wir uns eine Wartungsfirma, die auf glücklicherweise Zeit haben. Die Mitarbeiter lesen die Daten der Turbine aus und sehen sich das Protokoll an. Nach Beratung mit seinen Kollegen meint der Mechaniker, dass ein Sensor, der Daten für die ECU, liefert defekt ist. Das Teil sein in 3 bis 4 Tagen zu bekommen. Ich bitte die Mechaniker einen Moment zu warten, und wir schauen in unserem Ersatzteillager für die Reise nach ob so ein Sensor vorhanden ist. Zum Glück haben wir genau diesen Sensor mitgenommen. By the way: Danke an die Mechaniker die uns bei dem Zusammenstellen, der Ersatzteilliste, geholfen haben.
Mit den Kollegen vom Reparatur-Service konnten wir relativ schnell den Sensor tauschen. Jetzt müssen wir noch zu Standlauf, das ging hier alles etwas einfacher als auf dem Heimatflughafen. Erst dann konnten wir wieder mit unseren Startvorbereitungen beginnen. Der dreiviertel Tag war jetzt um, damit war unser Plan, den VFR Flug Richtung Muscat durchzuführen, ins Wasser gefallen. Schnell haben wir unseren IFR Flugplan überabeitet und eingereicht. Nach den üblichen Startvorbereitungen sind wir gegen 16:00 Ortszeit auf der Bahn30 gestartet. Mittlerweile war der Wind weiter aufgefrischt. Für den Start hatte man uns 14 Knoten Crosswind vorhergesagt. Damit waren wir hart an dem Limit der Kodiak für den Start.  Als wir zum Start rollten setzte ein größere Maschinen, ich glaube es war eine 737, mit viel Bank auf dem Rechten Hauptfahrwerk auf und eierte über die Bahn. Zum Glück passierte nichts weiter und der Pilot bekam das Flugzeug unter Kontrolle. Vor uns ging eine MD 80 raus und wir mussten darauf warten, dass sich die. Wirbel vom Start verzogen hatten.
Ich hatte vorsichtshalber ein paar Tüten ausgelegt, weil ich befürchtete, dass es ein sehr holpriger Flug werden würde. Nach dem Abheben wurden wir auch gleich ganz massiv zur Seite gedrückt und ich musste Kräftig gegensteuern damit wir den Kurs halten können. Bei ungefähr 16 - 18 Knoten Seitenwind tanzt die Maschine stark um die Yaw-Achse. Die Maschine sackte an mehrmals gut durch und schaukelte wild von links nach rechts. Unsere Kolumnistin hat dann nach ein paar Minuten Flugzeit doch mal zur Tüte gegriffen und hat sich mit grünem Gesicht in ihrem Sitz zurückgelehnt. Wir sind dann so zügig wie möglich auf 13000 Fuß gestiegen. Ab ca. 7000 Fuß wurde es weitaus ruhiger Wir sind mit 45 Knoten Rückenwind Richtung Muscat unterwegs gewesen. Unsere Fluggeschwindigkeit über Grund beträgt teilweise 225 Knoten, während der IAS nur 141 Knoten. Nach ca. einer Stunde Flugzeit holen wir uns das aktuelle Wetter für Muscat, leichte Wind aus viablen Richtungen sind angekündigt. Das heißt, wir sollten keine Probleme haben.
Was hatte ich gesagt, jetzt ist es wieder die Wolkendecke. Die reicht fast bis zum Boden.
Wir hatten gehofft, die Berge sehen zu können. Na gut dann eine ILS Anflug auf dem Flughafen Wir fliegen über den Anflugpunkt M15ER und drehen in den Anflug auf die Landebahn ein. Autopilot aus und den Anflug mit der Hand Richtung 26R. Wir landen mit ILS ohne Probleme auf Flughafen. Allmählich gewöhne ich mich an das miese Wetter. Das scheint auf der Reise Standard zu sein. Wir haben schnell die Nachflugkontrollen gemacht. Dann die üblichen Formalitäten und ab ins Hotel.

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-04 11.58.25.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-04 12.31.36.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-04 12.44.09 1.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-04 12.57.55.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-04 13.12.56.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-04 13.41.29.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-04 13.56.49.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-04 13.58.33.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-04 13.59.34.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-04 14.03.15.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-04 14.03.31.png

2022-01-04 15_32_18-Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-04 14.10.59.png

• Like 2

Today we go from Muscat towards Karachi. We wanted to start at 6:00 p.m. for the 395 miles.
We have a visa entry permit and a landing permit for the airport.

We had completed and submitted the flight plan for breakfast in the morning. We have planned to start in the late afternoon around 6:00 p.m. We used the day. Around. To visit the Muratrah Souk as well as the Muratah Cornichi. A unique experience to walk through these markets, smell the scents of herbs. At the market you have the feeling of being in a mystical world. At the end we visited the Sultan Quaboss Mosque to collect the backpacks from the hotel. It went on to the airport. We carried out the checks as quickly as possible and took care of the clearance to take off.
At around 7:00 p.m. we started on train 26 to Pakistan. The start took us over the districts of Seep and Ar Rumayas and from there on to the Gulf of Oman. We quickly reached our planned altitude of 15,000 feet. After about 10 minutes we got the message that we should continue to climb to 16,000 feet, which we did quickly. With a tail wind of 47 knots. Do you have our airspeed over ground currently 221 knots? Fast. The time passed while we thought about what we could see in Pakistan in Karachi the owl of course unpacked a travel guide again and showed us which sights would be waiting for us there. Suddenly a radio message came from the center. We should get in touch with all about helped with Karachi. It was called the frequency. We called Karachi and they told us that we could not land in Karachi because the airport was currently closed due to the corona.
Everyone made long faces, we can't go to Karachi, we should turn around, that throws us back a whole day. All 3 quickly started to count the owl, who was meanwhile also really good at the fuel bill, had written a small program where she did the step calculation with Excel. Quickly calculated and said, theoretically, we would have to make it to the next airport in India. I had calculated the fuel back. And said that would be enough, so now the decision was made. Do we take the longer way to India to the airport in Jamnagar Or the safe way back? My copilot and I calculated the fuel consumption with all sorts of adversities and thought that the Kodiak should be able to do that. We are still within safe range and even still have. Good reserve. A connection was established via HF with the Indian ground station that connected us to the Jamnagar airport. We had to find out that the airport only offers a BEFORE approach and is therefore not in operation at night. Well, what's still within reach, Rajkot Airport. We quickly established a connection with the airport and clarified whether a landing this late is still possible. Entered the new flight plan into the MFD. Sometimes I love these gadgets on board. Nonetheless, we checked on the map. Whether our navigation, which is shown to us in the flight plan, also corresponds to what we see on the map. Fortunately, the visas we needed for India were already there. During the flight, I glanced at the oxygen indicator. We had now used half of our oxygen. As we approached the coast, I wasn't worried that the oxygen would be enough. For the first time we had to access the on-board groceries. Our columnist provided us with bread on the way. And served drinks to both of us, the pilots and copilots. In between, she continued to write on the column for the newspaper. We had specially set up a stable work area where she could clamp her computer and supply it with power. In the meantime she had got used to rocking the airplane and working on it. In between she got up again and again, stretching her legs a little. And asked us if we needed anything else?
The flight time up in any case against fast we quickly tried something about the Corona conditions. To find out at the place. But that wasn't that easy. We even made it over the radio.
During the landing, the message "GEN Fail" caused a stir in the cockpit.
Since we were on the final approach, we carried out the emergency procedure for the "GEN Fail" and landed quickly without any difficulties.
We flew 800 miles today, I'm really exhausted.
We'll take care of the generator tomorrow, I left the batteries charged that evening.

------

Hallo

Heute geht es von Muskat in Richtung Karachi.  Für die 395 Meilen wollten wir um 18:00 starten.
Wir haben Visum Einfluggenehmigung und eine Landeerlaubnis für den Flughafen.

Wir hatten den Flugplan morgens bei den Frühstücken fertig gestellt und eingereicht. Wir haben geplant Spätnachmittags gegen 18:00 Uhr zu starten. Den Tag haben wir genutzt. Um. Den Muratrah Souk sowie den Muratah Cornichi zu besuchen. Ein einmaliges Erlebnis, über diese Märkte zu laufen, die Düfte von Kräutern zu riechen. Auf dem Markt hat man das Gefühl in einer mystischen Welt zu sein. Zum Abschluss haben wir dann noch die Sultan Quaboss Moschee besucht, um dann im Hotel die Rücksäcke zu holen. Weiter ging es zum Flughafen. So schnell wie möglich haben wir die Kontrollen durchgeführt und haben uns um die Startfreigabe gekümmert.
Um circa 19:00 Uhr sin wir über die Bahn 26 nach Pakistan gestartet. Der Start führte uns über die Ortsteile Seep und Ar Rumayas und von dort weiter auf den Golf von Oman. Schnell haben wir unsere geplante Flughöhe von 15000 Fuß erreicht. Nach ungefähr 10 Minuten bekamen wir die Meldung, dass wir weiter auf 16000 Fuß steigen sollen, was wir dann auch zügig machten. Bei einem Rückenwind von 47 Knoten. Hast du unsere Fluggeschwindigkeit über Grund aktuell 221 Knoten? Schnell. Verging die Zeit, indem wir überlegten, was wir in Pakistan in Karatschi uns angucken könnten die Eule packte natürlich wieder einen Reiseführer aus und zeigte uns, welche Sehenswürdigkeiten dort auf uns warten würden. Auf einmal kam ein Funkspruch vom Center. Wir sollten uns mit all über half mit Karatschi in Verbindung setzen. Es wurde die Frequenz genannt. Wir riefen Karatschi an und man teilte uns mit, dass wir in Karatschi nicht landen könnten, da der Flughafen Coronabedingt aktuell gesperrt sei.

Alle zogen lange Gesichter, wir können nicht nach Karatschi sollen wir umdrehen, das schmeißt uns einen ganzen Tag zurück. Schnell fing alle 3 anzurechnen die Eule, die mittlerweile in der Sprit Rechnung auch richtig gut war, hatte sich ein kleines Programm geschrieben, wo sie mit Excel die Schritt Rechnung. Schnell Durchkalkuliert und meinte rein theoretisch müssten wir es bis Indien zum nächsten Flughafen schaffen. Ich hatte den Sprit zurück kalkuliert. Und meinte, das würde auch reichen, also stand jetzt die Entscheidung an. Nehmen wir den längeren Weg nach Indien zum Flughafen nach Jamnagar Oder den sicheren Weg zurück? Mein Copilot und ich rechneten den Treibstoffverbrauch mit allen möglichen Widrigkeiten nach und meinten, das müsste mir der Kodiak zu schaffen sein. Damit sind wir noch innerhalb der sicheren Reichweite und hätten sogar noch. Gut Reserve. Über HF eine Verbindung mit der indischen Bodenstation aufgenommen, die uns mit dem Flughafen Jamnagar Verbunden hat. Da mussten wir erfahren das der Flughafen nur einen VOR Anflug bietet und damit nachts nicht in Betrieb ist. Na gut was ist noch in Reichweite, der Flughafen Rajkot. Schnell haben wir mit dem Flughafen eine Verbindung aufgebaut und geklärt ob eine Landung so spät noch möglich ist. Den neuen Flugplan in das MFD eingegeben. Manchmal liebe ich diese technischen Spielereien an Bord. Nichtsdestotrotz haben wir auf der Karte geprüft. Ob unsere Navigation, die uns das im Flugplan anzeigt wird, auch mit dem was wir auf der Karte sehen, übereinstimmt. Zu Glück waren die Visa, die wir für Indien benötigten, auch schon da. Während des Flugs schielte ich auf die Oxygen Anzeige. Wir hatten mittlerweile die Hälfte unseres Oxygens verbraucht. Da wir uns der Küste näherten, machte ich mir jetzt noch keine Sorgen, ob das Oxygen reichen würde.  Zum ersten Mal mussten wir an die bordeigenen Lebensmittel ran. Unsere Kolumnistin versorgte uns unterwegs mit Broten. Und servierte uns beiden, den Piloten und Copiloten Getränke. Zwischendurch schrieb sie weiter an der Kolumne für die Zeitung. Wir hatten extra einen stabilen Arbeitsbereich eingerichtet, wo sie ihren Computer festklemmen und mit Strom versorgen konnte. Mittlerweile hatte sie sich auch an des schaukeln des Flugzeuges und das Arbeiten dabei gewöhnt. Zwischendurch stand sie immer wieder auf, vertrat sich etwas die Beine. Und fragte uns, ob wir noch irgendwas bräuchten?
 Die Flugzeit bis in jeden Fall gegen schnell wir versuchten schnell noch etwas über die Corona Bedingungen. Am Orte herauszufinden. Was aber nicht so ganz einfach war. Wir schafften es sogar über Funk.
Bei der Landung sorgte die Meldung „GEN Fail“ noch für Aufregung im Cockpit.
Da wir im Endanflug waren haben wir das Notfallprocedre für den „GEN Fail“ durchgeführt und sind zügig ohne Schwierigkeiten gelandet.
Wir sind heute 800 Meilen geflogen, ich bin echt fertig.
Um den Generator kümmern wir uns morgen, die Batterien habe ich am Abend noch Aufladen lassen.

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-05 16.28.05.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-05 17.04.50.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-05 17.02.47.png

• Like 3

Hello fellow flyers.
As soon as we got up, we took care of the problem with the generator.
Fortunately, I had packed the aircraft's maintenance manuals, digitally of course. After some measurements we found out that the problem is not the generator but the generator switch. We were able to make a makeshift fix, which is sometimes what paperclips are good for. You can't get a spare part at the airport. To check on our repairs we took a short trip to Jamnagar Airport. There we checked everything again and tried again to get the spare part. But there was no spare part available at this airport either. I ordered the spare part over the Internet and had it sent to Mumbai. I hope the makeshift repaired generator switch holds up to Mumbai. At around 3 p.m. we started in Jamnagar towards Mumbai. We had to climb to 9000 feet to avoid the existing clouds, we then flew further with a heading 140 degrees over the Badar Reservoir. In the distance we could make out the Ginar mountain landscape, but not see it clearly due to the cloud cover. Continue via Kotha Pipaiya and Dari. After the flights through the desert landscape, a completely different landscape presents itself here. A green outlook, with small mountains and densely populated areas. Via Bhankodar on to the Arabian Sea.
I used the time and prepared for the approach to Mumbai. I studied the approach procedures. For the planned the missed approach procedure. Then the copilot and I asked each other whether we had it all in our heads.
I have not yet flown to an airport in Mumbai. The hilly terrain around the airport makes the approach interesting. After about an hour and 45 minutes of flight time, we could see the coast of the state of Maharashtra. When approaching the coast, we were able to marvel at the hilly terrain around the city. The city itself lay in a light haze. The approach to Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport was breathtaking. The hilly landscape with a great view of small places. I left the first part of the ILS to the autopilot and was able to take a look out of the cockpit at least temporarily. At 1500 feet, I turned off the AP and made the approach to 27.
Then we rolled to the parking area and did our usual dance (post-flight inspection) around the plane. Then off to the hotel.

Hallo Mitflieger.

Gleich nach dem Aufstehen haben wir uns um das Problem mit dem Generator gekümmert.
Zum Glück hatte ich die Wartungshandbücher des Flugzeugs eingepackt, natürlich digital. Nach einigen Messen haben wir herausgefunden, dass das Problem nicht der Generator, sondern der Generator Switch ist. Wir konnten das Problem Notdürftig reparieren, wofür manchmal Büroklammern gut sind.  Auf dem Flughafen keinen Ersatzteil zu bekommen. Um zu prüfen on unsere Reparatur hält haben wir einen kurzen Trip zu dem Flughafen Jamnagar geflogen. Dort haben wir nochmal alles überprüft und auch nochmal versucht das Ersatzteil zu bekommen. Aber auf diesem Flughafen war auch kein Ersatzteil vorhanden. Ich habe das Ersatzteil über das Internet bestellt und nach Mumbai schicken lassen. Ich hoffe, der notdürftig reparierte Generatorschalter hält bis Mumbai. Um zirka 15:00 Uhr sind wir dann in Jamnagar Richtung Mumbai gestartet. Wir mussten auf 9000 Fuß steigen um die vorhandene Bewölkung auszuweichen, wir sind dann weiter mit Steuerkurs 140 Grad über das Badar Reservoir geflogen. In der Ferne konnten wir die Ginar Berglandschaft ausmachen, aber aufgrund der Wolkendecke nicht klar erkennen. Weiter über Kotha Pipaiya und Dari. Nach den Flügen durch die Wüstenlandschaft bietet sich hier eine ganz andere Landschaft. Ein Grüner Ausblick, mit kleinen Gebirgen und dicht besiedelten Flächen. Über Bhankodar weiter auf die arabische See.
Ich nutzte die Zeit und habe mich auf den Anflug auf Mumbai vorbereitet. Ich studierte die Anflugverfahren. Für den geplanten das Missed Approch verfahren. Dann fragten der Copilot und ich uns gegenseitig ab, ob wir es auch alles im Kopf haben.
Bisher bin ich einen Flughafen auf Mumbai noch nicht angeflogen. Das hügelige Gelände um den Flughafen macht den Anflug interessant. Nach ungefähr einer Stunde und 45 Minuten Flugzeit konnten wir die Küste des Bundesstaates Maharashtra erkennen. Beim Anflug auf die Küste konnten wir das hügelige Gelände rund um die Stadt bestaunen. Die Stadt selber lag in einem leichten Dunstschleier. Der Anflug auf den Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport war atemberaubend. Die hügelige Landschaft mit tollem Ausblick auf kleinen Orten. Ich habe den ersten Teil des ILS dem Autopiloten überlassen u, wenigsten zeitweise einen blick aus dem Cockpit werfen zu können. Bei 1500 Fuß habe ich den AP abgeschaltet und habe den Anflug auf die 27 durchgeführt.
Danach sind wir zum Abstellplatz gerollt und haben unser üblichen tanz (Nachflugkontrolle) um den Flieger absolviert. Dann ab ins Hotel.

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-06 20.59.00.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-06 21.55.11.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-06 22.04.18.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-06 22.07.51.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-06 22.13.47.png

• Like 2

Since we arrived in Mumbai relatively promptly, we took the opportunity to have the generator checked. Lo and behold, the generator is defective. We immediately ordered a new one. The spare part arrived yesterday. We had the generator installed by a buddy in the aircraft forge. During that time we were allowed to borrow one of the company's own Cesssnas with which we did some sightseeing flights. The mechanics worked all morning installing the new generator. We have the generator switch changed at the same time. So we should be on the safe side for the next flights and not get a "generator fail" during the flight.
To try out our Kodiak, we flew a little round over Mumbai today. As with our previous flights, there is haze over the city. Even at an altitude of 800 feet, everything looks milky.
We have an appointment for the aircraft blessing by a "holy man"

---

Da wir relativ Zeitnah in Mumbai angekommen sind, haben wir die Gelegenheit genutzt und den Generator prüfen lassen. Und siehe da, der Generator hat einen defekt. Sofort haben wir einen neuen bestellt. Das Ersatzteil ist gestern angekommen. In der Flugzeugschmiede von einem Kumpel haben wir den Generator einbauen lassen. In der Zeit durften wir uns ein der der Firmeneigenen Cesssnas ausleihen mit der wir einige Rundflüge absolviert haben. Die Mechaniker haben den ganzen Vormittag gearbeitet und den neuen Generator eingebaut. Wir den Generatorschalter gleich mit wechseln lassen. Damit sollten wir für die nächsten Flüge auf jeden Fall auf der sicheren Seite sein und keinen „Generator Fail“ während des Flugs bekommen.

Um unsere Kodiak Auszuprobieren sind wir eine kleine Runde heute über Mumbai geflogen. Wie bei unseren vorherigen Flügen liegt Dunst über der Stadt Selbst bei einer Flughöhe von 800 Fuß wirkt alles milchig.
Wir haben gleich noch einen Termin zur Flugzeugsegnung durch einen „Heiligen Mann“ oder "saduh"

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-12 17.14.50k.png

• Like 2

We depart from Runway 27 in Mumbai, head out to sea, turn right and follow the coast for about 10 miles then turn east climbing to 12,000 feet. With sunshine and free from the ground-level haze, we can see a wonderful landscape of hills and valleys. The view of the city of Mumbai is impressive.
Before we started, we checked everything thoroughly again and stocked up on our spare parts. We are glad that the new generator works perfectly. Our flight distance today is 554 nautical miles. We hope that we can make it to the finish in the planned 3 hours. We are currently flying over the Bhatsa Reservoir. We follow the Tana Sarissa for a while. We soon cross the Godavari River and head towards Sillod. The next larger city is Aurangabad, which we reach after a 45-minute flight. At Patur the cloud cover increases. At our flight altitude of 12,000 feet, we stayed just below or at the cloud base. Near Nagpur we ridge into the foothills of a bad weather front which we fly around. At Gainji we start the descent. We fly via SADEV Transition to final approach to Raipur. Since it is already dark, we fly the ILS approach on runway 06. In the meantime, our columnist has lay down, she is a little green in the face and mumbles something about Indian food being too spicy. We provide our fellow passengers who are suffering from nausea with tablets from the on-board pharmacy. After we have carried out the post-flight check and secured the machine, we bring our patient to the hotel.
We booked rooms at Sayaji Hotel Raipur. Since our owl doesn't want to be left alone, we live feudally today and use room service.

----

Wir starten von der Bahn 27 in Mumbai, raus auf das Meer, drehen nach rechts und folgen der Küste für ca. 10 Meilen um dann nach Osten abzudrehen dabei steigen wir auf 12000 Fuß. Bei Sonnenschein und frei von dem Bodennahen Dunstkönnen wir auf eine wunderbare Landschaft mit Hügeln Tälern blicken. Der Ausblick auf die Stadt Mumbai ist dabei beeindruckend.
Vor dem Start haben wir nochmal alles gründlich durchgescheckt, und haben unsere Ersatzteile aufgestockt. Wir sind froh, dass der neue Generator einwandfrei funktioniert. Unsere Flugdistanz heute sind 554 nautische Meilen. Wir hoffen, dass wir in den geplanten 3 Stunden bis zum Ziel schaffen. Aktuell fliegen wir über das Bhatsa Reservoir. Wir folgen ein Stück dem Tana Sarissa. Bald schon überqueren wir den Godavari River und halten Kurs Richtung Sillod. Die nächst größere Stadt ist Aurangabad, die wir nach einer dreiviertel Stunde Flugzeit erreichen. Bei Patur nimmt die Wolkendecke zu. Bei unserer Flughöhe von 12000 Fuß blieben wir kurz unterhalb bzw. an der Wolkenuntergrenze. In der Nähe von Nagpur graten wir in den Ausläufer einer Schlechtwetterfront die wir umfliegen.  Bei Gainji beginnen wir mit dem Sinkflug. Wir fliegen über SADEV Transition zum Endanflug auf Raipur. Da es mittlerweile schon dunkel ist fliegen wir den ILS Anflug auf die Bahn 06. Mittlerweile hat sich unsere Kolumnistin hingelegt, sie ist ein wenig grün im Gesicht und murmelt etwas von zu scharfen Indischen Essen. Wir versorgen unsere unter Übelkeit leidendende mitreisende mit Tabletten aus der Bordapotheke. Nachdem wir die Nachflugkontrolle durchgeführt und die Maschine gesichert haben bringen wir unsere Kranke ins Hotel.
Wir haben Zimmer im Sayaji Hotel Raipur gebucht. Da unsere Eule nicht alleine lassen wollen leben wir heute mal feudal und nutzen den Zimmerservice.

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-14 16.17.37k.png

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-14 15.54.40k.png

• Like 1

Hello fellow adventurers.
 Since we only had a relatively short leak today. Had we decided to fly VFR while the light allowed. After taking off on Runway 24, we turn to heading 090 and climb to 5050 feet. After a short time we cross the Mahadi River. At the flight altitude we can at least see parts of the landscape, which is again shrouded in a haze
We continue to fly east and follow road 353 to Bagbahara, then hold the compass heading 098 degrees and continue to fly east. We have to go through the crosswind of. 9 knots be careful not to drift too far. Dusk slowly sets in. Our goal is a passage between 2 chains of hills, which we can already make out and to which we hold. A short time later we cross the Jonk River.
At Mandiadhipa we turn course 80 and fly towards Padmapur. From here we follow the Ong River until it meets the Mahanadi Riva at Dhaurakhaman. As it slowly gets dark we climb to 9000 feet as we now have a closed cloud cover we can no longer make out anything from the landscape. We continue to fly with GPS support.
During our approach to Bhubaneswar it was again some excitement. According to the instructions from the tower, we flew a direct approach onto runway 32, the instructions were clear, turn air HDG 312 and so on. On the final approach, half a mile ahead from the port side, another aircraft that was on its way to land suddenly appeared. Since the machine was never able to leave the runway in time, we flew a "missed approach". We were able to complete the next approach without any problems. We were then allowed to spend half the evening at air traffic control, where the incident was being investigated. We were not to blame for the incident. The pilot of the other aircraft should have lined up behind us.
We then went into town for another bite and then on to the hotel. Tomorrow we will visit Lingaraja Temple and then move on to the next stage.

---

Hallo Mitabenteurer.

Da wir heute nur ein relativ kurzes Leck hatten haben. Hatten wir beschlossen VFR zu fliegen, solange das Licht es zulässt.  Nach dem Start auf der Runway 24 drehen wir auf Steuerkurs 090 und steigen auf 5050 Fuß.   Nach kurzer Zeit überqueren wir den Mahadi River. Auf der Flughöhe können wir zumindest Teile der Landschaft, die sich wieder in einen Dunstschleier hüllt erkennen

Wir fliegen weiter Richtung Osten und Folgen der Straße 353 bis Bagbahara, dann halten wir den Kompass Kurs 098 Grad und Fliegen weiter gen Osten. Wir müssen durch den Seitenwind von. 9 Knoten aufpassen, dass wir nicht zu weit abdriften. Langsam setzt die Abenddämmerung ein. Unser Ziel ist ein Durchgang zwischen 2 Hügelketten, denen wir jetzt schon ausmachen können und auf die wir zu halten. Kurze Zeit später überqueren wir den Jonk River.
Bei Mandiadhipa Drehen wir auf Steuer Kurs 80 und Fliegen auf Padmapur zu. Von hier folgen wir dem Ong River bis dieser bei Dhaurakhaman auf den Mahanadi Riva trifft. Des es langsame dunkel wird steigen wir auf 9000 Fuß da wir mittlerweile eine geschlossene Wolkendecke haben können wir von der Landschaft nichts mehr ausmachen. Wir fliegen weiter mit GPS-Unterstützung.

Bei unserem Anflug auf Bhubaneswar es war gab es noch mal einige Aufregung. Wir flogen nach Anweisungen Tower ein Direktanflug auf die Runway 32, die Anweisungen waren klar, Turn Luft HDG 312 und so weiter. Im Endanflug tauchte auf einmal von Backbord eine halbe Meile voraus, ein weiteres Flugzeug auf das sich im Landeanflug befand. Da die Maschine niemals rechtzeitig die Bahn verlassen konnte haben wir dann einen „missed approach“ geflogen. Den nächsten Anflug haben wir ohne Probleme beenden können. Danach durften wir den halben Abend bei der Flugsicherung zubringen, wo der Vorfall untersucht wurde. Uns traf keine Schuld an dem Vorfall. Der Luftfahrzeugführer des anderen Luftfahrzeuges hätte sich hinter uns einreihen sollen.
Wir sind dann in die Stadt um noch einen Happen einzuwerfen und dann weiter in das Hotel. Morgen werden wir den Lingaraja-Tempel besuchen und dann auf die nächste Etappe gehen.

Quest_Kodiak-LR_G1000 - 2022-01-15 12.57.24k.png

• Like 2

We got up early, saw the sights in Bhubaneswar, and then drove straight to the airport. Since we only had our backpacks with us, there was no problem with the luggage on the sightseeing trip. After the usual checks and approvals before each flight, we took off. The weather conditions allowed a VFR flight to Calcutta. After the start on runway 32 we continued our flight to Cuttak. With the weather conditions was our goal. The Similipal National Park.
We have put together a flight route that is exciting for us, on which we use the national roads. Follow. After crossing the Bramani River we turn to heading 347 at Panikoili and follow the Baitarani River up. Talagaon. We fly over the Salandi River and are now almost in the national park. We fly at 3000 feet left and right hills gently rising. We enjoy the wonderful view. Small lakes, gentle climbs to the hills, forested terrain everywhere. A unique view. Unfortunately, we are only allowed to fly past the edge of the national park, as we have not received direct overflight permission for the national park. We follow the National Road 19. To Baripada. Unfortunately, halfway to the national park, the Indian weather hits again and we are in a thick layer of haze. We can hardly see anything from the ground and have to rely on our GPS navigation again and climb to 7000 feet after consultation with duration, at that height we have good visibility again. While my co-pilot, I already deal with the approach. Runway 19 on the left is announced. We fly over Kharagpur Airport and continue towards Kolkata. From 18 nautical miles we can already make out the airport in the distance. We keep to the left of the airport for the planned approach procedure. Landing with ILS runs without problems.
After securing the machine and doing all the preparatory work, we start our tour of Calcutta.

Wir sind früh aufgestanden, haben die Sehenswürdigkeiten in Bhubaneswar angesehen, und sind dann direkt zum Flughafen gefahren. Da wir nur unsere Rucksäcke mit hatten war das kein Problem mit dem Gepäck bei dem Sightseeing Trip. Nach den, vor jedem Flug üblichen Kontrollen und Genehmigungen sind wir gestartet. Die Wetterbedingungen ließen einen VFR Flug nach Kalkutta zu. Nach dem Start auf der Bahn 32 sin wir weiter nach Cuttak geflogen. Bei den Wetterbedingungen war unser Ziel. Der Similipal Nationalpark.

Wir haben eine für uns spannende Flugroute zusammengestellt, bei denen wir den Nationalstraßen. folgen. Nachdem dem überqueren des Bramani River drehen wir bei Panikoili auf Steuerkurs 347. Und Folgen dem Baitarani River Bis. Talagaon. Wir überfliegen den Salandi River und sind jetzt fast im Nationalpark.  Wir fliegen auf 3000 Fuß links und rechts steigen Hügel sanft an. Wir Genießen den wunderbaren Ausblick. Kleine Seen, sanfte Anstiege zu den Hügeln, überall bewaldetes Gelände. Ein einmaliger Ausblick. Leider dürfen wir nur am Rand des Nationalparks vorbeifliegen, da wir keinen direkten Überfluggenehmigung für den Nationalpark bekommen haben. Wir folgen der Nationalstraße 19. Nach Baripada.  Auf halber Strecke am Nationalpark schlägt leider das indische Wetter wieder zu und wir sind in einer dicken Dunstschicht. Wir können kaum noch etwas vom Boden erkennen und müssen uns wieder auf unsere GPS-Navigation verlassen und steigen nach Absprache mit Dauer auf 7000 Fuß, auf der Höhe haben wir wieder gute Sicht. Während mein Copilot beschäftige ich mich schon mal mit dem Anflug. Angekündigt ist die Landebahn 19 links. Wir überfliegen den Flughafen Kharagpur und halten weiter auf Kalkutta zu. Ab 18 nautischen Meilen können wir den Flughafen schon in der Entfernung ausmachen. Wir halten uns Links vom Flughafen für das geplante Anflugverfahren. Die Landung mit ILS läuft ohne Probleme ab.
Nachdem wir die Maschine gesichert und alle Vormalitäten erledigt sind starten wir unsere Tor durch Kalkutta

VEBS-VECC-35.jpg

VEBS-VECC-37.jpg

VEBS-VECC-59.jpg

• Like 2

Hello folks.
I hope everyone left Calcutta safely. After a day of sightseeing in Calcutta, we make our way to Chattogram. We fly from the 3rd most populous city in India to the 2nd most populous city in Bangladesh. In Calcutta, our columnist “The Owl” met up with an acquaintance for a tour of the city. Just before we wanted to go to the next police station, luckily she showed up again. The two had talked a little in a bar. The two pilots were left with the task of planning the next itinerary and considering how we would fly. The announced weather is not so good. We planned a VFR route at 3500 feet, the flight was unspectacular. The landscape is interspersed with many agricultural areas and is quite monotonous. “The Owl”, our columnist, really sleeps in during the flight. Today "little Fant", my co-pilot, is flying the Leg. I'm excited to see what awaits us in this other mega-metropolis. After about 12 minutes by plane we cross the border into Bangladesh. Luckily, we sorted out the arrival formalities well in advance, so no problems are to be expected. We hope, despite the high Covid rate in Bangladesh, to be able to leave the airport that our columnist can meet with her friend. The landing by visual flight went well and touched down buttery soft on the runway.

Hallo Leute.

Ich hoffe, alle sind aus Kalkutta gut weggekommen. Nach einem Tag Aufenthalt in Kalkutta, der zum Sightseeing genutzt wurde machen wir uns auf den Weg nach Chattogram.  Wir fliegen von der 3 Bevölkerungsreichsten Stadt Indiens, zur zweit Bevölkerungsreichsten Stadt in Bangladesch. In Kalkutta hatte sich unsere Kolumnistin „Die Eule“ mit einer Bekannten zu einer Tour durch die Stadt getroffen. Kurz bevor wir die nächste Polizeiwache aufzusuchen, wollten tauchte sie, zum Glück, wieder auf. Die beiden hatten sich ein wenig in einer Bar verquatscht. Für die beiden Piloten blieb wieder die Aufgabe übrig, die nächste Reiseroute zu planen und zu überlegen, wie wir fliegen. Das angekündigte Wetter ist nicht so gut. Wir Planten eine VFR Route auf 3500 Fuß, Dier Flug verlief unspektakulär. Die Landschaft ist mit vielen Agrarflächen durchsetzt und recht eintönig.  „Die Eule“, unsere Kolumnistin schläft sich während des Flugs richtig aus. Heut fliegt „der kleine Fant“, mein Copilot, den Leg. Ich bin gespannt, was uns in diesem in dieser weiteren Megametropole erwartet. Nach ungefähr 12 Minuten Flugzeug überqueren wir die Grenze nach Bangladesch. Zum Glück haben wir die Anreise Formalitäten weit im Vorfeld geklärt, so dass es keine Probleme zu erwarten sind. Wir hoffen, trotz der hohen Covid Rate in Bangladesch, den Flughafen verlassen zu können, der mit unserer Kolumnistin sich mit ihrer Bekannten treffen kann. Die Landung per Sichtflug verlief gut und haben Butterweich auf der Bahn aufgesetzt.

VECC-VGEG.jpg

• Like 2