Flight Director

Hello - my buddy and I recently purchased the CRJ (yesterday) and each did a couple legs yesterday.  We both encountered the exact issues depicted in the below video. (Issues start at 45:00)

V1 is a popular and highly skilled pilot / streamer and experienced the exact same issues that my friend and I experienced independently, namely 1. Flight director bugs out immediately after takeoff and 2. autopilot doesn't engage.

Is there something that the three of us are failing to set properly, or is this plane just bugged?

At 33:12 he says "I'm just curious if these buttons work over here on the [Honeycomb] Bravo ...". Then he toggles NAV mode ON/OFF, but the Flight Director remains enabled from that point. The final outcome may also be a bug, but apart from that the only possible Flight Director mode at take-off is lateral/vertical "TO", which is activated with the TOGA button.

Archived